Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Nothing
I can't activate the auto ventilation feature on my 435i

The box where you check is greyed out, even though I have both timers set. Does anyone know why it won't let me activate it? I tried with the car off as well.
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2015, 11:43 AM

Mein Auto: 435 GC
I think that feature is deactivated for US cars. Lots of neutered features for US cars unfortunately. Anti-dazzle high beams being one of them.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:07 PM

Mein Auto: F30 335i M Sport
You have to turn the engine off to activate it.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i, 2002 330i
Works on my 335i with engine off but accessory power on.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:10 PM

Strange, I've tried with the engine off as well. I have a 2015 F32 if that matters.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 328i M Sport
I always activate it using the remote app.

2014 328i Sedan, Estoril Blue, M-Sport package, M-Sport Brakes, Premium Package, Lighting Package, Drivers Assistance Package, Nav
Old 04-04-2015, 11:38 PM

Okay I did some further testing. I finally got that option to work but it was very strange. I took my car out for a very short drive, came home, parked it, press the START/STOP button, and went into the climate settings and I was able to check and activate the ventilation button. But I notice this only works when you're sitting in the car, engine off, and your instrument cluster and headlights are off.

Question is how do I get my car into this mode? When I get into my car with engine and electrical system completely off. I press the START/STOP button once to turn my car on, and the headlights come on, iDrive, instrument cluster lights up. I goto climate settings and the 'activate ventilation' option button is greyed out and I can't turn it on.

It only works when the instrument cluster lights and headlights are off that I'm able to activate this option. Am I doing something wrong?

Are there different modes when I press the START/STOP button numerous times? It's very odd. Pressing it once turns my car's electrical system on, and pressing it again turns it off. Those are the 2 only modes I'm aware of. But how do you get it so that your iDrive is on, and everything else off. Because in that mode I'm able to activate the ventilation system.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW 435i
Is this not like residual heat, where the car has to have been driving for a while to enable it after shutting off the engine? No idea, just speculating, haven't had a car with this option yet.

2015 435i Coupe | M Sport | Estoril Blue | ED - April 16, 2015
2006 325i Sedan | Jet Black (Sold)
Old 04-05-2015, 05:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by glideslope View Post
Okay I did some further testing. I finally got that option to work but it was very strange. I took my car out for a very short drive, came home, parked it, press the START/STOP button, and went into the climate settings and I was able to check and activate the ventilation button. But I notice this only works when you're sitting in the car, engine off, and your instrument cluster and headlights are off.

Question is how do I get my car into this mode? When I get into my car with engine and electrical system completely off. I press the START/STOP button once to turn my car on, and the headlights come on, iDrive, instrument cluster lights up. I goto climate settings and the 'activate ventilation' option button is greyed out and I can't turn it on.

It only works when the instrument cluster lights and headlights are off that I'm able to activate this option. Am I doing something wrong?

Are there different modes when I press the START/STOP button numerous times? It's very odd. Pressing it once turns my car's electrical system on, and pressing it again turns it off. Those are the 2 only modes I'm aware of. But how do you get it so that your iDrive is on, and everything else off. Because in that mode I'm able to activate the ventilation system.
You've already answered your own question. Push the SS once and you are in accessory mode. That's when you can do as you need.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:43 AM
Reregistered User

Mein Auto: 09 E93 335i somewhat mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
I think that feature is deactivated for US cars. Lots of neutered features for US cars unfortunately. Anti-dazzle high beams being one of them.

Sooooo.....how does one anti-dazzle one's lamps?

Edit:

Only available with the LED headlights, it's a sophisticated auto-dimmer. Here's something - may or may not be BMW's system.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY DUE; 04-05-2015 at 05:50 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:43 AM

But is accessory mode suppose to have the headlights and instrument light cluster on? How do you get it to where the car is off, and the only thing is running is the iDrive. In this mode you can only listen to the radio. That's what I'm talking about.