Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 545i & 2003 BMW 540
Exclamation Sad storry intro

Hi everyone, i am super glad to be on this forum again. I'm not realy new since I signed up when I owned an e60. I sold my e60 and was immediately sorry for letting her go. I put my money together and found an e39 in PA, bought her for $13k with 86k mi, with a second set of BMW wheels and tires. Had her shipped to MSP via open transport carrier. When I accepted delivery I noticed my driver side headlight was filled with mist. I asked the driver what happened to my headlight, he didnt know. I checked over the vehicle, and noticed several oddities to include a white powderish substance on the same side as the headlight assy with the mist. Inspite of this, I accepted delivery, and immediately got a low coolant level warning after driving less than 1/4mi. In my rush to get home it didnt dawn on me what was happening. I drove an additional 2 to 3 mi, when the car overheated. Car never got into the red zone with me, only God knows if it did with the truck driver. After pulling of the highway, I had it towed to a shp and replaced just the radaitor so I can get home, which was 8hrs away. Now I am worried as heck that additional damage might have occurred, and has not surfaced. Prior to purchase I had vehicle inspected by a BMW dealership in State College PA and it checked out in excellent shape. I. have all records, and a ton of pics from previous owner, to include pick up day pics with the vehicle on truck with no damaged headlight. I filed suit against the driver.

P.s. Sorry for spelling i am on vacation and forgot my reading glasses @ home.
Advertisement