Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 135i M-Sport 6-speed
2013 328i Sportline order cancelled for.......

The dealer told me yesterday that the car he had allocated for me could not be changed to a rear wheel drive and gave me some options. First was they could enter a new order for me and I'd probably be looking at a January delivery date (was expecting delivery around Thanksgiving).

I've been reading and participating in some of the recent 328i discussions and have been particularly thinking about the infamous Vibrating Steering Wheel and whether one should get the Dynamic Handling Package....! Also was concerned that the car I planned on ordering I had not been able to drive beforehand (rear drive, manual, Sportline).

I asked the CA...how about the 135i? Do you have any manuals in stock to test drive? I was told he had a convertible 135i that I could take out. I also learned they had an 135i M-Sport Coupe in their allocation pool and should be delivered within 4 weeks. Test drove the convertible today....MAN...I should have drove this one before! Now this is a sports coupe! I loved it, incredible acceleration and handling!

I came in from the test drive and told him let's talk about the 135i Coupe you have coming in. Negotiated a deal at $300. below invoice with my USAA discount. Details on the car:

Black M-Sport; 6-spd manul; Premium; HK; heated seats; bmw assist...cannot freakin wait....
Ads by Google
Old 10-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
I drove the 135 before deciding on the 335. I never liked the 135 body and after driving it i didnt like the interior. not to mention i have been driving e90 for last 6 years. fun little car tho, enjoy it.

Hard to believe there is not a 328 xdrive with some of the options you want.

Last edited by justinnum1; 10-18-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:39 PM

I don't want an x-drive. They had an x-drive in their allocation pool, which they thought they could change to the specs that I wanted (rear drive, manual, etc...) but found out they could not.

I realize the looks of the 1 series are polarizing and that's fine. I love the looks of the M-sport 135i's. I also like that there are very few on the road, unlike the 3-series. I don't need the space of the 3 either as this will be a 3rd car, along with a G37 and a Ridgeline.

Last edited by maxdriver; 10-18-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: e
Old 10-18-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdriver View Post
I don't want an x-drive. They had an x-drive in their allocation pool, which they thought they could change to the specs that I wanted (rear drive, manual, etc...) but found out they could not.

I realize the looks of the 1 series are polarizing and that's fine. I love the looks of the M-sport 135i's. I also like that there are very few on the road, unlike the 3-series. I don't need the space of the 3 either as this will be a 3rd car, along with a G37 and a Ridgeline.
Oh, sounds good. enjoy it.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Oh, sounds good. enjoy it.
Thanks. I know you're waiting for a 335 and I bet you will love it...incredible engine.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Software Engineer

Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Thats awesome, congrats! I really like the 135i. 1 series in general I think has a great look to it and is just the right size for a fun car. Seems about the same size as an E30. I went with a 335i over a 135i because I needed a sedan otherwise 135i would have probably been my choice as well.

2013 335i Sport | Mineral White | Leather Dakota Everest Grey | Cold Weather Package | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Auto high beams | Parking Assistant | 6MT

My 335i Photo Gallery
Old 10-18-2012, 05:13 PM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
Quote:
The dealer told me yesterday that the car he had allocated for me could not be changed to a rear wheel drive and gave me some options. First was they could enter a new order for me and I'd probably be looking at a January delivery date (was expecting delivery around Thanksgiving).

I've been reading and participating in some of the recent 328i discussions and have been particularly thinking about the infamous Vibrating Steering Wheel and whether one should get the Dynamic Handling Package....! Also was concerned that the car I planned on ordering I had not been able to drive beforehand (rear drive, manual, Sportline).

I asked the CA...how about the 135i? Do you have any manuals in stock to test drive? I was told he had a convertible 135i that I could take out. I also learned they had an 135i M-Sport Coupe in their allocation pool and should be delivered within 4 weeks. Test drove the convertible today....MAN...I should have drove this one before! Now this is a sports coupe! I loved it, incredible acceleration and handling!

I came in from the test drive and told him let's talk about the 135i Coupe you have coming in. Negotiated a deal at $300. below invoice with my USAA discount. Details on the car:

Black M-Sport; 6-spd manul; Premium; HK; heated seats; bmw assist...cannot freakin wait....
It looks like you really lucked out because you sound like you're going to be happier with the 135i M Sport Coupe. I was riding next to one about a month ago that had brake caliper covers with BMW on them. They looked awesome. Ask your salesman about how you can get BMW to put these on for you. I think there is a thread in the F30 section that talks about a new service BMW offers where they will install add-ons at the US port of entry.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:16 PM

OP get the mperformance exhaust installed at the port. no brainer imo
Old 10-18-2012, 05:30 PM

Good tips both - I appreciate it!

I've read numerous postings from others how they can't wait for their ordered car to show. I didn't feel that way about the 328i (although I bet I would have loved it) because of the uncertainties I mentioned. No doubts with this one however, what a pocket rocket....
Old 10-18-2012, 05:31 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:

Congrats.

Tulley in Nashua?

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 10-18-2012, 06:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 335i Sedan
Quote:

Test drove the 135i with the N54 engine a few months ago. Loved it!! I also think that the LCI looks awesome. I will seriously consider this as my next vehicle since we have a van to take the family on trips, etc. Sedan is definitely more practical, but 135i=FUN! enjoy!

2008 BMW 335i Retired
2009 BMW 535i Retired

2012 F30 335i sportline (Black Sapphire/Black Leatherette/Black High gloss trim, Technology, Sport Auto, Premium Sound, BMW Apps.)
Old 10-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Enjoy. The 135i is insanely fun (nothing like the e90/f30). If BMW made a 4 door version I could make a case for getting one.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 Imola M3
You're going to love the 135. What a great car. I wish they'd bring the M135 hatch here-that would be the car we would buy in a heartbeat.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:

When you've had it awhile, improve it.

Real deal & big step up -- it'll put your mind right.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 10-19-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
When you've had it awhile, improve it.

Real deal & big step up -- it'll put your mind right.

Ha! Interesting read. The stock platform will be a big step up for me .....for a while anyway!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Elected by grace

Mein Auto: 1 M; '11 328iT; 08 R32
Congrats. As a former 135 owner I can assure you the fun and desire to mod it will grow as you become familiar with its strengths and weaknesses.

Whether you want to go to the lengths of the above mods (and depths of your wallet) is a decision most einser enthusiasts have to decide.

I was on the verge of dropping some serious Benjie's to do so when I instead opted to find one already at the ultimate level.

Enjoy your little flickable 135 and make sure to post pics when you get it.

Also, be sure to join 1Addicts if you haven't already done so. It's a great site for finding about everything there is to know about the one series, as well as helping you decide what mods you should get.

Edit: I just noticed that I still have the old one in my avatar. But I have no compunction to change it at the moment.

Last edited by IndyMike; 10-19-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
Congrats. As a former 135 owner I can assure you the fun and desire to mod it will grow as you become familiar with its strengths and weaknesses.

Whether you want to go to the lengths of the above mods (and depths of your wallet) is a decision most einser enthusiasts have to decide.

I was on the verge of dropping some serious Benjie's to do so when I instead opted to find one already at the ultimate level.

Enjoy your little flickable 135 and make sure to post pics when you get it.

Also, be sure to join 1Addicts if you haven't already done so. It's a great site for finding about everything there is to know about the one series, as well as helping you decide what mods you should get.

Edit: I just noticed that I still have the old one in my avatar. But I have no compunction to change it at the moment.
Can only imagine what the 1M is like! Congrats! I have not had a manual drive car available to me to drive for the past year - first time in the past 30. I am so glad the the 328i order had an issue. I was blown away by the performance of the 135i. I know this is all relative....those who have been driving M3's are probably scratching their heads. I cannot wait for delivery thanks!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Also, be sure to join 1Addicts if you haven't already done so. It's a great site for finding about everything there is to know about the one series, as well as helping you decide what mods you should get.)

Love the burnt orange screamer.....is there an intro date for the new 1M?
Old 10-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
It looks like you really lucked out because you sound like you're going to be happier with the 135i M Sport Coupe. I was riding next to one about a month ago that had brake caliper covers with BMW on them. They looked awesome. Ask your salesman about how you can get BMW to put these on for you. I think there is a thread in the F30 section that talks about a new service BMW offers where they will install add-ons at the US port of entry.
Those are not caliper "covers". They are the same standard 6-piston calipers with the "BMW" label since the 135i introduction back in 2008..
Old 10-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Elected by grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Love the burnt orange screamer.....is there an intro date for the new 1M?
Thanks. It pops brilliant sparkly orange in sunlight and matte copper when overcast. I've already had about half a dozen people come up and tell me orange is their favorite color. I'd never met anybody before that admitted that. Up until recently I was kind of ambivalent about orange, but because it's such an unusual color that you rarely see amongst the sea of white, silver and grays out there VO has cracked into my top 3 behind Le Mans and Imola.

As far as the next generation M no word yet on when it will splash ashore, but rumor has it the next coupe and convertible will move up in class to the 2 series so it likely will be labeled M2. If I had a working crystal ball I would say we'll see it here in 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Those are not caliper "covers". They are the same standard 6-piston calipers with the "BMW" label since the 135i introduction back in 2008..
Yep. I actually kind of wish the 1 M Coupe had a similar look. It is pretty cool looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010739.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	346579  
Old 10-20-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Another reason to look forward to my new ride - thanks!
Old 10-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Thanks. It pops brilliant sparkly orange in sunlight and matte copper when overcast. I've already had about half a dozen people come up and tell me orange is their favorite color. I'd never met anybody before that admitted that. Up until recently I was kind of ambivalent about orange, but because it's such an unusual color that you rarely see amongst the sea of white, silver and grays out there VO has cracked into my top 3 behind Le Mans and Imola.

As far as the next generation M no word yet on when it will splash ashore, but rumor has it the next coupe and convertible will move up in class to the 2 series so it likely will be labeled M2. If I had a working crystal ball I would say we'll see it here in 2015.

Yep. I actually kind of wish the 1 M Coupe had a similar look. It is pretty cool looking.
BMWblog reported BMW is seriously going to make a 1 series sedan for 2014/2015. I know I adore the 1 but would prefer 4 doors (or a hatch). 2 months with my '13 F30 and it's fine but my eye is on what will be available for 2016 - please let there be a 1 Series M sedan!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Elected by grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by brkf View Post
BMWblog reported BMW is seriously going to make a 1 series sedan for 2014/2015. I know I adore the 1 but would prefer 4 doors (or a hatch). 2 months with my '13 F30 and it's fine but my eye is on what will be available for 2016 - please let there be a 1 Series M sedan!
I've kind of noticed your posts from a distance and it seems you haven't been especially tickled since you let go of the E46 w/Performance Package. As a former ZHP owner and advocate myself I agree that a smallish M sedan with something like the N54 or N55 would probably hit the sweet spot for both of us again.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:25 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkf View Post
That's BMW's plan.

3 Series the new 5 Series, F30 built to E39 proportions.

1 Series the new 3 Series, Sedan built to E46 proportions.

Newlyweds needing a practical-sized yet upscale car, 1 Series.
Growing families needing a bigger car, 3 Series.
Empty-nesters wanting a more spirited drive, 1 Series.
Enthusiasts who won't stop whining about the E46, 1 Series.

Everyone's happy.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 10-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Elected by grace

Quote:
I came in from the test drive and told him let's talk about the 135i Coupe you have coming in. Negotiated a deal at $300. below invoice with my USAA discount.
Hey, just noticed you also are with USAA so we have something else in common, although I've never used their purchase program due to opting for the BMW European Delivery Program. That's another program you need to check out and take advantage of in the future. I've used it 5 times, but blew it this last time by not ordering the 1 M when I had a chance.

Quote:
You're fortunate to get the HK. That's the one option I regret not getting in the 135. The 1 M has it and I can't believe how big a difference there exists between the base and HK units. It's tantamount to listening to a concert in Yankee Stadium as opposed to Carnegie Hall.