Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:59 PM
BimmerMyFriend

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sedan
bmw future car cover

I just bought a BMW future car cover for my 2013 328i sedan. It fits nice and took a moment with help of a friend to figure the best way to put it on. For anyone out their getting one of these covers consider these few minor details: No eyelets so no cable lock. although it would be easy for a thief to take any car cover locked or not. This is a form fitted cover so it does not just drape over the car. A good tip for putting it on easily is to unfold the cover on the car and just fit each side of the cars rear view mirrors into their respective fitted pockets. Once this is done, pull the front portion over the hood and grill, then do the same for the back half of the car. I dont feel like this is an extremely durable cover..only time will tell.
It does look cool though and will keep the hard water spots off from my sprinklers.
Also, check to be sure all of the seams were stitched and with no defects. my first one was defective on the seam at the fitted pocket which left a big hole. I purchased this from my dealer so they were good about a return. Something to consider before purchasing one of these online. If you bought your car from a local dealer ask for a discount of 20 to 25 percent or to match other onlline dealer prices. I got mine for $325.00 and no shipping cost, although their was tax, The savings on defective return paid off!
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2012, 07:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 330i
Any pics of the cover on the car?
Old 10-05-2012, 08:13 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i

You're not talking about R2D2, are you?

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 10-05-2012, 08:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 330i
Awesome looking cover but maybe a bit over priced? Is it water repellent? I had a cover for my e46 and it didn't repell water too well and I only used it as a dust cover while parked in my garage.