BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Vacuum leak-Diagram?

18K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  nas1973 
#1 ·
Does anybody have a diagram of the vacuum lines. I need to replace the vacuum line(part 2) that connects to part 3 in the picture. The plug on the boot after the MAF became bridle and broke off but i cant find what the other end of the line connects to.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
1 pipe from airbox inlet pipe goes to a small black hard plastic pipe on right handside just beside wer the plasticengine cover sits in a rubber locating mount just under power steering bottle 2 there is another vacuum pipe that goes from beside washer fluid bottle over to the vacuum pump on left side if engine for operating muffler flap.

#4 ·
Eh maybe if u took the time to read my reply above you'd know where they go to as explained above .but here goes again
no1 goes to the inlet elbow just before the throttle body
No2 goes to the vacuum pump just under the inlet elbow.and in ur other post wer you shot 1 lad down who posted a pic of the rear muffler system he was right .so how can you ask for help then tell someone there wrong if you don't know what the correct answer is in the first place.and no2 goes all the way back to the rear muffler where their is a flap 8n the exhaust that is opened by vacuum pressure over a certain engine load

#6 ·
this pushes into a gourmet? that's where i went wrong, i connected it to the hard black tube...your first description with the picture was confusing at first, but your second explanation was great...i didn't tell that guy he was wrong, i told him that everything i saw in the diagrams he sent me was connected, and i wasn't looking for the back part of the car, i know it has to do with the exhaust flap..thanks for your help. Sorry didn't mean to insult anyone.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.