Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Hunter8511 Hunter8511 is offline
Registered User
Location: Lodi, California
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: 1990 525i (E34)
Fuel door comparability

Hey everyone. My 1990 525i has no fuel door or hinge. I want to order the hinge on Amazon but i need the fuel door first. My pick and pull dealer next to me has a 1991 525i, are the fuel doors interchangeable? Thanks everyone for the help.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:49 PM
paperplane94 paperplane94 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 933
Mein Auto: 1989 525i M20B25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter8511 View Post
Hey everyone. My 1990 525i has no fuel door or hinge. I want to order the hinge on Amazon but i need the fuel door first. My pick and pull dealer next to me has a 1991 525i, are the fuel doors interchangeable? Thanks everyone for the help.
E34 fuel door hinges are all interchangeable.

See the recent thread:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=649088

and the links I found:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...7&postcount=13
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:50 PM
paperplane94 paperplane94 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 933
Mein Auto: 1989 525i M20B25
Translate the Japanese one...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Hunter8511 Hunter8511 is offline
Registered User
Location: Lodi, California
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: 1990 525i (E34)
Thank you for the reply but. I know where to get the hinge, thats not the problem. Is the 91 525i model fuel door compatible with my 90 525i fuel door? In other words, can i pull the fuel door off the 91 and put it on my 90?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:04 PM
paperplane94 paperplane94 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 933
Mein Auto: 1989 525i M20B25
Yes, I said that already above...

"E34 fuel door hinges are all interchangeable."
That means they are the same for all model years.

sorry you missed it, Welcome!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-02-2012, 07:33 AM
txrealtor txrealtor is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Huntsville, AL
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 188
Mein Auto: '95 525it '95 525i/M
Hi. Yes, the fuel doors are interchangeable.
__________________

1995 525it/5 98,000 miles
1995 525i 123,000 miles
1995 530i
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-06-2012, 12:31 PM
SwissCheeseHead SwissCheeseHead is offline
Registered User
Location: Madison, WI
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 96
Mein Auto: 08 G37,94 530i,11 328iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperplane94 View Post
E34 fuel door hinges are all interchangeable.

See the recent thread:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=649088

and the links I found:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...7&postcount=13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter8511 View Post
Thank you for the reply but. I know where to get the hinge, thats not the problem. Is the 91 525i model fuel door compatible with my 90 525i fuel door? In other words, can i pull the fuel door off the 91 and put it on my 90?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperplane94 View Post
Yes, I said that already above...

"E34 fuel door hinges are all interchangeable."
That means they are the same for all model years.

sorry you missed it, Welcome!!
Some people's kids I tell ya!
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37, 1994 BMW 530i, 2011 BMW 328iT
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Hunter8511 Hunter8511 is offline
Registered User
Location: Lodi, California
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: 1990 525i (E34)
Thank you guys for the help, just got my fuel door today at a pick and pull with all plastic tabs in tact in my car's color! Ordered the new hinge, so should be on by the end of this week. Thanks everyone again.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms