Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:09 AM

Mein Auto: 340i M-Sport
F30 LCI Amber Sidemarker on ECE Headlights / US CAFDs needed!

Hello guys,

I've been hardly trying to activate the amber sidemarker LEDs on my f30 340i with adaptive LED headlights (ECE Version) but until now, I could not activate them.

I have already tried to code my FLE43/44 to the following parameters:

LM_ID_LT04 from 00 to 04
LM04_Name from 00 to 0D

as described in another Post of bimmerpost.com but it did do nothing.

For now I'd be really thankfull if anyone of you could send me their CAFD files of FLE (should be CAFD_000024C3_XXX_XXX_XXX.ncd), so I could compare the ECE Version with the US Version and may finally be able to activate those amber sidemarkers.

Until now, i'm not even sure if the US and ECE Version Headlights are the same...

Thanks in advance
Kind regards
Patrick
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2016, 11:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Coded 2016 F10/ F15 Sport
They are not the same.

But, you could always use E-sys Coding Verification. If you need Typschussel, see here.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:03 AM

Mein Auto: 340i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
They are not the same.

But, you could always use E-sys Coding Verification. If you need Typschussel, see here.
Are you sure that the headlights for ECE / US are not the same?
I have already seen that the Headlights used for US cars have another part no. than the ECE ones, but that does not really make sure that the parts itself are different. Could only mean that the default flashing differs..

So if I could get access to a really default ncd of the FLE ECU I could use the comparison tool to find out what parameters differ to the ECE version ..

Also - do you know if there is an SA552US or SA552_US existent? For ECE cars the adaptive headlights are the SA552. I may have to change the FA additionally.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Coded 2016 F10/ F15 Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddi_ View Post
Are you sure that the headlights for ECE / US are not the same?
I have already seen that the Headlights used for US cars have another part no. than the ECE ones, but that does not really make sure that the parts itself are different. Could only mean that the default flashing differs..

So if I could get access to a really default ncd of the FLE ECU I could use the comparison tool to find out what parameters differ to the ECE version ..

Also - do you know if there is an SA552US or SA552_US existent? For ECE cars the adaptive headlights are the SA552. I may have to change the FA additionally.
Independently verified that only partially the basic hardware is same; one key part is missing. Therefore, no coding can overcome limitation.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search