Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 09-21-2012, 04:50 PM

Mein Auto: BMW E92 Coupe
Question Career at BMW Corporate, advise pls!

Hey everyone. I hope this is ok to post this question is, if not I apologize in advance!

I have been working as sales/marketing analyst for 7 years now since I graduated from college. I love BMW cars and the company itself. I would love to work for bmw corporate, as there is a western region BMW office in Southern california near where I live. I heard this western region office only deals mainly with parts and distribution.

Im now 32 years old, and i really want to start working for something i really love as my career. Is there any BMW employee or someone knowledgeable that can give me some advise?

What and where should i start? The company might be looking for someone who has experience in automotive industry, but if we don't have the chance to gain "automotive experience" at the first place, then how do we get to be "experienced"?

Thanks for any info and input in advance!! I appreciate...
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2012, 05:52 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold911 View Post
Hey everyone. I hope this is ok to post this question is, if not I apologize in advance!

I have been working as sales/marketing analyst for 7 years now since I graduated from college. I love BMW cars and the company itself. I would love to work for bmw corporate, as there is a western region BMW office in Southern california near where I live. I heard this western region office only deals mainly with parts and distribution.

Im now 32 years old, and i really want to start working for something i really love as my career. Is there any BMW employee or someone knowledgeable that can give me some advise?

What and where should i start? The company might be looking for someone who has experience in automotive industry, but if we don't have the chance to gain "automotive experience" at the first place, then how do we get to be "experienced"?

Thanks for any info and input in advance!! I appreciate...
Roles in the regional offices are limited... BMW NA territory reps, BMW FS territory reps, BMW NA service/parts territory reps or technical engineers. The corporate roles for BMW NA are all in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. For BMW FS, some in Dublin, OH and others in Woodcliff Lake.

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
Old 09-21-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
Roles in the regional offices are limited... BMW NA territory reps, BMW FS territory reps, BMW NA service/parts territory reps or technical engineers. The corporate roles for BMW NA are all in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. For BMW FS, some in Dublin, OH and others in Woodcliff Lake.

Thanks for your reply. I understand that the positions in regional office are limited, but that regional office location is so convenient for me to commute everyday. To work for the company i love the most and ideal location. I have been looking for job opening at that specific location but so far i dont see any reps positions open up.

I dont know where to start to get myself in though. Should i start with working at dealership as sales or service advisor? I am familiar with BMW cars.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:28 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
Have you checked to see if there are any opportunities?

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Careers/
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew*Debbie View Post
Have you checked to see if there are any opportunities?

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Careers/

Yes, i look at this career section all the time. I actually walked in to the regional office near my house yesterday. Luckily there was a employee walked by and i managed to talk to him. He was telling me that BMW headquarter is in East Coast thats why there is less job opening coming out from regional office. He told me that BMW prefers to hire someone who already has car industry background.

The thing is... if we dont get the chance to work in car industry, how do we gain experience? I was wondering if working at dealership will be the only way to gain experience now??
Old 09-24-2012, 06:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 07 X3 and 335i
Your to late in the game. Also, BMW does more hiring from within. It is preferable that you do an internship with them first and even that is super competitive.
07 335 coupe - sold
Old 09-24-2012, 10:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 x5 4.4, 2010 M3 conv
I have a very talented and highly anxious CS/EE UCLA graduate who would like to work for BMW norther America technical office in SFO Bay Area, that is in Mountain View. Any lead or advise to the matter ?
Thanks
Old 09-25-2012, 07:33 AM

Mein Auto: 07 X3 and 335i
See above for BMW careers link, not going to find a job on this site.
07 335 coupe - sold
Old 09-25-2012, 09:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 x5 4.4, 2010 M3 conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
See above for BMW careers link, not going to find a job on this site.
Many thanks Dave and the rest