Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 10-06-2012, 03:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i Sport Wagon
New Toy!

Long time since I've been here - car ownership has been kind of static for the last couple of years.

But just rolled home in a 2012 328i Sports Wagon. My better half was a little sad to see her 2008 328i sedan left behind at the dealership, but otherwise she's tickled pink! She's always had a soft spot for wagons for some odd reason.

This was a BMW NA car, so it's got a few miles on it, but it's a major upgrade as far as features go from the 2008. No doubt I'll be spending some time digging through the manuals for the next few days . . .

Last edited by chewie37; 10-06-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: more detail on the old car
Ads by Google
Old 10-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Congrats! In case you haven't read here already - chicks dig wagons.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 10-06-2012, 04:12 PM

Only been a few hours since the deal, but some extremely subjective opinions so far. While the outside dimensions are awfully close between the 2008 sedan and the 2012 wagon, something about the 2012 just feels "different". I know the wagon weighs a little more, but otherwise things are "close enough" that it's not much different. But that's also from the passenger seat - for some odd reason I didn't get a lot of wheel time on the '08, and I don't think it's going to change much on the '12. Could be the weight, the really tiny difference in overall body length, subtle difference in the rear wheel track, or the (assumed) advances in run-flat technology ('08 had Bridgestones, not sure of the '12 - wife is out tooling around at the moment.) In any case, I'm much more comfortable in the passenger seat - I don't feel like I"m getting "hobby horsed" around as much.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Congrats! In case you haven't read here already - chicks dig wagons.

What's the target date for BMW's van premier?
Old 10-07-2012, 03:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 328IX Sportwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie37 View Post
Only been a few hours since the deal, but some extremely subjective opinions so far. While the outside dimensions are awfully close between the 2008 sedan and the 2012 wagon, something about the 2012 just feels "different". I know the wagon weighs a little more, but otherwise things are "close enough" that it's not much different. But that's also from the passenger seat - for some odd reason I didn't get a lot of wheel time on the '08, and I don't think it's going to change much on the '12. Could be the weight, the really tiny difference in overall body length, subtle difference in the rear wheel track, or the (assumed) advances in run-flat technology ('08 had Bridgestones, not sure of the '12 - wife is out tooling around at the moment.) In any case, I'm much more comfortable in the passenger seat - I don't feel like I"m getting "hobby horsed" around as much.
I know what you mean, I love my Sportwagon. I don't care what some haters say! I know it's not the fastest (153mph so far) or that it corners the best of the 3ers but I think I have some of both worlds. I have carried lots of stuff in the back already with the seats down and the divider out it is surprising large. I picked up my new set tires and rims at the mail room, the guys there couldn't believe I got the whole set of tires in the car and three people also. One split-side seat was down. It really does suit my needs! I changed to go flat tires Coni DWS and the ride is so much smoother and quieter. I was running performance tires which I will reinstall in the spring they are well suited for the high speed driving here in Germany. Enjoy your new ride it is a great one!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:30 AM

Now a full set of wheels and 3 people is impressive! Things will probably be a bit more mundane here in Florida - basic grocery getter, road trip car and dog transporter. Oddly enough, it's that last bit that I think will be most practical. The dogs are getting a little older and getting them in to my 4x4 truck is starting to get a little challenging for them. So the low entry through the back doors of the wagon should be a bit easier for them. Plus they'll have a bit more room too. And I'm really digging how the roller cover can be moved around to block off the front seats with the cargo net. One of the mutts really likes to come up in between the front seats - little impractical while driving. Not to mention the unbelievable amounts of doggie drool that gets all over everything . . .