Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-29-2012, 09:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i sedan 6sp. Auto
2006 330i sedan maintenance question. New to forum.

Hi!
I have a 2006 BMW 330i with about 59,500 miles on it. My BMW dealership where I live are crooks and always without fail damage my car in some way when I get it serviced there. The last time resulted in body damage and a loaner car for a week & they still didn't fix all the damage they caused. Ok now that I've ranted about them, my question is what is the MINIMAL maintenance due at my mileage. I don't have any service engine lights on etc & just replaced front tires for the 3rd time ( sports package ) the car is running great except it seems to not have to "get up" it used to and I can tell something's different. It feels like its " hesitating" I know I'm probably due for an oil change & filter but my car is paid off & don't want to let any maintenance lapse that will cost me double in the future. I would like to stay ontop of it. I purchased my car new in 2007 so I've been covered by my warranty & have kept the scheduled maintenance up until my warranty expired about a 1.5 years ago. Honestly I don't even know if anything is due. I may just need a good oil/filter change. Also looking for advice on where i can get oil/filter/maintainence done other than the dealer. Any advice is great appreciated!
Thanks,
Belinda~
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2012, 09:49 AM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blndty View Post
Hi!
I have a 2006 BMW 330i with about 59,500 miles on it. My BMW dealership where I live are crooks and always without fail damage my car in some way when I get it serviced there. The last time resulted in body damage and a loaner car for a week & they still didn't fix all the damage they caused. Ok now that I've ranted about them, my question is what is the MINIMAL maintenance due at my mileage. I don't have any service engine lights on etc & just replaced front tires for the 3rd time ( sports package ) the car is running great except it seems to not have to "get up" it used to and I can tell something's different. It feels like its " hesitating" I know I'm probably due for an oil change & filter but my car is paid off & don't want to let any maintenance lapse that will cost me double in the future. I would like to stay ontop of it. I purchased my car new in 2007 so I've been covered by my warranty & have kept the scheduled maintenance up until my warranty expired about a 1.5 years ago. Honestly I don't even know if anything is due. I may just need a good oil/filter change. Also looking for advice on where i can get oil/filter/maintainence done other than the dealer. Any advice is great appreciated!
Thanks,
Belinda~
When you first start your car there will be a mileage indicator on the center dash briefly displayed that counts down the mileage to when your next oil change is due. Should be about 15,000 or so miles from your last change (full synthetic oil).

Most anybody can change your oil and filter (avoid Jiffy Lube or the really sketchy places).

Worn brake pads will light up a warning.

Google search Montgomery for a good indy shop specializing in BMWs and make friends with them!

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)
Old 09-29-2012, 09:53 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i sedan 6sp. Auto
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE REPLY!! I will head out to get an oil change. Do you know if any other scheduled maintenance is due at 60,000 miles or does the schedule start at 75-100K miles?
Thanks again, I absolutely appreciate you!
B~
Old 09-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
If you are keeping your car

If you are keeping your car
And you like to keep it in good shape follow the Mike Miller old school schedule.
Google Mike Miller BMW.
This means changing out all the life time fluids.
If you can DIY you can do a lot of this fairly cheaply.
Most of the car lovers here will change there oil every 7500 miles if not sooner.
Both air filters are easy DIY's.

Last edited by ctuna; 09-29-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
The best thing for you to do is to send a private message to "smolck", Shad Molck. You can find his profile by looking/searching the Members List at the top of the forums.

Shad is a great guy. He is a very experienced mechanic. He lives in Birmingham. He travels a lot and helps Bimmerfesters all around Alabama. He loves helping people with their automotive needs. You'll find him in the E46 forum. He is one of the most respected members in that forum. You should talk with him on the phone. If he does nothing else for you he can help you understand what your car is all about and understand its maintenance needs in a way that no amount of communication here on the forum can do.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 09-29-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:27 AM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
The best thing for you to do is to send a private message to "smock", Shad Molck. You can find his profile by looking/searching the Members List at the top of the forums.

Shad is a great guy. He is a very experienced mechanic. He lives in Birmingham. He travels a lot and helps Bimmerfesters all around Alabama. He loves helping people with their automotive needs. You'll find him in the E46 forum. He is one of the most respected members in that forum. You should talk with him on the phone. If he does nothing else for you he can help you understand what your car is all about and understand its maintenance needs in a way that no amount of communication here on the forum can do.
Great tip ..... I be he knows the good indy BMW mechanic's in Montgomery!

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)