Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 09-26-2012, 01:17 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 2007 328XI
code for blue tooth

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to set my IPhone up to the bluetooth in the car. I was told they all take a certain code. Can anyone tell me how to find that out? Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM
A BMW, 7 Series of course

Mein Auto: LS460
Old 09-26-2012, 03:28 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
This varies depending on which year and model BMW you have. Earlier models like your 2007 328ix may have come with the card shown in the video along with the Owner's Manual and other manuals. The card is in multiple languages including English. If you have this card with your manuals, look on the card for a sticker with the BMW roundel and several different numbers, including "PK:" followed by a 4-digit number. This is the Bluetooth passkey that is unique to your car and without it you will not be able to pair your phone with the now more common "0000" or "1234". If you have a slipcase for your manuals, it may also be inside the front pocket of the slipcase.

If you don't have the card shown in the video you will have to locate the Bluetooth module which will have the same sticker on it. The location varies depending on model, but it probably located behind the trim in the trunk, on either side as shown in the video. If the sticker has the Bluetooth logo and says Motorola on it, this is definitely the Bluetooth module. I did a Google search and couldn't find where the module is located on your car.

If you bought your car from a BMW dealer they may find it for your at no charge if you don't have the card. They may also be able to use a computer to pull the passkey.

My 2006 Z4 M Roadster, which I bought from a BMW dealer a couple of months ago, fortunately came with the card in the slipcase with the rest of the manuals so I didn't have to look for the module. In my car, you have to remove the subwoofer panel behind the driver's seat and then remove the subwoofer. The Bluetooth module is located in this cavity and can be seen with a flashlight.

The pictures below are from a car similar to mine but the module was accessed by pulling the carpet in the trunk:

My wife's 2011 335is Coupe didn't require a unique Bluetooth passkey.
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!

Last edited by SD Z4MR; 09-26-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:46 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 2007 328XI
Code for Bluetooth

Thanks for your help. I will try to look in the vehicle where u told me as I did not get the owners manual with the car.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:40 PM

Mein Auto: Z4
I have a 2008 Z4 Coupe. I had the dealer interrogate the on board system today for the four digit code. Much easier than disassembling the trunk to find the correct box. I had everything connected in under a minute once I had the pairing code.