Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 Roadster, E86 Z4 Coupe, E85 Z4 M Roadster, and E86 Z4 M Coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW Z4 M ROADSTER
Head lamp washer caps

2006 BMW Z4 M ROADSTER

Does anyone know how to install the caps for the head lamp washer holes (51 11 7 078 261 & 51 11 7 078 262)? I just bought a 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster with out them. I bought the caps and thought they would just snap in, but they do not. The car does not look like it had head lamp washers.
Thanks,
Ads by Google
Old 10-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E86 Z4 M Coupe 7LM08376
I've never seen a North American spec Z4M without the headlight washer system. The body color cap is attached to the high pressure nozzle which is found inside the front bumper cover. According to the TIS you pull up on the cap and this action pulls up the nozzle shaft. Hold the shaft extended and gently pull the cap off the top of the nozzle. One issue with this system is that when activated the body color cap goes flying off into the weeds never to be found again. While cap only costs $21.21 MSRP it must be painted body color which costs a lot more
If your Z4M doesn't have the nozzle assemble then a previous owner may have removed it. The Z4M head light washers are virtually useless so many of us deactivate them by disconnecting the pump and/or removing the fuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosby68 View Post
2006 BMW Z4 M ROADSTER

Does anyone know how to install the caps for the head lamp washer holes (51 11 7 078 261 & 51 11 7 078 262)? I just bought a 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster with out them. I bought the caps and thought they would just snap in, but they do not. The car does not look like it had head lamp washers.
Thanks,

Old 10-06-2012, 09:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW Z4 M ROADSTER
Thanks for the help. You were right, I called the last owner and he removed them. He also said they were useless.
What do you do with the holes to fill them in or do you leave them open?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E86 Z4 M Coupe 7LM08376
Least expense solution is leave the holes in the bumper cover open. Not a good idea and it's ugly
Best solution is paint the covers body color and glue them in place over the holes.
Alternative solution: replace the nozzle assemblies (MSRP $77.71 each) and install the painted covers.
Most expensive solution: pull the bumper cover and have the holes filled by a body shop. Bumper cover must then be repainted. While you're at it remove the ugly amber reflectors and have those holes filled too. Expect to spend around $1,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosby68 View Post
Thanks for the help. You were right, I called the last owner and he removed them. He also said they were useless.
What do you do with the holes to fill them in or do you leave them open?