Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-03-2015, 11:41 PM
SergAA SergAA is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Russia
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 108
Mein Auto: 535d 2013
Psdzdata 54.3 and newer - how to code?

Hello everybody,

as you may know, 54.3 data is became more-less impossible for coding now.
All parameters now are without descriptions, only with one dot (.) instead of label.

I don't flash my car with it yet, stay with 54.2, but i read in some sources, that Code FDL is not possible at all on this data.

Looks like that BMW AG dediced to fight with us using such easy method.
For sure, let's wait for 55.0, but i think it will be always same from now on.

What you think we can do now?
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 02-04-2015, 01:51 AM
VadimAA VadimAA is offline
Registered User
Location: Russia
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 69
Mein Auto: Proton M
In 55 version, almost all "cafd" and "fafp" files are trimmed.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-04-2015, 02:16 AM
SergAA SergAA is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Russia
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 108
Mein Auto: 535d 2013
Which makes question more and more actual ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-04-2015, 02:36 AM
lalamper lalamper is offline
Registered User
Location: Hungary
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 78
Mein Auto: F20, 116i, 2013
Do you already have Psdzdata v55?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-04-2015, 08:46 AM
TokenMaster's Avatar
TokenMaster TokenMaster is offline
Token Master
Location: Java Land
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,036
Mein Auto: Coded F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergAA View Post
Hello everybody,

as you may know, 54.3 data is became more-less impossible for coding now.
All parameters now are without descriptions, only with one dot (.) instead of label.

I don't flash my car with it yet, stay with 54.2, but i read in some sources, that Code FDL is not possible at all on this data.

Looks like that BMW AG dediced to fight with us using such easy method.
For sure, let's wait for 55.0, but i think it will be always same from now on.

What you think we can do now?
All you have to do is ask your source. If your source don't have an answer, then you're not getting your PSdZdata from the right person.

Those who says it's impossible to FDL code with 54.3 are probably the most uninitiated and the ones BMW don't want messing, literally and figuratively, with their cars anyway.

I know at least a dozen folks who flashed their cars with 54.3 and are happily chugging along.

BMW did not trim files for security reason. You got to give them more credit than that.
__________________
Code My Bimmer| FDL Coding Video Guide -Blogger/Youtube | EST Software Token demo | E-Sys Launcher Premium and PRO
Never download already patched E-Sys from Torrent sites
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-04-2015, 01:27 PM
jimmy9980 jimmy9980 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: somewhere
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 298
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW M5
Psdzdata 54.3 and newer - how to code?

So the issue is psdzdata
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-06-2015, 06:31 AM
Lionnutz Lionnutz is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 588
Mein Auto: 2015 435xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokenMaster View Post
All you have to do is ask your source. If your source don't have an answer, then you're not getting your PSdZdata from the right person.



Those who says it's impossible to FDL code with 54.3 are probably the most uninitiated and the ones BMW don't want messing, literally and figuratively, with their cars anyway.



I know at least a dozen folks who flashed their cars with 54.3 and are happily chugging along.



BMW did not trim files for security reason. You got to give them more credit than that.

Would u be able to PM who is able to do it around NY? I had my 15 GC coded but unfortunately took it into service and they updated me to 54.3 and all my coding got wiped.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-06-2015, 08:31 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 29,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionnutz View Post
Would u be able to PM who is able to do it around NY? I had my 15 GC coded but unfortunately took it into service and they updated me to 54.3 and all my coding got wiped.
Whoever coded it last time can code it again using 54.1 PSdZData, and if they get a missing CAFD error, they can contact me.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-18-2015, 05:30 AM
lalamper lalamper is offline
Registered User
Location: Hungary
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 78
Mein Auto: F20, 116i, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Whoever coded it last time can code it again using 54.1 PSdZData, and if they get a missing CAFD error, they can contact me.
Is there any compatibility between 54.1 and 54.3? Or how it is possible to code 54.3 with 54.1 datafiles?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-18-2015, 06:19 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 29,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalamper View Post
Is there any compatibility between 54.1 and 54.3? Or how it is possible to code 54.3 with 54.1 datafiles?
CAFD's from 54.3 will work when dropped in 54.1. In some cases, depending on CAFD, an additional FAFP file could be needed.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-16-2015, 11:14 AM
samer25 samer25 is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 2014 F30
Dealer Update

Any chance you can send me the latest psdzdata link? I went to dealer for some warranty work, got car back, they upgraded my systems and reset all my options, and my current psdz version gives me the missing file errors.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-16-2015, 11:37 AM
samer25 samer25 is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 2014 F30
I guess I should point out, I have an F30, my software version is MX-003.004.031.

I currently have E-SYS 3.24.3, and PSdZ 53.3
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-16-2015, 04:51 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 29,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by samer25 View Post
Any chance you can send me the latest psdzdata link? I went to dealer for some warranty work, got car back, they upgraded my systems and reset all my options, and my current psdz version gives me the missing file errors.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by samer25 View Post
I guess I should point out, I have an F30, my software version is MX-003.004.031.

I currently have E-SYS 3.24.3, and PSdZ 53.3
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-28-2015, 11:44 AM
lex83 lex83 is offline
Registered User
Location: Romania
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 17
Mein Auto: BMW F10 520D
Hi, could I also get the latest psdzdata link? Esys 3.2.61 with 54.2 psdzdata shows me only dots, no descriptions.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-28-2015, 11:58 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 29,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by lex83 View Post
Hi, could I also get the latest psdzdata link? Esys 3.2.61 with 54.2 psdzdata shows me only dots, no descriptions.
I just replied to your same PM.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-31-2015, 01:56 AM
davorslo davorslo is offline
Registered User
Location: slovenia
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: f20
hello
i m new here. shawnsheridan can you help me please. i can send you PM
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-31-2015, 04:33 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 29,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by davorslo View Post
hello
i m new here. shawnsheridan can you help me please. i can send you PM
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-31-2015, 07:47 AM
Jimbo69 Jimbo69 is offline
Registered User
Location: UK
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: F36 BMW 428i GC
Hi ShawnSheridan

Wold be grateful if you could also help me please.

I'm new to this coding too and have a UK F36 May 2014 428i GC

I've got the cable on order just need links to the correct E-Sys and PZSdata.

Thanks in Advance
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-31-2015, 11:01 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 29,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo69 View Post
Hi ShawnSheridan

Wold be grateful if you could also help me please.

I'm new to this coding too and have a UK F36 May 2014 428i GC

I've got the cable on order just need links to the correct E-Sys and PZSdata.

Thanks in Advance
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-31-2015, 04:13 PM
Jimbo69 Jimbo69 is offline
Registered User
Location: UK
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: F36 BMW 428i GC
cheers
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-12-2015, 01:54 PM
davorslo davorslo is offline
Registered User
Location: slovenia
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: f20
is that cabel ok
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0566.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	514168  
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Elastino Elastino is offline
Registered User
Location: La Crescenta, CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: F32 435i, F10 530D
Hello, @ShawnSheridan

I just got F10 LCI 530D, prd Jun,2015, and I can't activate VLD .
Would you please send me the solution for untrimmed?
I really appreciate all your effort and contribution here.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-04-2015, 03:13 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 29,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elastino View Post
Hello, @ShawnSheridan

I just got F10 LCI 530D, prd Jun,2015, and I can't activate VLD .
Would you please send me the solution for untrimmed?
I really appreciate all your effort and contribution here.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers!
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-14-2015, 10:59 AM
Mithril Mithril is offline
Registered User
Location: Brazil
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: BMW 320i
Hi !

My Esys 3.26.1 with 56.3 psdzdata shows me only dots, no descriptions of folders.
Is anyone have an idea of what is wrong ?
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-14-2015, 11:00 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 29,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithril View Post
Hi !

My Esys 3.26.1 with 56.3 psdzdata shows me only dots, no descriptions of folders.
Is anyone have an idea of what is wrong ?
Thanks in advance.
Are you using E-Sys Launcher 2.x?
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2015 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms