Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 750LI / 2012 2500HD
A Little over a week with new to us 06 750li

A little over a week ago I picked up a 750li 1 owner with 90k on it clean car fax and bmw service records.
White and Tan
I have noticed a few things that bug me and not sure how easy of the fix.

Small rattle or squeak in the dash.

Happened 1 time said it was low in oil but was not.

Jerks when complete stop. read about the software update and a pan but cant find any info on the pan. I also need to check the Guibo.

Doors dont lock when putting in drive.

Has comfort access works great walking up and starting but should the doors lock when you walk away?

Anyway to start it from outside the car.

Still trying to figure out the best fuel grade to get best mpg.

Rear entertainment works but would like to be able to control the dvd from the front for the kids. "hoping the video in motion will give me this. I would also like to be able to have a/v hookup to show a ipod on that screen"

Would like to replace the wheels or get the scratches fixxed on them.

I have ordered a cable and found the software to change the coding in this car but I am still looking for the tips on doing it.

I have also ordered the Aux cable.

Any tips would be great if anyone could share.
Ads by Google
Old 09-27-2012, 10:11 AM

Mein Auto: '07 750i BMW; '03 Z4 BMW
Doors locking on drive off require reprogramming.

Doors will not lock when you walk away from the car CA or not.

No factory remote start; aftermarket may be available but BMW does not recommend them; you are supposed to start the car and drive, not let it set and idle.

Only use premium fuel, 91 octane (US) or higher.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeT View Post
Doors locking on drive off require reprogramming.

Doors will not lock when you walk away from the car CA or not.

No factory remote start; aftermarket may be available but BMW does not recommend them; you are supposed to start the car and drive, not let it set and idle.

Only use premium fuel, 91 octane (US) or higher.
Well I should be able to do that when I get my cable.

Was hopping for the walk away lock "wife has gotten used to keep the keys in her pocketbook"

No remote start that is a shame I was hoping for that my truck does it.

I am sure I will find other things as I go. This is the wives daily driver she lets me know when its not working right.

Hey GeorgeT I see the paw... I am near Greenville so I guess we are both in the upstate. I havent seen many 7 series on the roads around here. All 3's and 5's.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:50 AM

Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkc0508 View Post
A little over a week ago I picked up a 750li 1 owner with 90k on it clean car fax and bmw service records.
White and Tan
I have noticed a few things that bug me and not sure how easy of the fix.

Small rattle or squeak in the dash.
Could be something in the two drawers or the trim panel right under the gauge cluster.

Happened 1 time said it was low in oil but was not.
the car uses an electronic oil sensor level. There's a thread on here somewhere showing the location of a dipstick, check it and make sure the oil is right!

Jerks when complete stop. read about the software update and a pan but cant find any info on the pan. I also need to check the Guibo.
Guibo is a flex absorbing disk at the rear of the car that helps absorb the shock from shifts and such. Replacing it may help but won't solve the issue completely. New fluid and a new pan are always a good option! While your in there, I suggest looking at replacing the sealing sleeve; it's a common leak point.

Doors dont lock when putting in drive.
I don't think this is possible; I'm going to let others chime in on this

Has comfort access works great walking up and starting but should the doors lock when you walk away?
You will need to press DOWN & IN on the door handles to lock the car with comfort access!

Anyway to start it from outside the car.
BMW does not recommend remote start systems, and to be honest I wouldn't try to put on in here!

Still trying to figure out the best fuel grade to get best mpg.
Fuel that's 91+ without ethanol will get you the BEST MPG! If you can't find any of that, anything that's 91+ will work too!

Rear entertainment works but would like to be able to control the dvd from the front for the kids. "hoping the video in motion will give me this. I would also like to be able to have a/v hookup to show a ipod on that screen"
I think theres a way to program the i-drive to allow DVD's to be controlled by the front screen; another member did this a WHILE ago.

Would like to replace the wheels or get the scratches fixxed on them.
There are shops that can repair wheels for 150-300 each, but in all honesty you can buy a set of BMW Style 128 21 Inch wheels from WAC for around 1100 dollars and be ahead of the game!

I have ordered a cable and found the software to change the coding in this car but I am still looking for the tips on doing it.

I have also ordered the Aux cable.

Any tips would be great if anyone could share.
Check out the bold!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:57 AM

Thanks csmeance

I did check the oil after i posted this let it set flat it was a bit low so I added 3.4 quart I am hoping the last oil change they didnt fill it completely. We have not had it long enough to service I plan on doing that next week. I see no leaks nothing on the floor or under the car. No smoke on starting ether.

So any aftermarket pans or is that a BMW only part?

I give the door handle option on locking if that works it will make the wife happy.

Last edited by bkc0508; 09-27-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:11 AM
G Trues

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 750Li
gotta unlock and lock the doors manually.