Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 01-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535d xDrive
535d Space or Callisto Gray with Mocha Napa?

Getting close to ordering a 535d and I'm trying to decide between Callisto and Space gray, with Mocha Nappa. My favorite color combination of all the cars I have owned was a Sterling Silver/Cinnamon M3 and I'd love to do something similar. I was going to go Space Gray but saw the Callisto option. Does anyone have it, or seen it with Mocha. Thoughts?

Also, anyone have positive/negative reviews of the adaptive lighting or pedestrian detection?

Thanks
Jon
------
2010 335d Green/Chestnut
2006 911 Grey/Natural Brown
2006 335 Cab Space Gray/Brown
2003 M3 Sterling/Cinnamon
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2014, 08:50 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore View Post
Getting close to ordering a 535d and I'm trying to decide between Callisto and Space gray, with Mocha Nappa. My favorite color combination of all the cars I have owned was a Sterling Silver/Cinnamon M3 and I'd love to do something similar. I was going to go Space Gray but saw the Callisto option. Does anyone have it, or seen it with Mocha. Thoughts?

Also, anyone have positive/negative reviews of the adaptive lighting or pedestrian detection?

Thanks
Jon
------
2010 335d Green/Chestnut
2006 911 Grey/Natural Brown
2006 335 Cab Space Gray/Brown
2003 M3 Sterling/Cinnamon

Both would go well with a Mocha interior. I have Space Gray/Mocha- love it!
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:26 AM

Mein Auto: LCI 550i Msport
Calisto has too much green in it for me so my vote is Space Gray (see sig)

Alan

2014 LCI 550i M Sport | 3D Design Front Spoiler | BMW Performance Black Kidney Grills | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler | BMW Performance Gloss Black Diffuser | Painted Reflectors | Wincos 30% Tint | Supersprint Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer Springs | MORR VS8.2 Brushed Finished Wheels 20x10R and 20x9F | Michelin PSS Tires 245/35/20F 285/30/20R | M550d 16mm RSB |||More Photos of my car here|||
Old 01-16-2014, 09:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 535d
My dealer had a Calisto Gray 535d that he let me drive over the weekend. It was optioned almost exactly how we wanted it. However, Alan is right, in certain lights, Calisto turns into a green. Space Gray is a richer look IMO.

We have decided to pass on the Calisto and will be ordering instead.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535d xDrive
Thanks -- when I realized I couldn't get Calisto and the M Sport package, I think that seals it for me. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Shogunman

Mein Auto: 2013 640i GC
I visited my dealer today and checked out Calisto Gray and Space Gray in person - both 535d. I personally liked calisto over space because of two reasons:: uniqueness and the greenish tint. I am not sure if it can be ordered with M Sport Line though as the BMW configurator website does not allow it. Maybe it can be special ordered (at no charge since we pay $550 MSRP anyways).

I looked at Mocha Napa interior in a Dark Graphite color exterior in a 535i. It looks gorgeous and the combination looked good too. I am not sure if it will go with either calisto or space though to my liking - this is subjective as some folks love it. In any case, the Mocha Napa looks gorgeous, luxurious and very tastefully appointed.

If going Mocha Napa with M Sport Line, I would go with Carbon Black or with Alpine White. If going Alpine White, I'd order it with Black Kidney Grills. If ordered with the car, it costs $185 MSRP and is part of the monroney sticker so it can be residualized (if leasing).

At the dealership, I also saw a 2014 535d M Sport Line in Alpine White exterior with black kidney grills and Mocha Napa interior with anthracite wood trim. IT LOOKED GORGEOUS, LUXURIOUS, TASTEFULLY APPOINTED AND VERY SPORTY. The exhaust pipes were black as well (this is standard in M Sport I guess) which played off the black of the kidney grills, the shadowline trim and the front/rear aero bumpers of M Sport line very well - overall, the white over black really popped and the colors worked very well together in a very classsic way. I have traditionally been a metallic paint guy but ever since I got my Gran Coupe in Imola Red (this is a non metallic color), I have become more open minded. I do get my cars washed every 2 weeks and waxed every 4 months and have had no swirl problems yet (owned since Aug 2013 - 2 waxes done and multiple washes). Also, I have traditionally not liked white in 5 or 6 or 7 series BMWs due to the size of the car and the sleek lines not being as visible but the combo above in a 5 series changed my mind - maybe it was because of the M Sport Line or whatever but I spent nearly 15 minutes admiring it from every angle possible. This is a winning combination IMHO.

I highly recommend seeing the color combination prior to ordering.

Last edited by shogunman; 01-21-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 650i Convertible
What dealership?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 01-21-2014, 10:25 PM
Shogunman

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnutfan View Post
What dealership?

BMW of Fremont - this is in North California in Bay Area.

Last edited by shogunman; 01-22-2014 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:11 PM
Shogunman

So I saw first hand a Space Gray 535i M Sport Line with Mocha Napa with Anthracite trim with black kidney grills today. One of my friends leased this in December - I sat in it and then took it out for a spin and then admired it for a good 5 to 10 minutes. This is totally an amazing color combination. Even better than the Alpine White and Mocha Napa I spoke about earlier.

Folks who have the Space Gray with Mocha Napa in M Sport Line - you guys have an amazing looking car.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 550i M-Sport
Of the 2 choices I would say the spay grey because it show its lines beautifully. I am a fan of more people getting a car in a color other than white black or silver/grey. There are not enough other colors on the roads. However, there was a M5 at the dealership here in Austin for a long time that nobody wanted. It looked mossy green to me but I think it was Amazonite Silver. Anyway, someone special ordered it and didnt like it once it arrived. It had white leather. they had to dicount it majorly before they could sell it. So, resale value is another thing to think about.
2013 550i M Sport|300|LCSW|4MR|2TB|704|760|PDC|ZEC|6F2|ZDA|5AD |416|494|Dinan Stage 2|CF Spoiler,MirrorCaps&Splitter|M Performance Diffuser|Front Reflector Delete|Black Grilles|Rear Fog Lights|Euro Side Mirrors&Tail Lights|M5 Front & M550D Rear Sway Bars|20" HB04|Roof Wrapped|Coded|CCA member
Old 01-23-2014, 07:21 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunman View Post
So I saw first hand a Space Gray 535i M Sport Line with Mocha Napa with Anthracite trim with black kidney grills today. One of my friends leased this in December - I sat in it and then took it out for a spin and then admired it for a good 5 to 10 minutes. This is totally an amazing color combination. Even better than the Alpine White and Mocha Napa I spoke about earlier.

Folks who have the Space Gray with Mocha Napa in M Sport Line - you guys have an amazing looking car.

Thanks! Love the Space Gray/Mocha combination.

I generally like all the BMW interior browns: Cinnamon, Saddle, Amaro, etc......
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535xd M-Sport
Finally saw a Callisto Grey today and I love it. Unfortunately it is not available in the M-Sport line.

A lot of folks describe it as having a tinge of green. I can see why they say that, but honestly my first impression was that it was simply a grey color. It wasn't until I compared it to the Space Grey 528 two spaces over that I could see that there was just the tiniest hint of the suggestion of a little bit of green. Mostly though I got the impression that it was a much warmer version of Space Grey. Whereas Space Grey is more of a true shade of grey.

Personally I find it a very comfortable grey and one that would go very well with Mocha Nappa. Space Grey also goes extremely well, but in that case it's more of a slight contrast whereas with Callisto Grey it feels more like a coordinated color. Both are very appealing to my eye, but I think I prefer the Callisto/Mocha…except that I also wanted M-Sport so Space Grey is what I ordered.

However, if you're still thinking about it, it's a great combo and less common than the Space Grey.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:33 PM

Mein Auto: '14 535ix
We were looking at F10 past weekend at a local dealership and between space and calisto decided to go with calisto. I like the darker color better and the greenish hue doesn't bother me. They had cars in the 2 colors next to each other on the lot, and the calisto looked better (personal preference of course). I am ordering so inventory options didn't matter