Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 AM

Mein Auto: Mini Cooper S Clubman
BMW USA Website Tracking Question

Hi Everyone -

Two quick questions about the BMW USA site and tracking my X1 build.

First, the website shows all of the options I ordered on the car except for the power seat option that I ordered. I've checked with my dealer a few times and they assure me that power seats are in fact in the build - indeed my copy of the build sheet also shows the power seat options - but with all the weirdness with paddle shifters etc should I be concerned?

Next, my build was just completed and next step is shipping to the US - I've seen many threads of people tracking their car and knowing which ship it got on etc - can anyone provide a newbie with the steps to track the car and find out what ship its on after production has been completed?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2012, 10:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X1
Online information is never accurate. As long as you have the build sheet that has the correct information and your CA confirmed that info you are fine. My power seats don't show up on my order either. To get shipping info you need to ask your My power seats don't show up on my order either.

After you have a vin you can run it through a decoder and you will see the power seats shown.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:29 PM

Mein Auto: TSX Wagon, Pruis & S2000
Thumbs up tracking the X1 at Sea

I am watching our X1 going through the Pananma Canal this weekend. Hrad to belive we have another 2 maybe 3 weeks before we get our hands on it. Once the car is on a boat contact your Sales rep and they can tell you what ship it's on... you can then go to http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ and track the ship. The sales rep knows what the ship name is and how long will take, have him forward the notification e-mail. The website will track it for you...just be aware that the system doesn't cover the whole ocean just populated sections...so there will be some dead space..

In this day and age you'd think they would give more accurate tracking information... from the start of the built to delivery..you know it's all tracked by the BMW computer system.

Definitly fun seeing cross the ocean... now to jet get it in the driveway!

Last edited by safety6; 09-30-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X1
Go to bmwvin.com to see what your car build is and the production date. If you google "how to track your BMW production" it should take you to a post on how to track it. It has the links to W&W so you can guess what ship your car will be on. Once it's on a ship though you CA should be able to confirm it. Then use the marine traffic link to track the ship when it's within range.