Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 06-30-2004, 03:08 PM

Mein Auto: X% soon
Exterior colour - help!

Anyone own, or know of an X5 in Kalahari beige? How good (bad) does it look like in real life? Most X5s I see are Titanium so wondering whether to order this to be different or will it be a 'bummer' beemer.
Regards Phil...
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2004, 07:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2004-X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by philde
Anyone own, or know of an X5 in Kalahari beige? How good (bad) does it look like in real life? Most X5s I see are Titanium so wondering whether to order this to be different or will it be a 'bummer' beemer.
Regards Phil...
Kalahari Beige doesnt look toooo bad, i seen ppl driving on the road with that colour.
But, as a recommandation, i would recommand you with "Sterling Grey". Which is a colour that i got on my car
I'm not saying this because i got this colour or something. I'm saying it because the first time i saw the colour...it was just "BEAUTIFUL"
Well, hope i been some help to you. Check out Sterling Grey if you can, you'll love it!!
Old 07-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 330ia
I second the Sterling Grey. I just purchased this color myself. It is a brownish grey. I wondered if it looked a little gold until I parked next to really gold car and you can just tell that it is just a stunning grey!
Old 07-03-2004, 08:58 AM
I always have an opinion

Mein Auto: '06 325xiT
On paper and on the computer, Kalahari beige isn't that great looking to me - others have called it baby-poop brown or snotty mushroom color.

However, I've seen two in person, and it changed my mind. When clean and shiny, it was a very attractive vehicle - kind of subdued and classy. One had a beige interior, the other black.

It's all subjective opinion though. I like my Ti Silver - even though it's really popular, I still like to look at it.

2006 325xiT | Alpine White | Black Leather
Old 07-03-2004, 10:08 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW AH 3 M Sport
great color... it's the only BMW color that changes color at different angles. It's kinda pearlescent, ya know. It'd be different, that's for sure. Good interior combos would be truffle or sand.