Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 07-28-2014, 02:42 PM

Mein Auto: LCI 528i xdrive
Default to sport mode?

Is there a way to set the driving mode so that the default is sport instead of reverting to comfort each time the car is restarted? Also, is the a way to permanently disable start/stop?

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2014, 02:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcliff1 View Post
Is there a way to set the driving mode so that the default is sport instead of reverting to comfort each time the car is restarted?
Nope, not even by coding (that anyone knows of).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcliff1 View Post
Also, is the a way to permanently disable start/stop?
You have a 2014, right? It should remember your last setting. Dealer also can set it to be always off, or coding can set it to always off.
2013 535i M-Sport: Carbon Black with Oyster/Black Dakota, Sport Auto, Driver Assistance Pkg, Premium Pkg, Multi-Contour Seats, Heated Seats, Navigation, H/K stereo. Michelin Pilot Super Sport non-runflats, M5 grille, Painted reflectors from IND.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i M-Sport
From my own research, you cannot set Sport to default.

Also, you can disable Start/Stop but not permanently. This can be done by changing the code --- go to the coding section of this forum. And, if BMW ever refreshes you software, than you would have to make the code adjustment again.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:57 PM

Mein Auto: LCI 528i xdrive
Hmm, would be nice if they gave us the choice. I prefer sport mode 90% of the time and would be ideal to set as default. Oh well.

Start/stop settings is usually persistent but every now and then it seems to have a mind of it's own. I know that when you switch to eco-pro it re-enables start/stop but it also seems to randomly come back on at other times.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:18 PM
BMW loyalist

Mein Auto: 2014 F10 535 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trian View Post
From my own research, you cannot set Sport to default.

Also, you can disable Start/Stop but not permanently. This can be done by changing the code --- go to the coding section of this forum. And, if BMW ever refreshes you software, than you would have to make the code adjustment again.

On my 2014, I turned it off with the button and it has stayed off......no need to code in my opinion.

Former rides:
2000 Audi A4 QMT,
2006 BMW 330i titanium silver, black, sport package, 6MT