Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35I
2011 X5 Front Cupholder

UGHHH! I hate to even post this. My front cupholder tabs that hold cups securely broke. The tabs no long hold anything. I brought it to my LBMW dealer. In a nutshell, they said it will cost $800 to order new front cupholders plus labor. They have to pull apart the front center console in order to get into it. Mechanic said its not worth it. Has anyone had this problem and come up with any fix? I noticed the X3's have these nice plastic inserts that appear to work. Would they fit? Does anyone have any suggestions so I dont have my coffee in the am spill over when I take a hard turn? So annoying....
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW x5 x35i SA
2011 model - are you still under warranty? This should be covered if so.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
DIY if ur able to. I believe if you search the forum and maybe either xoutpost and comments ull be able to find the instructions.

Idk bout the x3 insert. If you can find the part from say a friends vehicle or say a friend at the service bay at the dealer go ahead.

You could possibly Go to a different dealer and try to see if they can be nice and do it as a warranty repair.

Finally you could buy a cup holder from say autozone or similar

Many options hope one works!

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35I
out of warrantee. 70k on car now