Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > General Automotive Forum

General Automotive Forum
All non-BMW car talk goes here...

Old 09-30-2012, 07:15 PM

Mein Auto: Acura TL
Acura MDX Lease Question

My wife is an Acura girl and is looking to replace her current vehicle with an MDX. One of the local dealerships was advertising a $0 down lease on the 2012 so I emailed the sales person I have dealt with in the past to get the numbers behind the lease offer. Since we need 15k per year, he pretty much started over with the lease deal and sent me their deal with 15k per year. The MF and residual % agreed to RidewiththeG so nothing funny there. I thought that the sales price was higher than it should be for a 2012. His response was that the the dealership was picking up the all of the drive off costs (first months pmt, $599 doc fee [way too high], random taxes and the acq. fee) to make it zero down and that was why the sales price seemed high. The costs the salesperson said the dealership was picking up were just rolled into the cap cost. Am I missing something regarding how leases work? I am paying for those costs on a monthly basis, they are not picking up the costs b/c they are in the cap cost. When I asked the salesperson about the costs he tried to throw in oil changes and never answered the question. Can anybody tell me if I am totally off here? Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Jaguar F-Type V8 S
Where "out west" are you? Bought my wife an MDX with Advance (which includes the Technology package) and Entertainment earlier this year and we had little trouble getting the car for way below invoice here in the Bay Area.
BMW 550i, BMW 545i
Old 09-30-2012, 08:24 PM

Mein Auto: Acura TL
I am in Vegas. The price was below invoice (b/c of the $3,000 in factory $$$) but I was more curious about what the dealer was telling me about "picking up" the drive off costs.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:30 PM

OK. I didn't lease the car, but excluding sales tax my drive-off fees on this purchase were a $55 document fee and $428 in license and registration fees.
BMW 550i, BMW 545i
Old 09-30-2012, 08:36 PM

Good luck with the new MDX by the way - ours has been excellent, and my wife is very happy with it. It's a great car.
BMW 550i, BMW 545i