Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:30 AM

Mein Auto: minivan
lost/currently automotive tech student

Good morning, as stated I am a student in automotive technologies.I am in a advanced automotive electronics class/electrical diagnosing troubleshooting. I have been assigned a unuasal problem concerning a BMW 1982 528E electrical problem concerning the fuel delivery system,or lack there off. This is and has been a project vehicle of the schools.At this point the vehicle was assigned to me to try and figure out a no start problem. After some basic trouble shooting have determined that it is with the fuel system. It has a new fuel pump and it works checked it via logic probe back tracked problem to the fuse relay box in the engine compartment.After several unsuccessful atemps here I am,I can by pass the relay or jump the relay with an alterative power source and all systems are a go.So now what I am woundering is the battery was out of this car and sat for awhile with new battery installed I have come across the anti theft inducator light on in the dash cluster. Will this affect the fuel system opperation and not allow the relay to work under its own system. And if I am correct in my thought that the anti theft controls the fuel system how do I reset the anti theft? Help if you can I realy would like any and all input that you fellow followers have and will keep intouch with how things turn out. Brian67:
Ads by Google
Old 10-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Hi Brian,

Welcome aboard !

If you sign onto the E28 Forum, you`ll find people there who might be able to help solve your problem. Good luck !

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 10-04-2012, 03:06 PM

Mein Auto: minivan
follow up

Hi Fast Bob, hey again thank you, as I mentioned before this is a unuasal problem but I am certain that it is common who knows at this point any help or referance to help is more than what I have. So again thank you.