Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:06 PM

Mein Auto: 428i Gran Coupe (F36)
F36: Comfort Access Open/Close Mirrors

I'm following a cheat sheet for the F36 and have been very successful so far. I'm running into a problem with just one parameter.

I'm changing the value of FEM_BODY->ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN from NICHT_AKTIV to AKTIV.

As well as changing the parameter of FEM_BODY->ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN from NICHT_AKTIV to AKTIV.

However, after recoding twice, the mirrors still are not auto closing and opening with the touch of the door handle. I've tried waiting a few hours and still no success. However, when I read the value, it shows my changes.

Perhaps I'm missing another flag somewhere? Thanks for your help.

Last edited by shaunole; 03-21-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2015, 09:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Is KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA = aktiv coded?

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 03-22-2015, 05:48 AM

Yes, it's set to aktiv. Werte=00. Maybe I'm missing something else?
Old 03-22-2015, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunole View Post
Yes, it's set to aktiv. Werte=00. Maybe I'm missing something else?
I would reset FEM by VO Coding it, and try again. Make sure you change only the Dropdown box setting, and not the Werte Values too. It's one or the other, but never both, and for this it is the Dropdown box settings.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 03-22-2015, 05:56 AM

Thanks Shawn. This is my first attempt at coding. Can you point me in a direction to learn how to do that? If this were a phone or computer, is take the gamble, since it's my car, I'm a little more tentative. Haha
Old 03-22-2015, 06:00 AM

VO Code:

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on FEM_BODY (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE (not Code FDL).

Old 03-22-2015, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
VO Code:

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on FEM_BODY (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE (not Code FDL).
That sounds simple enough. I'll give it a shot.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:32 AM

So resetting FEM_BODY module was successful and reset the values back to default. I then went back in and set the following values again:

FEM_BODY->ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN = aktiv
FEM_BODY->ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN = aktiv

Perhaps there is a delay of 15-30 minutes for this change, but as of yet, the mirrors are still not auto-folding when using Comfort Access.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunole View Post
So resetting FEM_BODY module was successful and reset the values back to default. I then went back in and set the following values again:

FEM_BODY->ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN = aktiv
FEM_BODY->ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN = aktiv

Perhaps there is a delay of 15-30 minutes for this change, but as of yet, the mirrors are still not auto-folding when using Comfort Access.
There is no delay. After you reset it, did you verify KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA = aktiv was still coded?

Old 03-22-2015, 08:41 AM

Okay, so I just confirmed that it was also set. I think there may have been a misunderstanding about how this works on my end. I thought the mirrors would fold upon locking the doors with Comfort Access. It appears it does actually work when I hold my finger on the top of the door handle. Ideally, I'd like the mirrors to fold in whenever I'm leaving the car. This is a much better solution than none though! Thanks for your help Shawn.

-Shaun
Old 07-06-2015, 06:45 AM

Mein Auto: 420D
Have all the stuff needed to start coding my new F36 but......

Can't find the location of the ODBD connector in the car. Saw some pics on the internet pointing somewhere under my steering wheel, still I am not able to see it.
Does anyone have a hint or even better a picture where I can find it?

Thanks a million!
Old 07-06-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fransdevries View Post
Have all the stuff needed to start coding my new F36 but......

Can't find the location of the ODBD connector in the car. Saw some pics on the internet pointing somewhere under my steering wheel, still I am not able to see it.
Does anyone have a hint or even better a picture where I can find it?

Thanks a million!
It is under dash, near the Trunk Release.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:02 AM

Mein Auto: 420D
Thanks Shawn,
Now first will find it tonight then....gather the guts to actually code something :-(
Looking forward to it.