Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 09-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z4 35i
Silver Mirrors?

Was just checking on my MY13 being built and figured I would check to see if they had updated their site... started to build my car and NO, they haven't... BUT... I did notice that the mirrors of the car they have on the site now has silver mirrors... There is no mention on the site during the "build" process that this is an option. Check it out...

Ads by Google
Old 09-25-2012, 03:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 Z4 35i--2002 330ci
Maybe I am not understanding the question but I thought all 35is had silver mirrors.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 Z4 3.0si
Worse yet, they feel like a cheap plastic. For me, I had looked at tons of is pictures and seen 2 in person before I even realized that they were different and now my eyes go straight to the damn things. I'd love to know why they thought would be a good idea. If it felt like more metal-like, I probably wouldn't have such a problem with the contrast between it and the body color.

That said, the dealer that I was talking to said that it would be a very easy part for them to swap out.

The yellow 35is has body colored mirrors and I thought that there was one other, but maybe not.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:47 AM

Mein Auto: Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm12 View Post
Maybe I am not understanding the question but I thought all 35is had silver mirrors.
You are correct my friend... it was late and I was falling asleep...

But, I just would like to have the option... guess I will have to do it afterwards...
Old 09-25-2012, 05:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 Z4 35i--2002 330ci
Im not a big fan of them either. I ordered my 35i in January and love it. That being said if I could have afforded an 35is I would have ordered one and "dealt" with the mirrors.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 Z4 3.0si
I haven't seen in person yet, but I think that the silver and space greys might pull off the different mirror colors better.

Almost as if the mirrors simply had a different finish instead of a different color and material...