Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:25 PM

Mein Auto: M5 2014 LCI with CP
Reversing Camra 3AG Modules?

I had an official BMW dealer install the reversing camera retrofit for F10. They are very pleasant and did a neat job of the cabling etc. However they cannot get it work. The BMW install instructions say there should be a rear camera retrofit in ISTA/P under conversions.
I checked (I have current live ISTA/P and an ICOM) and there is no such button. (lots of others for servicing and ceramic brakes and so on).

Does anyone know which modules to code for the camera? I have it in the FA already and have tried HU_NBT.

Ta!
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: yoda
It's very likely that they will need to have a PuMA case written so that the engineers in NJ can perform an IRAP session to enable it. I know that there was a few retrofit options missing in the most recent release of ISTA-P
Old 11-25-2013, 09:43 AM

As an update, I got the camera working fine inc reversing prediction lines linked to steering angle and obstacle detection. I used e-sys and added 3AG to the VO and coded that to the relevant modules. Didn't work initially, but the next morning all working fine.

Dealer has asked me to show them how it's done as even with my newest ISTA/P 51.1.001 (which is ahead of what the dealer has got from AG), there is no camera retrofit measures plan.

Last edited by rjn21; 11-25-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i MSport
Nice!!!
How much are you going to charge the Dealer for training?
Coded myself: Turn off power when opening door, ASS off by default, Enable turn signals in HUD, DVD in Motion, Transfer telephone ringtone to car, Enable tire pressure and temperature display in iDrive. Disable iDrive legal disclaimer, Disable Rear/Side camera disclaimers.
20/80 Highway/City
Old 11-25-2013, 10:37 AM

My charge rate for my profession is ~$1k per hour. Somehow I don't think that will wash
Old 01-19-2014, 12:12 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Hi rjn21,
hope you can help.

Fitted the OEM rear camera, could you assist on the coding please ?
Old 01-20-2014, 02:10 AM

Add 3AG to your VO, then code TRSVC, HU_NBT or CIC and PDC. Then leave the car to shut down fully. Mine worked the next morning.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:40 PM

Mein Auto: X3 F25 2.0d
Hello,

made a retrofit at my F25. Added 3AG to VO then coded CIC, PDC and Kombi (VO-Coding - not FDL!) - used ESYS 3.18 due to my car is 2011/10. First, I had problems connecting to 12V source - but after checking and changing connection it works fine!

Good luck

Sprollonis
Old 01-22-2014, 02:44 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Car was in dealership for some other work, asked them to code the camera. It works, but lost all the other coding I did - will need to do again.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:15 AM

Mein Auto: F11 520dA Touring
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprollonis View Post
Hello,

made a retrofit at my F25. Added 3AG to VO then coded CIC, PDC and Kombi (VO-Coding - not FDL!) - used ESYS 3.18 due to my car is 2011/10. First, I had problems connecting to 12V source - but after checking and changing connection it works fine!

Good luck

Sprollonis
Hi,

old Post. But i will try it nevertheless
I retrofit also the rear cam, don´t work. Could be also the Hardware. Have to check that but ...

VO-Coding - not FDL! - What does that mean? I coded FDL for my Rear Camera Retrofit
First, I had problems connecting to 12V source - What was your solution? I toke the 5A Fuse with Pin4

Many thanks in advance!!
Old 08-11-2014, 07:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
For VO Coding you select the ECU itself, not the CAFD File.

VO = Vehicle Order

VO Code = Coding of all FDL's (100% of the ECU) to predetermined settings based on the Vehicle Order.

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on ECU (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

FDL = Function Data Line

FDL Code = Coding of individual FDL's in an ECU, overriding the VO Coding.

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on the ECU CAFD and select Read Coding Data => Expand the CAFD Folder by clicking + symbol => Right-Click on the CAFD file and select Edit => Edit CAFD as desired => Click the Blue Floppy Disc Icon to Save CAFD => Click the green back arrow icon => Right-Click on the CAFD file => Select FDL CODE.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 08-11-2014, 12:50 PM

Mein Auto: F11 520dA Touring
Hey shawnsherdian,

thank you for the fast response and very good guide. i will try it tomorrow in the evening.

so if i vo-code i will lost all my FDL codings right. - Therefore i have to code at first VO and afterwards shell i code the FDL?
-----
is there also anybody who have already successful wired the TRSVC? Which fuse/pin you taken für the plus pole? - Maybe i have also a hardware bug? :-/

Greetings from Berlin!
Old 08-11-2014, 04:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayone410 View Post
Hey shawnsherdian,

thank you for the fast response and very good guide. i will try it tomorrow in the evening.

so if i vo-code i will lost all my FDL codings right. - Therefore i have to code at first VO and afterwards shell i code the FDL?...
Yes, that is correct.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 10-14-2014, 02:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i (F30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayone410 View Post
-----
is there also anybody who have already successful wired the TRSVC? Which fuse/pin you taken für the plus pole? - Maybe i have also a hardware bug? :-/

Greetings from Berlin!
You may want to check out this thread on the F30.bimmerpost forum (particularly the last couple of posts):
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=873744

Hope that helps

2014 328i |Premium| Technology| Cold Weather| Harmon Kardon Stereo| Manual|
BMW CCA
Old 12-26-2014, 01:57 AM

Send a message via ICQ to raygbmw1
Mein Auto: f20 116i
Iam a bit confuse. I added 3AG on my VO and then do I code the following:

1. Hu_NBT
2. What other ECU?

I installed the camera and added 3AG in the VO and write it to the car.

I started the car and I get the options for camera grayed out and no picture only the PDC.
Is there an ECU I need to code?

Thanks in advance.

I did add the 3AG in the VO and write it to the FA, however I cant find the TRSVC and PDC ECUs.
Are they meant to automatically added after adding 3AG and reading the SVT in the Coding section?

I place some screen shot of the FA and ECU.

Last edited by raygbmw1; 12-26-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: added info
Old 12-26-2014, 04:47 PM

Send a message via ICQ to raygbmw1
Mein Auto: f20 116i
The TRSVC appears to be in the HU-NBT and the ECU list did not have it. I will try and find the solution.
However, I'll be checking the connections/wiring of the unit.

Can anyone who have retrofitted F20 rear camera tell me where did they connect the green and orange/green wires.