Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Brian in Va.

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 750LI
Remote Coding

I heard that I can have my car coded remotely. Is that true? If it is, can someone help me with coding my F02?

2004 BMW 645CIC
2009 BMW 750LI
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Yes, you can have your car coded remotely. However, it is done via a Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) like TeamViewer, which of course means you still have to have all the coding software installed on your local machine, and a OBDII Connection Cable to the car, which at that point, you might just as well code it yourself.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 07-15-2014, 06:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Yes, you can have your car coded remotely. However, it is done via a Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) like TeamViewer, which of course means you still have to have all the coding software installed on your local machine, and a OBDII Connection Cable to the car, which at that point, you might just as well code it yourself.
I had my car remote coded, and didn't need to install E-Sys (coding software), just TeamViewer, which he sent on a flash drive along with the cable. But after watching how it was done, I wound up getting my own setup.
2013 535i M-Sport: Carbon Black with Oyster/Black Dakota, Sport Auto, Driver Assistance Pkg, Premium Pkg, Multi-Contour Seats, Heated Seats, Navigation, H/K stereo. Michelin Pilot Super Sport non-runflats, M5 grille, Painted reflectors from IND.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:46 PM

Mein Auto: car
well there is no way to code the car without E-sys.... it was probably in the flash drive already installed
Old 07-15-2014, 06:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by mness View Post
I had my car remote coded, and didn't need to install E-Sys (coding software), just TeamViewer, which he sent on a flash drive along with the cable. But after watching how it was done, I wound up getting my own setup.
It is impossible to code car without coding software on local machine. You may not have installed E-Sys, but he had to at least copy it to your machine after establishing TeamViewer connection.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 07-22-2016, 02:09 PM

Mein Auto: F30
Hi iam new here
I have bmw x3 f25 2012 and i want to code it only vim Video in motion
I have the cable and i have setup all software esys token 3.27.1 and teamviewer
And iam i read alot about coding but iam afraid to mess something
I know i have to make this
CIC 3000 HMI SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX value = FF 3_kmh = 3 or 8_kmh = 8
HU_CIC 3000 HMI SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN value = FF 3_kmh = 3 or 8_kmh = 8
HU_CIC 3000 HMI VIDEO_NUR_MIT_HANDBREMSE

But iam really afraid and i want someone who know make it for me it will takes a only few min many thanks and iam appreciated
mohamede46@hotmail.com
Thanks guys

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search