Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-20-2013, 10:39 AM
fb88 fb88 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 620
Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive28i
2014 vs 2013 pricing

There is a $1,650 discount (and possibly additional $750 for BMW lease/apr cash ends 4/30 <-- assume this isn't avail for 2014 models) for 2013 models over 2014 based on carsdirect.com pricing.

Has anyone gotten below invoice for 2013?
There doesn't seem to be any changes in 2014 besides shuffles in the options.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 04-20-2013, 05:46 PM
eric9610 eric9610 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Irvine
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 213
Mein Auto: '13 X1 35
yes i got over 20% off on my MY13 35i compared to $500 over invoice on my '14 i ordered. I went with the '13...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-20-2013, 07:27 PM
aramosc aramosc is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 129
Mein Auto: Ordered: X1 sDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fb88 View Post
There is a $1,650 discount (and possibly additional $750 for BMW lease/apr cash ends 4/30 <-- assume this isn't avail for 2014 models) for 2013 models over 2014 based on carsdirect.com pricing.

Has anyone gotten below invoice for 2013?
There doesn't seem to be any changes in 2014 besides shuffles in the options.
I purchased a 2014 for 1400 under invoice after loyalty and college discounts.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-23-2013, 10:04 AM
X1LA X1LA is offline
Registered User
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i
I just ordered a 2014 for $1480 under invoice (that includes $750 Loyalty)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-27-2013, 08:31 PM
GvlBuckeye GvlBuckeye is offline
Registered User
Location: SC
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: FX35
Might be a dumb question but, where are you finding the invoice costs for the vehicles and options?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-27-2013, 08:34 PM
aramosc aramosc is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 129
Mein Auto: Ordered: X1 sDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GvlBuckeye View Post
Might be a dumb question but, where are you finding the invoice costs for the vehicles and options?
truecar.com or edmunds.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-27-2013, 09:02 PM
X1LA X1LA is offline
Registered User
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i
Bmwconfig.com also good. Click on configurator.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-29-2013, 10:46 PM
pbodifee pbodifee is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver BC
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 27
Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive2.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by X1LA View Post
I just ordered a 2014 for $1480 under invoice (that includes $750 Loyalty)
UNDER invoice? How did you manage to have them sell it to you at a loss?
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i
Past: 2010 BMW X3 xDrive28i, 2004 Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi, 2002 Volvo S60 D5, 1999 BMW 320i, 1998 Mercedes A190, 1996 Audi A4 Avant 1.9 TDi, 1993 VW Vento 1.8, 1990 Mitsubishi Galant 1.8 GLS, 1987 Audi 80 1.8S, 1978 Ford Taunus Coupe V6, 1976 Renault 6TL
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-30-2013, 08:57 AM
Michael Schott Michael Schott is offline
Moderator
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,065
Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbodifee View Post
UNDER invoice? How did you manage to have them sell it to you at a loss?
I don't know how he received such a good price but invoice is not what the dealer pays. There are incentives and holdbacks to the dealer that reduce what they actually pay for the vehicle. A good price to pay is generally $500.00 over invoice less any incentives like loyalty discounts.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-30-2013, 09:05 AM
X1LA X1LA is offline
Registered User
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i
Hi guys,

Yes, dealer invoice is not the true cost of the car. I can't imagine any dealer selling at a loss.

It wasn't too hard to get the price I got. I sent email queries to about six local dealers and some of them came back to me with initial offers that were already below invoice. The one I settled on was -730 below invoice. Then adding the $750 loyalty cash got me down to -$1480.

I'd love to say that I'm a spectacular negotiator, but i think it's more the fact that I live in an area (Los Angeles) where there are a lot of high volume dealers and competition is stiff. It also helps to make sure the dealer knows you've done your homework.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 PM
chefkahn chefkahn is offline
Registered User
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: X1, 128
Talking 2014 pricing

I was picking up my Mini Countryman S from the service department and went to look at the X1, because my wife had one as a loaner last week. I was in and out in 45 minutes. It's the end of the month... I got a 2014 for 2100 below invoice and got the 750 loyalty cash too. I had to get my daughter from school so they cleaned up the X1 and delivered it to our house at 9:45 tonight and signed the paperwork in about 10 minutes. I have to say it was the quickest deal and I didn't have to haggle. I said I want my payments to be this and I want that much for my Mini... Vista BMW in Coconut Creek, FL... I almost forgot, it helped that I did a quick credit app on my phone while I was waiting in service, so I had a approval in hand already.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:16 PM
pbodifee pbodifee is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver BC
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 27
Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive2.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by X1LA View Post
I'd love to say that I'm a spectacular negotiator, but i think it's more the fact that I live in an area (Los Angeles) where there are a lot of high volume dealers and competition is stiff. It also helps to make sure the dealer knows you've done your homework.
Ok, that makes sense. In the metro area where I live we have 5 dealers, but we have also lots of buyers with cash to burn (Asian millionaires) and driving around with a X5 or X6 with every imaginable option at 20mph is considered a cool status symbol. So a bloke who wants a X1 for a reasonable lease budget for family use is considered a fly on the sleeve...
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i
Past: 2010 BMW X3 xDrive28i, 2004 Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi, 2002 Volvo S60 D5, 1999 BMW 320i, 1998 Mercedes A190, 1996 Audi A4 Avant 1.9 TDi, 1993 VW Vento 1.8, 1990 Mitsubishi Galant 1.8 GLS, 1987 Audi 80 1.8S, 1978 Ford Taunus Coupe V6, 1976 Renault 6TL
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-01-2013, 12:42 AM
nospam nospam is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Orange County, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 455
Mein Auto: X1 x28i; 128i; S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbodifee View Post
In the metro area where I live we have 5 dealers, but we have also lots of buyers with cash to burn (Asian millionaires) and driving around with a X5 or X6 with every imaginable option at 20mph is considered a cool status symbol.
I can't condone your racial profiling...but I understand.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-01-2013, 05:29 AM
fb88 fb88 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 620
Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive28i
General question: If you walk into a dealership after 5pm then trying to buy and drive on the same day, don't you still have to wait till your insurance company has the new car on file?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-01-2013, 07:36 AM
pbodifee pbodifee is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver BC
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 27
Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive2.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
I can't condone your racial profiling...but I understand.
This has nothing to do with racial profiling. It is a fact of life here in Vancouver: they 'park' their money here.
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i
Past: 2010 BMW X3 xDrive28i, 2004 Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi, 2002 Volvo S60 D5, 1999 BMW 320i, 1998 Mercedes A190, 1996 Audi A4 Avant 1.9 TDi, 1993 VW Vento 1.8, 1990 Mitsubishi Galant 1.8 GLS, 1987 Audi 80 1.8S, 1978 Ford Taunus Coupe V6, 1976 Renault 6TL

Last edited by pbodifee; 05-01-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-01-2013, 07:58 AM
Michael Schott Michael Schott is offline
Moderator
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,065
Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fb88 View Post
General question: If you walk into a dealership after 5pm then trying to buy and drive on the same day, don't you still have to wait till your insurance company has the new car on file?
In Michigan you cannot take possession of a new car without having it being insured. I have a healthy skepticism about the post above. Never heard of anyone getting a price $2100.00 below invoice unless it was a year old car. My guess is if it happened he took a hit on the Mini trade.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-01-2013, 07:59 AM
X1LA X1LA is offline
Registered User
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i
FB88-

Generally you have 30 days to add your new car. But I usually call my insurance co while they're prepping the car, only take a few min to add it to the policy.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-01-2013, 08:00 AM
Michael Schott Michael Schott is offline
Moderator
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,065
Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbodifee View Post
This has nothing to do with racial profiling. It is a fact of life here in Vancouver: they 'park' their money here.
I too found your post to be at the least insensitive. This one is not much better.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-01-2013, 08:24 AM
floydarogers's Avatar
floydarogers floydarogers is offline
Pedant and Curmudgeon
Location: Renton, WA
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,520
Mein Auto: 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
I can't condone your racial profiling...but I understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
I too found your post to be at the least insensitive. This one is not much better.
You guys are reading too much into pbodifee's posts. Facts are facts. Here is a sample from the Seattle area: http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...scrash16m.html . Although the death of the woman is not germane, the general observation (reckless behavior, money, youth) of Asian is not.

And don't tell me I'm insensitive - my wife is Chinese-American.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:17 AM
pbodifee pbodifee is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver BC
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 27
Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive2.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
You guys are reading too much into pbodifee's posts. Facts are facts. Here is a sample from the Seattle area: http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...scrash16m.html . Although the death of the woman is not germane, the general observation (reckless behavior, money, youth) of Asian is not.

And don't tell me I'm insensitive - my wife is Chinese-American.
Spend a week on Metro Vancouver streets and you will understand what I wrote.
Then go visit a BMW dealer here and find out there is hardly a willingness to haggle. That was my point.
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i
Past: 2010 BMW X3 xDrive28i, 2004 Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi, 2002 Volvo S60 D5, 1999 BMW 320i, 1998 Mercedes A190, 1996 Audi A4 Avant 1.9 TDi, 1993 VW Vento 1.8, 1990 Mitsubishi Galant 1.8 GLS, 1987 Audi 80 1.8S, 1978 Ford Taunus Coupe V6, 1976 Renault 6TL
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 AM
nospam nospam is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Orange County, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 455
Mein Auto: X1 x28i; 128i; S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
You guys are reading too much into pbodifee's posts. Facts are facts. Here is a sample from the Seattle area: http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...scrash16m.html . Although the death of the woman is not germane, the general observation (reckless behavior, money, youth) of Asian is not.

And don't tell me I'm insensitive - my wife is Chinese-American.
You are insensitive.

What does reckless behavior, money, & youth have to do with being Asian?

The original comment was regarding Asians driving luxury cars at 1/2 of the speed limit, not recklessly speeding.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:23 AM
pbodifee pbodifee is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver BC
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 27
Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive2.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
You are insensitive.

What does reckless behavior, money, & youth have to do with being Asian?

The original comment was regarding Asians driving luxury cars at 1/2 of the speed limit, not recklessly speeding.
Ok guys stop it. The original comment was left out in the quote. It is about rich Asians spending lots on cars here in Vancouver. The BMWs are actually owned by the least rich millionaires
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i
Past: 2010 BMW X3 xDrive28i, 2004 Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi, 2002 Volvo S60 D5, 1999 BMW 320i, 1998 Mercedes A190, 1996 Audi A4 Avant 1.9 TDi, 1993 VW Vento 1.8, 1990 Mitsubishi Galant 1.8 GLS, 1987 Audi 80 1.8S, 1978 Ford Taunus Coupe V6, 1976 Renault 6TL
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-01-2013, 06:31 PM
chefkahn chefkahn is offline
Registered User
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: X1, 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
In Michigan you cannot take possession of a new car without having it being insured. I have a healthy skepticism about the post above. Never heard of anyone getting a price $2100.00 below invoice unless it was a year old car. My guess is if it happened he took a hit on the Mini trade.
To clarify... Walk into your dealer on the last day of the month and it's all about the number of units they sold for the month. Vista claims to be the largest BMW dealer in the US... It's all about the numbers for them. And we are repeat buyers, my wife drives a 128. It's all about timing. When e bought the 128, it was the last day in August '12 and BMW was pushing demos out the door... 5K miles = 6K off msrp. There was a big deal about it because BMW wanted to make sure they took top Luxury brand spot

In Florida you have 30 days to transfer insurance to a replacement car. I called my ins co. today to transfer coverage and the wouldn't come up yet in the system. The build date is 03/13

In any case, I love Mini's and BMW's... The way they drive, feel and safe...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Ex-One Ex-One is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Louisiana
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 188
Mein Auto: RX-8
2014 vs 2013 pricing

Last day in a quarter will always be best deal day for one off the lot.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Michael Schott Michael Schott is offline
Moderator
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,065
Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefkahn View Post
To clarify... Walk into your dealer on the last day of the month and it's all about the number of units they sold for the month. Vista claims to be the largest BMW dealer in the US... It's all about the numbers for them. And we are repeat buyers, my wife drives a 128. It's all about timing. When e bought the 128, it was the last day in August '12 and BMW was pushing demos out the door... 5K miles = 6K off msrp. There was a big deal about it because BMW wanted to make sure they took top Luxury brand spot

In Florida you have 30 days to transfer insurance to a replacement car. I called my ins co. today to transfer coverage and the wouldn't come up yet in the system. The build date is 03/13

In any case, I love Mini's and BMW's... The way they drive, feel and safe...
Thank you for the clarification. Congrats on the new X1.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms