Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions

Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions
Please post your comments, ideas, or suggestions here.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:05 AM

Mein Auto: 320i
How come nobody responded?

Hello again.

What am I doing wrong, or was my question that stupid.

58 people viewed my post asking about buying Tire and Wheel Insurances, but none saw fit to give me the benefit of their wisdom and experience.

Again, what am I doing wrong?

Lenore
Ads by Google
Old 08-11-2013, 03:43 AM

Mein Auto: Nothing
You realize you posted your other thread in the middle of the night on a Sunday? And it's still the middle of the same night. What do you expect...
Old 08-11-2013, 04:15 AM
Woodswatchco

Mein Auto: 2013 328i 6sp manual
Althought tire and wheel insurance might be a nice luxury, I felt like it was insanely expensive. I think my dealer wanted close to $2000. It was so much that it offended me. So I didn't even try to negotiate. Wheels get scratched and they can be fixed for about $75 a wheel most of the time. An entire set of Continental Extreme Contact DW tires are $668 and everyone agrees that the non run flat tires are a huge upgrade over the $1100 set that come on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenoreofSarasot View Post
Hello again.

58 people viewed my post asking about buying Tire and Wheel Insurances, but none saw fit to give me the benefit of their wisdom and experience.

Lenore
Old 08-11-2013, 04:19 AM
Woodswatchco

Mein Auto: 2013 328i 6sp manual
Also Lenore, I've noticed that if you don't post something on here that is truly a new topic about the F30 (which is almost impossible) or something negative and controversial, you will get few responses. Kind of unfortunate. Greetings from Tampa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenoreofSarasot View Post
Hello again.

Lenore
Old 08-11-2013, 05:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Other than the timing, as said above, this has been covered many times before. If you search the forum, you will find answers to your question.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i M Sport
Check the thread ... there already is an ongoing discussion regarding this
Old 08-11-2013, 07:38 AM

Mein Auto: '07 530i '13 F30
I purchased a package through my BMW dealer, when I bought a dealer program (loaner car); the car was 6 months old and had 7,909 miles. They called the package a CPO wrap, (in addition to the regular CPO coverage). Among many other items, it covered tire and wheel damage, with no deductible for tires/wheels only; otherwise $100 deductible. The "CPO wrap" on mine is 100K or 6 years from original in-service date. I paid $1,294 for it. To me, the cost was worth it, for the tire/wheel coverage alone- there are many roads in my area that are in very poor condition, with big potholes. In the last 11 years, my wife's C320, with 90,000 miles required close to $2,000 for damaged wheels and tires. I'll be driving this 328i about 20K a year and will keep it for the entire warranty period. The name of the "CPO wrap" on the sales brochure for it is Easy Care, coverage level "Total Care"- it covers add-on miles after the original factory warranty. I asked the sales rep if I replace the RFT tires with non-RFT would they be covered, he answered yes, as long as the replacement tires have a star symbol on them (BMW-approved tires).

Last edited by CEJ; 08-11-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 328i
I am also interested in this topic.

Does the insurance have to purchased at the time of buying the car or can it be purchased from a different dealer?

2014 328i / Liquid Blue / Beige Leatherette / 4 DR / 6 MT / Moonroof / Rear Camera + PDC / Xenons / DHP / 12K+ Miles / Bought 10-16-2013
2003 325i / Gray Green / Beige Leatherette / 4 DR / 5 MT / Moonroof / 219K+ Miles / Bought 12-21-2002 / Sold 10-21-2013
1998 Civic EX / Vogue Silver / Gray / 4 DR / 5 MT / 122K+ Miles / Bought 12-30-1997 / Totaled 08-2002
1988 Sentra / Gray / Gray / 2 DR / 4 MT / 190K+ Miles / Bought 06-1994 @ 120K+ Miles / Died 12-1997
Old 08-11-2013, 12:55 PM
puppet master

Mein Auto: E92 335i M Sport
I have the M-sport "M double-spoke" wheels on my 3. My local Discount Tires is willing to order me a brand new wheel at his cost if I break one, as I am a long time customer. I'm willing to just pay out of pocket, and save a couple of thousand dollars if I don't break anything. I had the wheel and tire insurance on my previous Bimmer, and had 1 tire replaced under warranty. Do the math, then decide!
Old 08-11-2013, 07:41 PM

Mein Auto: '07 530i '13 F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clueless View Post
I am also interested in this topic.

Does the insurance have to purchased at the time of buying the car or can it be purchased from a different dealer?
If you're asking about the plan I described above, I was told it can be purchased within the original factory warranty period. My dealer's rep that sold it to me said that it would cost more if I bought it after my initial car purchase date- he didn't say how much more and I didn't ask because he said that my tire/wheel coverage would go into effect immediately and that is what I wanted. Also I read, in the plan's policy/terms that the plan's selling dealer will do all of the pre-authorization and claims submission, automatically, if the repair/tire purchase is done at that same dealership, without me having to ask for authorization or following up- seamless from my perspective. If one had to have a repair/claim made at a repair facility other than the dealership that sold you the plan, then the car owner must get a repair quote and get preauthorization before having the repair done. I can't answer your question about whether or not the same plan can be purchased from a different dealership than the one that sold you your car.

Last edited by CEJ; 08-11-2013 at 07:43 PM.