Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 09-18-2012, 12:24 AM
The Pumpkin King

Mein Auto: 2006 X3, 2009 E89
Help need E89 3.0 owners in Seattle

I'm looking for an owner in the Seattle area that has the sport package that would be willing to give us a ride in their car.

Why? We are looking to buy a preowned E89 and have yet to see one with the sport package. We did drive a 3.5 with the sport package and with the 19" wheels and the dreaded run flats on that car it is a bit harsh. So we are curious of the ride quality on the 18" wheels on the 3.0.

We would greatly appreciate any help you might be able to give us.

Pat
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35is
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC-X3 View Post
I'm looking for an owner in the Seattle area that has the sport package that would be willing to give us a ride in their car.

Why? We are looking to buy a preowned E89 and have yet to see one with the sport package. We did drive a 3.5 with the sport package and with the 19" wheels and the dreaded run flats on that car it is a bit harsh. So we are curious of the ride quality on the 18" wheels on the 3.0.

We would greatly appreciate any help you might be able to give us.

Pat
Sorry, I can't help because I'm not in the Seattle area but I did test drive a new 35is with 19" wheels and run-flats. Driving over a lane indicator on the freeway felt like I had hit a large pothole! I ended up buying a 35is with 18" wheels and have been very satisfied with the ride. At 19,000 miles I replaced the tires with Michelin PS2 run-flats and the ride is even better as well as the handling.

2011 Z4 35is
2014 X3 28i
Old 09-18-2012, 11:15 PM
The Pumpkin King

Mein Auto: 2006 X3, 2009 E89
Thanks Z4golfer, that's useful information. Should be making an offer on a 35i tomorrow, wish us luck.