Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Mmmmmm…

Mein Auto: '13 Range Rover S/C
Engine light after changing transmission fluid

Errr… so when had my oil changed, I decided to change the fluid in my transmission.

I drained the filter/oil pan, and then put on a new filter/oil pan and pumped new fluid into the tank. Did some shifting, and then topped off the oil pan again. I understand this is how it was suppose to be done. I used a new filter/oil pan and original BMW/ZF fluid.

I don't have any shifting issues and things seems a lot smoother now, except the check engine light came up a few moments ago when I accelerated to pass another vehicle. I didn't have any issues just the yellow engine light came up, now I'm worried I messed something up?

I pulled codes and got a P15FC which says powertrain fault. I can't seem to get any details on this fault code.

Any thoughts?
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
How long between the ATF change and the fault? within minutes, engine run time?

I'd reset the code, see what happens. Could have been some air in a line, solenoid, etc.??... I'm thinking once it is all primed and full, you should be good.

Still, troubling...never had that occur.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Mmmmmm…

Mein Auto: '13 Range Rover S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
How long between the ATF change and the fault? within minutes, engine run time?

I'd reset the code, see what happens. Could have been some air in a line, solenoid, etc.??... I'm thinking once it is all primed and full, you should be good.

Still, troubling...never had that occur.
I'd say I've driven about 400 miles so far after the fluid and filter change.

Speaking of reseting the code, I just went to do that and it seems the engine light has disappeared along with the code in the ECU. I'm not sure what's going on here. I hope it's nothing serious.