Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Pault335i Pault335i is offline
Registered User
Location: Spring city
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: 335i F30
Sport mode

So today I switched my F30 to sport mode. I was waiting like a good boy and not doing it before the break in period was up. I know that is not required I just knew my own limits. It was a good thing I did wait because I tell you it is a new car when you do that. I thought it was fun to drive before but man this was awesome.

Anyone else out there feel like this?

Sent from my MB860 using Bimmer App
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 09-29-2012, 03:36 PM
mikepinkerton mikepinkerton is offline
Registered Drooler
Location: Northern VA
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 398
Mein Auto: '12 335i, '11 X3
Agreed. It's much more awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-29-2012, 04:07 PM
FrogmanF30's Avatar
FrogmanF30 FrogmanF30 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southern California
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 410
Mein Auto: 2012 328i
It's like having two different engines in one car.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-30-2012, 08:44 PM
LousyShot LousyShot is offline
Registered User
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 38
Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sportline
Agreed! The throttle response is night and day and the way the transmission holds a gear higher into the rev range is nice (never get tired of that sound either!).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 PM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,709
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LousyShot View Post
Agreed! The throttle response is night and day and the way the transmission holds a gear higher into the rev range is nice (never get tired of that sound either!).
It turns the 328i into a rocket. Just tap the gas and WHOOOOSH you go.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-03-2012, 01:33 AM
OpsO OpsO is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: 2012 335i
Agree...

Sport plus turns my black on black on black 2012 335i into a rocketship
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-03-2012, 05:11 AM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Very much doubt I would ever use the Eco mode. Comfort, maybe maybe not. Now here is a question for you BJ. since you installed the last mode software does your car keep the last setting or it defaults back to comfort? The ASS to me its not a big deal, I can click a button and disable it when I start the car. But man if it can remember the last suspension setting that would be reason to do it ASAP.
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-03-2012, 05:18 AM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,709
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor027 View Post
Very much doubt I would ever use the Eco mode. Comfort, maybe maybe not. Now here is a question for you BJ. since you installed the last mode software does your car keep the last setting or it defaults back to comfort? The ASS to me its not a big deal, I can click a button and disable it when I start the car. But man if it can remember the last suspension setting that would be reason to do it ASAP.
The recode remembers last ASS position only. If you want to be in Sport 24/7, you need to tap the Sport rocker switch every time you start the engine.

Many of us got the ASS recode because it meant that hitting the Sport rocker was the only thing to remember to do before driving off. Without it, you need to hit ASS off and Sport on which is double the inconvenience. Sounds trivial, but it adds up especially if you take numerous short trips each day.

Keep in mind that Comfort is also the anti-nausea mode. Sport gives you rocket-like blasting power which can make wife/kids seasick, especially in traffic. Makes the accelerator a hair-trigger, takes no effort to launch. A great feature when driving solo, with passengers, different story.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 10-03-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-03-2012, 05:25 AM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
The recode remembers last ASS position only. If you want to be in Sport 24/7, you need to tap the Sport rocker switch every time you start the engine.

Many of us got the ASS recode because it meant that hitting the Sport rocker was the only thing to remember to do before driving off. Without it, you need to hit ASS off and Sport on which is double the inconvenience. Sounds trivial, but it adds up especially if you take numerous short trips each day.

Keep in mind that Comfort is also the anti-nausea mode. Sport gives you rocket-like blasting power which can make wife/kids seasick, especially in traffic. Makes the accelerator a hair-trigger, takes no effort to launch. A great feature when driving solo, with passengers, different story.

BJ

sounds good to me. Another reason why I love the manual transmission, you can shift when you want.

Unlike you wife, mine loves cars and I have to remind her when we get this ride she needs to take it easy. Hell she is as excited as I am to have a manual car again. She already knows about the different settings, her first comment is why do they have an eco setting on a 335i.

Damn too bad about not remembering the last setting. I think this is a mistake BMW is making, they should have it part of the drivers profile, like seat and mirror settings.
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:30 AM
voip-ninja's Avatar
voip-ninja voip-ninja is offline
Swedish Murder Machine
Location: Highlands Ranch CO
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,886
Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pault335i View Post
So today I switched my F30 to sport mode. I was waiting like a good boy and not doing it before the break in period was up. I know that is not required I just knew my own limits. It was a good thing I did wait because I tell you it is a new car when you do that. I thought it was fun to drive before but man this was awesome.

Anyone else out there feel like this?

Sent from my MB860 using Bimmer App
[youtube]
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:43 AM
mdsbuc's Avatar
mdsbuc mdsbuc is offline
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
Location: Tampa Bay
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,565
Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
LOL!

.
__________________
.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers


2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Jamesonsviggen Jamesonsviggen is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,223
Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'13 F30 RWD
Like I have said, I have a bad feeling that plenty of people are test driving these cars with them only being driven in COMFORT.
__________________
'98 M Roadster+'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt
'11 Saab 9-3 XWD
'13 M-Sport 328i 6mt FOR SALE


E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@13lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: ForgeStar F14 19's summer-OZ Superleggera 17's winter/Rogue Catback/Integral Audio/AFE intake scoop/BMS stage 1
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-03-2012, 08:58 AM
voip-ninja's Avatar
voip-ninja voip-ninja is offline
Swedish Murder Machine
Location: Highlands Ranch CO
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,886
Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Why would you have a "bad feeling" about that? BMW might very well have targeted their typical buyers with comfort mode.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-03-2012, 09:07 AM
tturedraider's Avatar
tturedraider tturedraider is offline
Freedom isn't free!!
Location: Chicago, north shore (via Tennessee & Texas)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,027
Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbuc View Post
lol!

.
+1
__________________

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 AM
FrogmanF30's Avatar
FrogmanF30 FrogmanF30 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southern California
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 410
Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen View Post
Like I have said, I have a bad feeling that plenty of people are test driving these cars with them only being driven in COMFORT.
I did 2 test drives (with different CA's), and they both emphasized the ECO/Comfort/Sport modes and had us switch between them in different driving conditions.

I can't see a CA's not going over this feature during a test drive. I don't think people who test drive BMW's are looking for just a cushy ride.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-03-2012, 09:23 AM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,734
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogmanF30 View Post
I did 2 test drives (with different CA's), and they both emphasized the ECO/Comfort/Sport modes and had us switch between them in different driving conditions.

I can't see a CA's not going over this feature during a test drive. I don't think people who test drive BMW's are looking for just a cushy ride.
Majority of bmw drivers i see are soccer moms. At least thats what it looks like in miami, ft.lauderdale and palm beach
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:16 AM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,709
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen View Post
Like I have said, I have a bad feeling that plenty of people are test driving these cars with them only being driven in COMFORT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
Why would you have a "bad feeling" about that? BMW might very well have targeted their typical buyers with comfort mode.
Last time I checked, less than 10% of all 3 Series sold have MT or any sport package.

If you study the marketing of the F30 you see that BMW is trying to accentuate "Luxury" and "Comfort" and "Eco(nomy)". The potential assumption being that BMW can take the enthusiasts for granted, they'll configure a sporty model per usual, but it's the high-end luxury car audience that needs work.

The E90 was not luxurious and not comfortable, those coming off leases will look at Audi, Mercedes, and Lexus because of the E90's spartan cabins and harsh suspensions. "Comfort" and "Luxury" are quite important methinks.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:21 AM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,709
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Majority of bmw drivers i see are soccer moms. At least thats what it looks like in miami, ft.lauderdale and palm beach


Numbers are approximations based on past analysis:

The average BMW driver is 47 years old, is 50% female, is 60% likely to be leasing, is 90% using auto transmissions, is 90% not choosing sport options, is 80% buying off the lot.

Paints a very different picture than the typical Bimmerfester.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 10-03-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 AM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post


Numbers are approximations based on past analysis:

The average BMW driver is 47 years old, is 50% female, is 60% likely to be leasing, is 90% using auto transmissions, is 90% not choosing sport options, is 80% buying off the lot.

Paints a very different picture than the typical Bimmerfester.

BJ
yea but the question is how many of the 50% of female BMW drivers look like her...
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:49 AM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,709
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor027 View Post
yea but the question is how many of the 50% of female BMW drivers look like her...








Definitely.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:52 AM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,734
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
wtf was that old lady in the convertible thinking not getting ZHP
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:54 AM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,709
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
wtf was that old lady in the convertible thinking not getting ZHP
"Old lady"?

I think you meant to say "core customer".

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:57 AM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post








Definitely.

BJ
you really know how to take the wind out of sails BJ.....
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.

Last edited by windsor027; 10-03-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-03-2012, 11:51 AM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,709
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor027 View Post
you really know how to take the wind out of sails BJ.....


Better?

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-03-2012, 12:04 PM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post


Better?

BJ
Lets just say I dropped the keyboard, mouse and chocked on my apple all at the same time.

Notice....manual or so called stick.
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms