Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:25 AM
Nothing quite like a 6

Mein Auto: 09' 650i Cabrio
What can I do? I tried to make an appointment with the General Manager but they don't let me. Say he's too busy. Then direct me to the damn Service Director who say "It's your decision to choose, we just suggest the best thing for your car. We don't want your car to break down on a road side, blah blah blah... your Service advisor didn't tell you you must .. blah blah."

Yeah, I wish I recorded what the Advisor say.

Well, I'm really pissed but powerless. I'm willing to pay extra to make sure my car is well-maintained. But, I'm not happy when my money spent stupidly.

Here are list of things I've done at that dealer:
-Automatic Transmission fluid replaced - $399
-Power steering fluid replaced - $279
-Painted caliber blue - anti rusty stock caliber - $400
-A/C Evaporator Service - $279
-Thermal M3 Film install at dealer - $895
-Radiator fluid replaced - $279
-Differential fluid - $375
-4 Wheel Alignment (last week) - $299
-All cooling system hoses replaced - $2,200
-Water pump replaced (free by extended warranty)
All the price not included LA tax. All suggested by the amazing South Bay BMW dealer.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by reytran View Post
What can I do? I tried to make an appointment with the General Manager but they don't let me. Say he's too busy. Then direct me to the damn Service Director who say "It's your decision to choose, we just suggest the best thing for your car. We don't want your car to break down on a road side, blah blah blah... your Service advisor didn't tell you you must .. blah blah."

Yeah, I wish I recorded what the Advisor say.

Well, I'm really pissed but powerless. I'm willing to pay extra to make sure my car is well-maintained. But, I'm not happy when my money spent stupidly.

Here are list of things I've done at that dealer:
-Automatic Transmission fluid replaced - $399
-Power steering fluid replaced - $279
-Painted caliber blue - anti rusty stock caliber - $400
-A/C Evaporator Service - $279
-Thermal M3 Film install at dealer - $895
-Radiator fluid replaced - $279
-Differential fluid - $375
-4 Wheel Alignment (last week) - $299
-All cooling system hoses replaced - $2,200
-Water pump replaced (free by extended warranty)
All the price not included LA tax. All suggested by the amazing South Bay BMW dealer.
I would consider parking in front of the dealer with a big sign until I got some attention and a resolution. You are only powerless if you choose to be a victim.

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Old 10-04-2012, 10:19 AM

Mein Auto: 650i Convertible
I would also write up a letter of your experience and send it to BMW of North America. Also call and e-mail them. Don't be a victim without putting up a fight. Didn't you get a survey response from BMW of NA when you take your car in for service? Everytime I take mine in I always get the questioner back and it also indicates if you want a BMW of NA to contact you. Every dealership in the network must do this. If you do not get anything like that then that is a stong indication that you have a dealship that is doing things "OFF The RECORD".
One of the first thing you should do is to also register your car with BMW of NA. Go to their website and follow the process. I did this and get e-mails anytime something is done on my car at the dealership.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Michael

Mein Auto: Black Sapphire BMW Z4 3L
You would save a fortune by getting a lawyer to write a letter to the dealer, even their fee will be significantly cheaper than what the dealer has done to you!!!!! I am certain that from the comments you have made, and the advise being given by the guys in the States, their knowledge is very good, so you should contact BMW NA

Does my bum look good in this !
Old 10-04-2012, 01:23 PM

Mein Auto: 650i Convertible
Did they give you any more detailed breakdown? Like the individual price for each hose and the cost to replace it?
Old 10-04-2012, 06:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Hmmm, perhaps I am in the minority, but at this point a lawyer is a bit much? He got oversold, it happens everyday in life. You can't sue for someone getting more money than they should when you buy a car, or when they sell you undercarriage protection that is fairly useless, or extras you don't really need? He did give them permission to do the work after all, that would pretty much kill the lawsuit.

Complaining to BMW NA seems to be the best in my opinion, the fact that he was oversold and totally misled should be something that they would want to address. Especially if he says he is so mad that he is thinking about ditching the brand entirely...
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post
Hmmm, perhaps I am in the minority, but at this point a lawyer is a bit much? He got oversold, it happens everyday in life. You can't sue for someone getting more money than they should when you buy a car, or when they sell you undercarriage protection that is fairly useless, or extras you don't really need? He did give them permission to do the work after all, that would pretty much kill the lawsuit.

Complaining to BMW NA seems to be the best in my opinion, the fact that he was oversold and totally misled should be something that they would want to address. Especially if he says he is so mad that he is thinking about ditching the brand entirely...
I agree that a lawyer will not be the best route. He does not seem to get any attention at this dealer but a couple of hours on a Saturday and Sunday with a big sign in the car in front of the dealer will get some immediate attention. Nothing speaks louder than a complaint to potential customers.

I just did a fast search for complaints on this dealer. Tons of issues. They got 2.5 out do 5 stars on yelp and that is with 127 reviews. Look at this list!
http://www.yelp.com/biz/south-bay-bmw-torrance/
These guys are crooks!

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White

Last edited by roseng; 10-04-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:35 PM

Mein Auto: 650i 330cic X5d MINI
All hoses is crazy and not sure what the AC evap service really was unless the OP complained about some sort of smell with AC on, but the fluid changes are legit at 50k miles.

The advice about finding a good independent for maintenance is worth its weight in gold, especially in CA.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650I
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post

+1 After re-reading the original post by the OP i have to agree here. I do think taking legal action is excessive, especially since, by all accounts, you authorized the work. You may have been misled in what work was necessary, but you still authorized them to go ahead with it none the less. I would definitely launch a complaint with BMWNA about the things you were told by your SA leading to your decision to spend close the 3K on work which was mostly unnessessary. Additionally, I would report the dealer to the BBB.

Last edited by bedstuyguy86; 10-05-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Michael

Mein Auto: Black Sapphire BMW Z4 3L
Quote:
Originally Posted by 645/333 View Post
You would save a fortune by getting a lawyer to write a letter to the dealer, even their fee will be significantly cheaper than what the dealer has done to you!!!!! I am certain that from the comments you have made, and the advise being given by the guys in the States, their knowledge is very good, so you should contact BMW NA
In the UK we have Solicitors who undertake legal activity which will not necessarily lead to the courts. We use them to basically to ensure that the complaint is to be taken seriously, plus they can give advice as to the options available. They are not expensive in the early days of a complaint, hence my comments, seems that it is not the same in the States!!!!

Does my bum look good in this !
Old 10-05-2012, 01:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 645/333 View Post
In the UK we have Solicitors who undertake legal activity which will not necessarily lead to the courts. We use them to basically to ensure that the complaint is to be taken seriously, plus they can give advice as to the options available. They are not expensive in the early days of a complaint, hence my comments, seems that it is not the same in the States!!!!
This is a good point, it is very similar here in the states. Getting a letter from a lawyer will typically get more traction, but the dealer in this case may not pay attention since they know for a fact that they were authorized. The dealer has lawyers on retainer, I am sure it is no worries to them!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to mickey513
Mein Auto: e46
To the OP, sorry but you should bring the lube out because you just got hosed badly.

$2200 to replace some hose? I hope the hose they put on your car are made of 24k gold.

Christmas came early for someone and it's not you. the OP.