Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 convertible and E86 Z4 coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:23 AM

Mein Auto: Z4
Bluetooth PIN

Trunk behind driver's seat?
Ads by Google
Old 03-14-2013, 04:59 PM
DROZ3

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3 / 2006 X3
yes, on the left side "if" I remember well a previous post.

2001 3.0L 5-speeds,Topaz Blue/Sport+Premium package/Stong-Strut trilogy/Front and rear Bilstein shocks/Rogue Engineering rear shock mount/Ireland Engineering rear sub-frame bushing/CDV delete/Vanos Rebuilt/Conforti CAI/Jim Conforti Shark/LeatherZ Mark2 armrest/DRL module/European Wiper Module/Pioneer AVIC-N4 GPS-Receiver+XM Radio+iPod/iPhone interface+Bluetooth+12CD Charger/ASA-AR1 18" wheels+Michelin PSS/Bi-Xenon upgrade.
Latest mod : 3.73 diff. ... WOW
Old 03-15-2013, 04:34 AM
Hat's On, Tops Down!

Mein Auto: 2008 Z4MR
Or go to dealer and get them to put on computer and they can tell you.

Where in Ga are you?

2008 Z4M Roadster
BMWCCA/ZSCCA Member
Old 03-19-2013, 06:55 AM

Mein Auto: Silver '07 Z4 3.0i
Bluetooth PIN - Takes 15 min to get to

I just picked up a 2007 Z4 - like you must have been I was reading through the phone manual and came across the line - "PIN included with users manual" - nope, not mine.

After a bit of research I found the proceedure, but I had to pull it from several sources. It took perhaps 15 minutes to get to it but it was quite easy - although you do have to crawl into the trunk so the neighbors got a good laugh.

The PIN is located on a sticker on the TCU unit mounted on the wall between the driver seat and the trunk, behind the carpet in the trunk.

The following was for MY 2007 3.0i Z4 - yours may be different

The bottom carpet is attached with Velcro, no problem. The back wall carpet has a number of plastic screws with plastic 'threaded washers' along the sides - easy to take off by hand.

I couldn't loosen the top of the carpet, but if you raise the roof box by twisting the knobs(roof must be up - duh) it gives you another 2 inches which is all you need.

This will expose the L-ish shaped metal bracket holding the TCU unit to the wall - sticker side down of course - remove the 3 nuts to allow you to swing the unit out far enough to see the 4 digit PIN (marked as PK XXXX). Do not remove or torque any of the cables and make sure you remember how they thread through the openings in the bracket.

Pair up and reverse the above. Done

Enjoy, I know I'm loving it

Wailand