Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 10-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Mr Real Estate

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 535i Xdrive
New to BMW - considering this lease.

I am thinking about getting a 535 and just needed some guidance. My main question is the 535i xdrive and the 550i xdrive both with sport package are the same visually? I know the engine and some other things are different but just like the BMW E350 and E550 visually they are identical. Is this the case with the BMW?

I am shopping around now but probably won't do something until my current lease is up in late Jan so I know deals will be out there soon but right now this is what I am looking at and the quote I got.

For the car below 12,000 miles yr, 36 months, $0 down and fees up front (first month, bank fee, tax & dmv) is $695/month.

Just curious how that looks to any of the people a little more knowledgeable on here. Thanks.

535i xDrive Sedan
3.0 liter, 6-cylinder engine with TwinPower Turbo technology
xDrive, intelligent all-wheel drive
Base MSRP $55,400
Jet Black $0
Cinnamon Brown Dakota Leather $0
Anthracite Wood Trim $0
M Sport Package $2,900
Premium Package $1,500
Navigation system $1,900
Real Time Traffic Information $0
Park Distance Control $750
Rear-view camera $400
Online Information Services $0
Destination & Handling: $895
Total MSRP as Built $63,745
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 550 Msport
Different exhaust tips and badging are the only way to tell.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 E92 335i ED SP
OP have you considered doing ED and/or PCD? Also Greg Poland and Jon Shafer are great contacts about doing lease/purchases, both of them are on this forum just do a search and I'm certain you'll find many threads praising them. I know you're out in NY, but doing a trip out west, to europe, or to South Carolina for PCD may actually end up saving you some $.

2012 F10 535i | Alpine White | ZPP | ZSP | Tech | Lip Spoiler

Sold - 2007 E92 335i | Spark. Graph. | ZSP | 6 speed MT | Lip Spoiler
Old 10-05-2012, 01:16 PM

Mein Auto: See Sig
That lease sounds too good to be true, but then again you look like you are not rolling the taxes or fees into the lease - not sure why not but that is your business.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Mr Real Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by val3ntin3s View Post
OP have you considered doing ED and/or PCD? Also Greg Poland and Jon Shafer are great contacts about doing lease/purchases, both of them are on this forum just do a search and I'm certain you'll find many threads praising them. I know you're out in NY, but doing a trip out west, to europe, or to South Carolina for PCD may actually end up saving you some $.
I am sorry I don't know what PCD is? European delivery is ED I assume? Also it would have to be some serious savings to do that like $100/month on a lease which I doubt is possible. But maybe I am wrong? Also I am guessing maybe you are referring to purchase for something like this not a lease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6
That lease sounds too good to be true, but then again you look like you are not rolling the taxes or fees into the lease - not sure why not but that is your business.
I never liked rolling stuff like that in I just pay that stuff upfront but never any money down/cap cost reduction etc.

Also I am a real estate broker and I write things off like crazy espescially a lease and that is why I lease. Also about the deal. I was referred to this dealer by someone on the Mercedes forums when I got my Benz 3 years ago and the quote was too good to be true as well. Even my local dealer I usually go to was unable to come close and was $50 higher than my guy.

He is some sort of leasing broker if that makes sense, deals with all foreign cars..he is located in Brooklyn but I picked up the car from NJ. Not sure why his prices are always the best around. I am not sure which dealer he uses for the BMW but it will be in the NYC/NJ area. He is also able to have my Benz delivered with the windows tinted..none of my local dealers would do that or if they did it was going to be like 70% tint which is insane and basically clear and they would not go any darker. I go with 30% all around. Saves me a headache of getting it tinted on my own.

Also is it really a good deal? I think it may look like that because I am paying all upfront. Would probably be $5,000-$6,000 out of pocket? If all that was rolled into the payments you are looking at like $140-$150 more a month so $695 is the payment though he seems to think the deals will be getting better the next few months so I hope to get that payment lower.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 E92 335i ED SP
PCD - http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...ehicleDelivery
ED - http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...y/default.aspx

Both are available for leases/purchases highly recommend trying them.

2012 F10 535i | Alpine White | ZPP | ZSP | Tech | Lip Spoiler

Sold - 2007 E92 335i | Spark. Graph. | ZSP | 6 speed MT | Lip Spoiler
Old 10-05-2012, 05:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 535ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
it is if it were truly zero out of pocket.

OP- what is your out of pocket? its has to be a few Gs at least with that monthly.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Mr Real Estate

Im guessing around $5,000 out of pocket but I have to ask. I hardly ever ask any more since its just stuff I have to pay anyway - first month, bank fee, tax & dmv. I will find out though but basically all fees up front. There is no down payment/cap cost etc in there.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 535ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselNY View Post
Im guessing around $5,000 out of pocket but I have to ask. I hardly ever ask any more since its just stuff I have to pay anyway - first month, bank fee, tax & dmv. I will find out though but basically all fees up front. There is no down payment/cap cost etc in there.
yeah, that is a decent deal. you're leaving a little meat on the bone. keep chewing
Old 10-06-2012, 10:50 AM

Mein Auto: '14 M5 CP
Quote:
Originally Posted by val3ntin3s View Post
How does taking delivery at the PCD save money? I was unaware of this. I know pricing is different for ED, but didn't know that was the case for PCD.

Raj

'14 M5 CP
Black Sapphire | Black | Executive | Lighting | B&O | Exhaust Meister | 35% Llumar tint | Passport 9500ix

'13 X5 50i M Sport
Carbon Black | Black | M Perf | 20" 333M | Lux Seat | Active | Adaptive | Cold | Tech | Sound | Prem 2 | Apps
Black kidneys | 35% Llumar tint | Passport 9500ix

Retired:
'12 550xi, '11 335xis, '11 X5 50i, '08 BMW 535i, '08 BMW 335xic, '05 Audi S4, '02 Audi TT Coupe
Old 10-06-2012, 01:59 PM

Mein Auto: Acura TL
I believe he was saying that a board sponsor could be used which would probably save money (and proximity to the sponsor dealer wouldn't matter because delivery would be in SC).