Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:49 PM

Mein Auto: F31 xDrive Msport
xDrive Judder

I used to have an old Subaru Legacy which was wonderful in Scottish ice, snow, greasy rain drenched roads and rough tracks. I've just sold my 120k E46 which has spent many a week stuck in the drive because of ice/snow that my wife's Volvo has had no problem with. So, I've just bought a new F31 xDrive hoping for similar dodgy road performance with the added BMW experience.

I've not had a chance to test in slippery conditions yet but do find that the xDrive seems to judder whenever a wheel goes over a step, stone or pothole. It feels like the electronic control is over-reacting to momentary loss of traction on a wheel. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there anyway of contacting BMW to encourage them to tweak the control laws in the software?

I bought the adaptive suspension too - my wife (who hated being a passenger in the E46) likes Comfort mode - and Sport gives a really worthwhile improvement in overall handling.

PK
Ads by Google
Old 05-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 328 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by F31xdrive View Post
I used to have an old Subaru Legacy which was wonderful in Scottish ice, snow, greasy rain drenched roads and rough tracks. I've just sold my 120k E46 which has spent many a week stuck in the drive because of ice/snow that my wife's Volvo has had no problem with. So, I've just bought a new F31 xDrive hoping for similar dodgy road performance with the added BMW experience.

I've not had a chance to test in slippery conditions yet but do find that the xDrive seems to judder whenever a wheel goes over a step, stone or pothole. It feels like the electronic control is over-reacting to momentary loss of traction on a wheel. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there anyway of contacting BMW to encourage them to tweak the control laws in the software?

I bought the adaptive suspension too - my wife (who hated being a passenger in the E46) likes Comfort mode - and Sport gives a really worthwhile improvement in overall handling.

PK
The system is way out of control. It kicks in on every bump and pothole. I dont have DHP, maybe it has to do with xdrive.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Pedant and Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 335d
Quote:
I've not had a chance to test in slippery conditions yet but do find that the xDrive seems to judder whenever a wheel goes over a step, stone or pothole. It feels like the electronic control is over-reacting to momentary loss of traction on a wheel. ...
I suspect that what you're feeling is the stiff RunFlat Tires rather than anything to do with the TCS. Has the yellow triangle been flashing on the instrument panel? If not, TCS/DSC isn't reacting.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:

PK
I had to drive into Philly today. Good thing for DHP. I95 in SE PA is a horrible road for sport suspension. Just horrible. I really like the tighter sport suspension, but it's really nice to have the option of switching to comfort.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
I suspect that what you're feeling is the stiff RunFlat Tires rather than anything to do with the TCS. Has the yellow triangle been flashing on the instrument panel? If not, TCS/DSC isn't reacting.
i think he is talking about loss of traction. In my case yellow indicator goes off all the time. If i go over a bump or pothole at speed above 20 mph, it kicks in. It's way to sensitive