Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-25-2009, 11:04 AM

Mein Auto: 328i Convertible
Glove box problem on '07 328i

Hey all,

I just had my dealer "fix" my glove box issue and it still won't open! It opened yesterday when I picked up my car, but today it will not open. This problem is driving me crazy. Anyone else had this problem and/or any suggestions about a fix?

The dealer replaced the glove-box latch switch and said it was now fixed. Clearly it is not. It makes a clicking sound when I lift the latch, but it won't release and open.

I have comfort access, an alarm, Nav, and the iPod attachment all installed. Also, the car is a 2007 328i convertible.

Thanks for any help!

-E
Old 02-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Combat Commuter

Mein Auto: 2007 E93 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinSD View Post
Hey all,

I just had my dealer "fix" my glove box issue and it still won't open! It opened yesterday when I picked up my car, but today it will not open. This problem is driving me crazy. Anyone else had this problem and/or any suggestions about a fix?

The dealer replaced the glove-box latch switch and said it was now fixed. Clearly it is not. It makes a clicking sound when I lift the latch, but it won't release and open.

I have comfort access, an alarm, Nav, and the iPod attachment all installed. Also, the car is a 2007 328i convertible.

Thanks for any help!

-E
thanks for reminding me....

My latch will not open the glovebox. However the key works fine. Dealer was supposed to have ordered a new mechanism but hasn't called. Time to rattle their cage again.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:32 AM
BimmerKitty

Mein Auto: 2007 328i Convertible
Question Same problem 20121003

Hi all,

Any luck resolving this issue?
I also am having this problem and am about to take the glove box apart.
I refuse to take it to the dealer... I'm sure I can fix it, I'm just curious if someone else has already gone through the trouble of determining the cause and disposition to the problem.

Thanks,
Kitty
Old 10-03-2012, 07:23 AM
flâneur en cabriolet

Mein Auto: 2007 E93 N54
I had a similar situation - the glove box would open with the key (could turn and open), but not the just the latch itself - seemed like it was always locked.

It had a bad lock actuator, dealer replaced and it's been fine since.