Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 09-20-2012, 09:06 PM

Mein Auto: X3 Alpine White 2011 2.8
Worried about keeping Nevada oyster clean

Hey everybody,

My wife is about to receive her X3 with Nevada Oyster interior. Up until now we never thought of this but keeping white clean can be scary. Once her wet jeans rubbed against her white leather purse and dyed it blue. We're freaked out about having such a problem. Any suggestions? Anyone with oyster interior have any tips?

Many thanks!!!
Ads by Google
Old 09-21-2012, 12:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F25 3.0D MSport
If you're going to be in wet jeans a lot then it could be a problem. It's not the fault of the leather, it's the fault of the jeans. Maybe keep some covers in the cars for when you get wet.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X3 35i M-Sport
I have the oyster leather and it looks impressive. You'll need to wipe the seats down every few weeks if your wife wears jeans often (I do - I just use Armor All Cleaning Wipes but many other products will work). The blue dye comes off easily. I got my X3 in December and the seats look like new.

The oyster contrasts well with the Fineline Wave trim and the contrast stitching is a nice touch. I think it's a great choice unless you're against wiping down the seats periodically.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:13 AM

Mein Auto: X3 Alpine White 2011 2.8
Thanks guys.

I wondered if I need to get it treated or apply a sealant or something to avoid stains from age, and maybe spills.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X3 35i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarac View Post
Thanks guys.

I wondered if I need to get it treated or apply a sealant or something to avoid stains from age, and maybe spills.
I don't think it's necessary.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i
I had my X3 for almost a year and I were jeans a lot when I am driving and I haven't found the Oyster to be difficult to keep clean at all. I just wipe them down ever 6 to 8 weeks which is the same thing I do on my other car with black leather.