Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E36 M3 (1995-1999)

E36 M3 (1995-1999)

Old 09-25-2012, 05:46 PM

Mein Auto: '98 E36 M3/4/5 DINAN S2
Test Pipe (cat delete) and vacuum lines for E36 M3

Hey guys, so my M3 is pretty modded out, Dinan S2, Schrick Cams, Stage 2 Vanos, Dinan Catback, Shark Programmer, big injectors, big throttle body, M50 intake etc and so-on. My car recently had a miss, which we've potentially diagnosed as a vacuum leak from one of the six vacuum lines under the intake manifold or potentially from the intake elbow. I'm ordering a silicone elbow from Turner, but don't know where to find the proper vacuum lines for our cars. Any ideas?

Also, while I'm in there, I ordered an Ebay header, which I'm going to have inspected and coated prior to install, but my issue is, I can't seem to find a good cat-delete (test pipe) for my car, other than the $700+ ones from Turner. Any other ideas? I'll also need an o2 sim, if you have any good leads on those, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

CarMan493
Ads by Google
Old 09-26-2012, 01:22 AM
M Mad

Mein Auto: M Roadster/M3
Just realize that running a cat delete on a street car in the US is a criminal offense. Fine and possible jail time.

And high flow cats give as much power, without the issues.

'95 Alpine M3 LTW
'00 Dakar M Roadster
'02 Topaz M3
Red/White SRF #4 (Chassis 561)