Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 10-02-2012, 04:51 PM

Mein Auto: BMW LR Lexus Montero
I think it's the fact that Hank did posted in a wrong section. And for some, it's an opportunity to troll and toss him around. He may have misinformed everyone about the car he's selling, but it came to a point that he stood up and tried his best to make everyone understand that he is not in any way, trying to deceive anyone. I believe that Hank is a youngster and as oldies like a lot of you are, you should accomodate and respect his opinions. Instead of ramming him, it's best to give a simple advice...but not to an extent that it can turn into debate. And I agree that a simple PM could have evaded all these nonsense!
The best solution is to close this thread and for everyone to move on!

ps
I'm a newbie in this forum so take it easy on me! Lol
Old 10-02-2012, 05:00 PM

Mein Auto: '01 BMW 540i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungcarlo View Post
I think it's the fact that Hank did posted in a wrong section. And for some, it's an opportunity to troll and toss him around. He may have misinformed everyone about the car he's selling, but it came to a point that he stood up and tried his best to make everyone understand that he is not in any way, trying to deceive anyone. I believe that Hank is a youngster and as oldies like a lot of you are, you should accomodate and respect his opinions. Instead of ramming him, it's best to give a simple advice...but not to an extent that it can turn into debate. And I agree that a simple PM could have evaded all these nonsense!
The best solution is to close this thread and for everyone to move on!

ps
I'm a newbie in this forum so take it easy on me! Lol
Welcome bud. Glad to have you here. And for the argument ensuing here, I appreciate your input. I believed I made it very clear that I didn't want confrontation (but obviously I ran from that when I insulted Geezer, which I have already stated, and am sorry for).

So can we, you and I Geezer, agree to diasgree and just leave each other alone?

Or, like I have already stated; instead on instigating it further and saying "epic" , will you 'PM' me so you can work this out like the elderly, wise, and intelligent man all of these members say you are. Because I'd be more than happy to and I've already made that very clear in previous posts.

regards,
hankthetank94

Last edited by hankthetank94; 10-02-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 540i6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankthetank94 View Post
I would have no problem showing Geezer some respect - if only he showed the same to me and others at bimmerforums - not here. Like I have already stated earlier in this thread, it is a shame that all of you saw me lash out as soon as geezer posted the links. It wasn't because he posted it, but because of threads like these on bimforums:

A kid was happy about buying a 540i but Geezer brought the whole thing down:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1897658 and
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1897658&page=2

Geezer gets all P'od here:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...0#post25157100

And here:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...5#post25148765
Granted this kid was really dumb about an oil change, but he was also 17-18 yrs old and I was not pleased with the insults he recieved. I respect the kid even had the balls to admit he messed up that bad. What's funny to me is that I actually took a shot at the kid and laughed with Geezer about it.

And lastly:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1899772
Really geezer? That wasn't funny at all - I wouldn't ever come at a man's wife.

And btw, those links I just posted? All within my first 80 or so posts as a member.

Now I hope you know why I feel the way I do,
hankthetank94
Hank,

I'm confused. Are you and "hkovalcik" the same guy? He seems to have the same car, and similar experiences, as you.

Dave
03 540i6
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530iA
Hank, you made a mistake posting the price you purchased the vehicle. I totally agree to flip things and make $$$ if you can, but just think of it for a moment:
You post here (and the other forum) for advice and help, then you post the FS with your profit on the price. In a way, we're like a family here, helping each other out. That's why it your ad looks bad.

if you would have not posted the price you purchased the car, everything would have been OK, but you wanted to show off what a great deal you made on that car, then you had a few things going wrong with it (which is normal, and you fixed it), and you post those as well.

If you had the intention of flipping it (the real estate guys do that all the time), you should have been smart about it (they are).
TMS underdrive pullies - Stewart WP - PSS9 - Beisan Vanos seals - Zimmerman cross-drilled & Akebono Euro - Deka 649 MF - 55w HID headlights - 35w HID foglights - Hualigan double din - ACS (rep) alu pedals - Euro central storage console - Breyton Magic Racing staggered wheels - M5 bumper - M5 steering wheel - Tint
Stable: e39, e53, e46 & Tribby
Old 10-03-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540nj View Post
Hank,

I'm confused. Are you and "hkovalcik" the same guy? He seems to have the same car, and similar experiences, as you.

Dave
03 540i6
No but I know of the kid - we live in the same area and have the exact same car. He was actually the one that got me into bimmerforums and bimmerfest in the first place over a 'philly car meets' Facebook chat. He had just joined so I figured I would too as a fellow BMWer in the area.

Could see how you would think that though.

regards,
hankthetank94

Last edited by hankthetank94; 10-03-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doru View Post
Hank, you made a mistake posting the price you purchased the vehicle. I totally agree to flip things and make $$$ if you can, but just think of it for a moment:
You post here (and the other forum) for advice and help, then you post the FS with your profit on the price. In a way, we're like a family here, helping each other out. That's why it your ad looks bad.

if you would have not posted the price you purchased the car, everything would have been OK, but you wanted to show off what a great deal you made on that car, then you had a few things going wrong with it (which is normal, and you fixed it), and you post those as well.

If you had the intention of flipping it (the real estate guys do that all the time), you should have been smart about it (they are).
I agree with you 100% - absolutely no question I should not have posted that and I thought I already clarified that earlier. And I am not selling it anymore anyway so I guess it does not matter.

Regards,
hankthetank94

Last edited by hankthetank94; 10-03-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:33 PM

I would like to close this thread since I am not selling and it is an entire, pointless argument. How do I do that?

regards,
hankthetank94
Old 10-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Hofmeister Kink

Mein Auto: 2003 530i/5
Stop posting in it.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherGeezer View Post
Stop posting in it.
k.