Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 745Li
Question Dying Alternator or Battery Symptoms

Greetings my fellow 7 series owners. I searched the forum to see if I could find something close to my issue before deciding to post. I have a 2003 745LI with 64,800 miles on it.

Okay so today something weird started to happen. My windows on the passenger side both front and back would roll down by themselves and I can't roll them back up from the driver side window module. I have to reach over and use the modules under each window. My side view mirrors also readjust on their own and I have to adjust them myself. My brother whom also has a 7 stated its signs of an alternator issue. I wanted to know was it a preset timer issue dealing with the keys. I had similar issues with the heat/air coming on when it wanted to and everytime I shut it off it would come right back on. I would have to press the button 5 or 6 times for it to finally override the program even after I cleared it. Anyone else has had or heard of this issue. All of my electronics are good and no lights are dim at all. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Ads by Google
Old 10-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 06 750Li
You need to test both Alternator and Battery .BMW play very weir electrical game when come to low voltage.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: Many
I agree, get the charging system and battery tested so you know for sure if there is a problem or not.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 750i
Doesn't sound like battery or alternator to me. You would be getting dynamic drive error or transmission failsafe.This sounds like a module failing to me.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 745Li
Thanx!

Thanx for the quick feedback. I think i found the problem. I would leave my car charger in the car and also my radio when I exit the vehicle I wouldn't push the button for off. Last night I unplugged my car charger for my phone and turned off the radio. It has been driving well since.