Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Old 09-20-2012, 10:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Gott in Himmel, it really IS a German Car!

I was upgrading my stock 2010 335d stereo (a really terrible system...pathetic) with a kit from Musicar NorthWest (http://www.musicarnw.com/). <click the thumnail now>
I made the discovery in the photo after removing the passenger side woofer enclosure. Now there's no way for anything to find its way into that enclosure from the outside, as far as I can tell. I don't drink and I've never had anyone in the car that does, either. You do the math. Funny thing, about a third of the clips on the inside of the door trim on that side were smashed and broken. There's no way that can happen taking the door trim OFF! I figured whoever dropped the bottle cap was the same guy who installed the trim. I've had little to no trouble with my car and I'm grateful that the worker doing the trim wasn't doing the cylinder heads!
By the way, if you can manange a fairly significant amount of work and face the fear of ripping into your 2010/early 2011 335 with the base audio system, I would highly recommend visiting http://www.musicarnw.com/ . I cannot believe how good their system sounds in my car. I bought the level1 upgrade and it is so well thought out and executed that I only wish I'd found out about Musicar NorthWest sooner. Installation is a lot of work, but no real surprises. The difference in sound quality over stock is astounding. I fell in love with the I-Drive audio interface and music management but was always terribly disappointed at what really mattered--the sound. Now I have the best of everything. And a souvenir beer-lid right out of Munchen!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP3737 (Custom).JPG
Views:	127
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	342761  
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2012, 03:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335d
I got the Harmon-Kardon stereo and it sounds great, congratulations on the beer cap LOL you should of sent the pics to BMW headquaters so they know their workers are having fun!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:38 AM

Mein Auto: '11 335d, '00 540iT
Could it been stuck to the magnet in the woofer and actually introduced earlier in the assembly process?
Old 09-21-2012, 11:57 AM
hang up and drive!

Mein Auto: 335d
If any of you know just a little about Bavaria (which includes Munchen), beer is allowed during breaks. It is the law. It is considered liquid bread. It freaked me out when I would visit the MAN Diesel Engine Factory and cases of beer were being wheeled into the production areas for the workers break.

So I'm not surprised to see the beer cap. Now what is surprising is your car was manufactured in South Carolina. Figure that one out!

2010 Black 335D Sport/Premium, Michelin PSS 235/265
2000 Silver Z3 3.0i (Ret)
1999 Silver R1200C (Ret)
1968 Black 1600 Coupe (Ret)
Old 09-22-2012, 07:03 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
The 335d in South Carolina? I don't think so -- at least yet. Reminds me of an old Pegueot wagon I had many years ago with a persistant "rattle" from the rear door panel. Finally removed it to replace something else and found a -- yes -- small wine bottle. Vive la France.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:38 AM

Mein Auto: 335d, FIAT 500 Abarth
They were 'christening' the car, like launching a ship.

Last edited by JŠnos; 09-22-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:53 AM

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingman View Post
If any of you know just a little about Bavaria (which includes Munchen), beer is allowed during breaks. It is the law. It is considered liquid bread. It freaked me out when I would visit the MAN Diesel Engine Factory and cases of beer were being wheeled into the production areas for the workers break.

So I'm not surprised to see the beer cap. Now what is surprising is your car was manufactured in South Carolina. Figure that one out!
All 335ds were assembled in the Munich plant, no?