Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i-M Space Grey
Getting X drive status display working

I have April 2013 F25 (vehicle i-step f025-13-03-502) with all of the options. X5 (and maybe X6) have a nice "X Drive Status" display where the user can display vehicle pitch/roll angles and Torque Distribution.

Here's a neat youtube demo of it:

Coding it enabled on my NBT, I can get the displays. However, on pitch/roll I can only see roll angles, the pitch angle and grade % is just "--". I attempted flipping the switch of using an internal gyro in the NBT but it didn't change anything, and I understand that it possibly relies on the ICM module for those values. Has anyone got this fully functional?

I enabled the tongue distribution screen, but I dont know if it is working or not as it apparently only shows activity when it is actively working to switch torque, and just driving on a paved road wont make it light up. If anyone confirms that just turning it on via NBT coding does the trick that would be helpful too.
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2013, 08:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 528xi
What code did you use to enable this? Can this be coded with 50.4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post
I have April 2013 F25 (vehicle i-step f025-13-03-502) with all of the options. X5 (and maybe X6) have a nice "X Drive Status" display where the user can display vehicle pitch/roll angles and Torque Distribution.

Here's a neat youtube demo of it:

Coding it enabled on my NBT, I can get the displays. However, on pitch/roll I can only see roll angles, the pitch angle and grade % is just "--". I attempted flipping the switch of using an internal gyro in the NBT but it didn't change anything, and I understand that it possibly relies on the ICM module for those values. Has anyone got this fully functional?

I enabled the tongue distribution screen, but I dont know if it is working or not as it apparently only shows activity when it is actively working to switch torque, and just driving on a paved road wont make it light up. If anyone confirms that just turning it on via NBT coding does the trick that would be helpful too.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDMERC View Post
What code did you use to enable this? Can this be coded with 50.4?
HU_NBT/3000/X_VIEW = AKTIV
HU_NBT/3000/MOMENTDISTRIBUTION_MENU = AKTIV

However as mentioned, I am unsure if torgue distribution (momentdistribution) is working, and the pitch angle in the x drive status (x_view) is not. There may be codes in the transfer case and/or icm that need enabled that I dont know about.

I believe these settings have been present since at least 49.x so 50.4 is good. Is your vehicle i-step up to the 50.4? Would be a good indicator if I need to have my whole vehicle updated if your pitch angle works and mine doesn't where only my NBT is >50.x.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:22 PM

Mein Auto: 328 x-drive
i wonder if this will work on the F30
Old 12-19-2013, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzaddict View Post
Only one way to find out! Turn it on and see what happens! Just report back if you have the PITCH angle, as that is the piece I'm missing
Old 12-20-2013, 11:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post
HU_NBT/3000/X_VIEW = AKTIV
HU_NBT/3000/MOMENTDISTRIBUTION_MENU = AKTIV

However as mentioned, I am unsure if torgue distribution (momentdistribution) is working, and the pitch angle in the x drive status (x_view) is not. There may be codes in the transfer case and/or icm that need enabled that I dont know about.

I believe these settings have been present since at least 49.x so 50.4 is good. Is your vehicle i-step up to the 50.4? Would be a good indicator if I need to have my whole vehicle updated if your pitch angle works and mine doesn't where only my NBT is >50.x.

I'm going to flash with 51.2 then I'll report back.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Bimmefest Plasti-Dip Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to Teemo Panda
Mein Auto: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3
Getting X drive status display working

Hey take a pic of the TQ distribution thanks!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 01-25-2014, 12:08 PM

Mein Auto:
I have a October production F15, it came only with the Pitch/Roll screen I added the Xdrive one and it does not seem to be working, also looks different from the picture, I do not get them side by side but an icon for each.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:34 PM

Mein Auto: X3 xDrive28i 2014
Omg, there are so many gems hidden in NBT! I will mark this and test out later.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Premium + Nav Pack | Bluetooth Audio Streaming | Video in Motion | Auto Mirror Fold/Unfold | Auto Door Unlock | Flashing Emergency Brake Light | Close Trunk w/ Button & Key Fob | Digital Speedometer | 30L/100km Fuel Meter | Gear Indicator in DS mode | M Starting Screen
Old 01-26-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdeal212 View Post
I have a October production F15, it came only with the Pitch/Roll screen I added the Xdrive one and it does not seem to be working, also looks different from the picture, I do not get them side by side but an icon for each.
You can get them side by side. Enable split screen if you haven't already, then select x drive status on the right and torque on the left.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:16 AM

Mein Auto: M135i
Codet the 2 things.. Now there is a menue Momentverteilung but its grey and can not be selectet... I have a f31 with xdrive any idea how to get it working?
Old 01-28-2014, 03:34 PM

Mein Auto: F30 320xd
compass and gyro in nbt.....for me on 320xd in fact working only compass
Old 01-28-2014, 06:30 PM

Mein Auto: 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by carzaddict View Post
Coded the two parameters listed above and got an xDrive option on my Vehicle Status menu but selecting it just brings a picture of the X5(?) and no data, no action at all.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:37 PM

Mein Auto: F30 320xd
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigley View Post
Coded the two parameters listed above and got an xDrive option on my Vehicle Status menu but selecting it just brings a picture of the X5(?) and no data, no action at all.
you need code more COMPASS and Gyroscope, all are in NBT...try it....gyroscope may not work,may be need some more parameters at other blocks.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:11 AM

So on my f31. Coded the x-view, the momentdistribution, compas, and the gyro... But still no x-view menue only the momentdistribution menue that is grey and can not be selectet.... Any idea why the x-view is not shown in nbt?
Greetings
Noel
Old 01-31-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwessen View Post
So on my f31. Coded the x-view, the momentdistribution, compas, and the gyro... But still no x-view menue only the momentdistribution menue that is grey and can not be selectet.... Any idea why the x-view is not shown in nbt?
Greetings
Noel
It might only work when the body type is an X class (not necessarily an x-drive).
Old 02-01-2014, 02:35 AM

Any idea how to solve that or bypass it?
Old 02-02-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvorobyov View Post
you need code more COMPASS and Gyroscope, all are in NBT...try it....gyroscope may not work,may be need some more parameters at other blocks.
OK, coded COMPASS and GYRO as well. GYRO had no apparent effect, compass displayed but was inaccurate. My mirror compass is accurate but the xDrive compass never matched it --- maybe some sort of calibration needed?

Thinking this probably doesn't work on the F30, and even if it did not sure what I would use it for....
Old 02-03-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigley View Post
OK, coded COMPASS and GYRO as well. GYRO had no apparent effect, compass displayed but was inaccurate. My mirror compass is accurate but the xDrive compass never matched it --- maybe some sort of calibration needed?

Thinking this probably doesn't work on the F30, and even if it did not sure what I would use it for....
Weird side-effect of this that I noticed this morning. Was using Nav Guidance, and it was very confused. The little circle with the arrow that represents the car always had the arrow pointing in the wrong direction. so I would appear to be going down the road sideways or backwards. This really screwed up the navigation directions as apparently it factors direction of travel in along with actual GPS location.

Eventually I figured out the that Nav arrow was pointing in whatever direction the xDrive compass was indicating. So I could be traveling east, xDrive compass thinks I'm going west, arrow on Nav screen is pointing west, and car appears to be going down the road backward.

So apparently if you turn on COMPASS, Nav starts to use it, but it needs to be calibrated, and I don't know how to do that. Again, compass in mirror is correct.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:26 AM

Mein Auto: bmw x3 F25
i think, this work only in X5 F15 because this have the QMVH ECU

Click image for larger version

Name:	QMVH_G25_2000008027916.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	420610
Old 02-06-2014, 06:49 AM

Mein Auto: X3 F25
QMVH is an option for F15 (active rear differential, which allows torque vectoring), so hope there's a chance for f25 to work. it also might be a software feature, released with F25 LCI
Old 02-08-2014, 09:46 AM

Mein Auto:
I have the f15, wheni took delivery it only had the Gyro display, I coded the torque distribution but it does not seem to be working, I see the screen but it does show the arrows on the wheels. Am I missing something here ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by recklezz View Post
QMVH is an option for F15 (active rear differential, which allows torque vectoring), so hope there's a chance for f25 to work. it also might be a software feature, released with F25 LCI
Old 02-11-2014, 05:10 AM

Mein Auto:
Any luck with this? Has anyone been able to get the torque distribution screen to work ?
Old 02-19-2014, 03:59 PM

Mein Auto:
This thread seem to have gone quiet anyone made progress on this? any ideas on wich ECU we should be looking at on the F15?
Old 02-20-2014, 05:54 AM

I dont think there really is much that can be done until we can find someone who has it working and we can compare their software version and configuration with ours to see what is different.