Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 550i
LCI - n.t.a (SDARS) / n.t.a (US) messages after coding plus HBA question

Hi all,
Just coded my car yesterday and, while most everything went extremely smooth, I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping the board can provide insight on. My car is a 2014 F10 550i US build.

1) I changed the Nav voice from US to UK English through the following:

HU_NBT => 3000 => LANGUAGE_ENGLISH_UK => MASTER
HU_NBT => 3000 => LANGUAGE_ENGLISH_US => nicht_aktiv

While I do have the sexy UK lady voice now, my nav is not working properly. Voice recognition for navigation is not working properly and the whole Nav seems to be in 'UK' mode. Additionally, i have these 'odd' displays on my iDrive screen when I select Nav OR when listening to SAT radio --- "n.t.a. (SDARS-US)" is shown at the top of my radio screen while "n.t.a. (US)" is shown in my NAV screen.

Is there a way to get the UK voice without screwing everything else up? If not, would these "n.t.a." messages correct themselves if I simply undo my prior code?

NOTE - I did code a bunch of other options in addition to UK English (e.g. legal disclaimers, trunk close, turn signals in HUD, video playback, etc)-- so perhaps it was something else I did that caused these n.t.a. displays to show up. I did a search on this thread and don't see anything about 'n.t.a' displays.

2) I have the 'LED lighting package' with auto-high beams on my car, but do not have lane departure warning or speed limit information. I was trying to enable the EU style adaptive high-beams, but do not have a KAFAS2 module to code "KAFAS2 => 3050 => FLA_ON_OFF =>aktiv"

I do have ZLP & 5AP as part of my build specs and have the camera system to turn on/off the 'US-spec' auto-high beams. Is there a way for me to enable the 'adaptive' HB without the KAFAS2 module?

Any thoughts/insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by jhav; 05-24-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2014, 02:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 550i
So - I can confirm that reversing the code to make US English the primary fixes the SAT & NAV issues.... while this is good news, I'd still like to figure out how I could get the UK lady without 'breaking' anything.

Still seeking for guidance on how to get HBA working properly... if anybody has insight, it would be appreciated.

Past: 2011 335is CV (E93) - Space Gray/Saddle Brown 6MT
Past: 2005 545i (E60)- Black/Tan 6MT
Past: 1997 Acura 2.2 CL - Black/Gray 5MT
-------
Wife:
Current: 2014 X5 3.5i (Imperial Blue/Tan)
Past: 2012 X5 3.5i (White/Tan)
Past: 2008 X5 3.0i (White/Tan)

Last edited by jhav; 05-24-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:11 PM

Mein Auto: E70 X5, F10 528ix
I think the "n.t.a." means "no translation available". Change the US destination input format off and it will have the proper labels when set to Language_English_UK.

HU_NBT / NAVI_DESTINATION_INPUT_US --> nicht_activ
Old 06-27-2015, 03:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 640ix GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostness View Post
Change the US destination input format off and it will have the proper labels when set to Language_English_UK.

HU_NBT / NAVI_DESTINATION_INPUT_US --> nicht_activ
Thank you, that worked perfectly!