Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Cars - Private Party

Cars - Private Party
Do you have a car for sale? Are you looking for a new BMW? Check here daily as well as searching on craigslist and eBay Motors

Old 10-13-2012, 02:17 PM

Mein Auto: E46 M3 Black, E60 White
Fs/ft 2006 m5

2006 BMW M5
72,901 Miles
Alpine White
Black Leather with Aluminum Trim - NO WOODGRAIN
SMG
3,000 Miles on Hankook Ventus V12 Tires
Black Factory M5 Wheels
I am the second owner of this M5. The first owner was a Dr. in Mississippi, I bought it from a broker in Kansas City August 2011.
Retail Value = $35,000
Private Party = $32,000
Sale Priced = $20,000

*** Let's just get the bad out of the way ***
A rainstorm came up and my neighborhood is prone to the street getting rather high from time to time, I was not aware of it at the time but apparently the storm did get enough water on the street, that the water had in fact gotten up to the door sills and came into the floor boards of the car. My insurance company has a zero tolerance policy on this and deemed the car a total loss with a Salvage title due to water damage. I of course wasn't going to stand for that so I bought the car back because I wasn't going to lose the $7,000 in Brand new Hankook Ventus V12 Tires, a new Clutch and Flywheel setup, also had all the program updates done to the car, 60,000 Mile service completed and replaced the Alternator all done within the past 2 months prior. We had noticed when we put the new Clutch and Flywheel in we had a slight shift hiccup in low gears. It went away then came back, and I was told that I might have to look into getting a new Trans/SMG Pump put in.

So after I had the car detailed and cleaned up I continued to drive it for another couple months. However we noticed that the SMG pump had some leak-down pressure. I had the car taken to my normal BMW service facility. So as it turns out it did need the SMG pump and they recommended to replace the transmission as well, as they had stated back when we did the Clutch/Flywheel install. I have found numerous locations online that the Transmission & SMG Assembly can be bought. Some of the prices for these 2 parts were: $2,100, $2,700, and 3,200 respectively. Installation would be no more than $800.00

Service Records are available, and you can come check out the car if you would like as well. It will start, but is currently not drivable with out the Trans/SMG of course. The shop that is fixing it can also tell you about the vehicle and how clean, and what it would take to get it going again. I am just going this route as I have already decided to get another vehicle, which adds up to the reason why I would be willing to sell it for the $20,000 or best offer.

*** Trades could be considered ***

Retail Value = $35,000
Private Party = $32,000
Sale Priced = $20,000
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M5-1.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	345536   Click image for larger version

Name:	M5-2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	345537   Click image for larger version

Name:	M5-3.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	345538   Click image for larger version

Name:	M5-4.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	345539   Click image for larger version

Name:	M5-5.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	345540  

Click image for larger version

Name:	M5-6.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	345541  
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2012, 02:20 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
M5

How is it going, I'm sure this is far fetch, but as much as your offer on this thread seems like a great deal, i have a BMW at the moment & it wont be another year until i could buy any other car at all, you might have no intentions what so ever of waiting a year for some one who says there interested I'm sure, and i understand completely. But on the off chance that you can work something out were you can put it off for a year or if you don't mange to sell it (which i know is a bit of a stretch because this is a beautiful Beemer.) i would be very contempt to getting this car myself, i just couldn't do it for another year. of course time is of the essence due to the year of the car and the value, but if you might have alternatives as to how this would be possible that would be great. regardless good good luck to you.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Cruising 280 Top Down

Send a message via Skype™ to petriej
Mein Auto: '99 M3 Cab & '05 X5 4.8is
Sad story, but at that price I'm sure someone will pick it up and bring it back to glory.

GGC BMW CCA #443004
Join the BMW CCA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornhospital View Post
Jared, why don't you just put "It's Giubo" in your sig? Save a lot of typing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36 miguel View Post
this jared guy sounds intimidating lol.
2005 X5 4.8is Le Mans/Black/6spd Steptragic
1999 M3 Cabrio TiAg Metallic/Dove Grey/Black 5 Speed Manual
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1997 328iC Schwarz II/K/K 5MT SOLD 5/2012
2004 645Ci Mineral Silver Metallic/Black 6MT RIP 04/2011
Old 10-15-2012, 03:54 PM
A BMW, 7 Series of course

Mein Auto: LS460
I have an 06 750i if your interested in part trade/cash. If so just PM me and I am sure we could work something out.