Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Acura RL
So pick up is Monday. What should I expect as far as CA review of systems, obviously, 2 remotes, but are there other items that a new vehicle has that may have found a new home.
2 other questions: does the Tpms display actual pressure #, and is there a pass code for address book/ home etc for the nav,ie valet parking etc.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:48 AM

Thoughts after first day.
Love the color combination, M package adds a definite aggressive flair.
The vehicle is tight and solid, everything opens and closes with a purpose.
Rides great, very taught, but not jarring even in sport mode. Drive select enables very distinct and perceptible changes in shift and suspension.
Seats are very comfortable, although surprised that they do not slide back after engine is shut off for easier ingress/egress.
Need to recalibrate my sensation of speed, car is in the zone at 80 +, not 70+ like Acura RL.
HUD is very cool, really like the nav directions, really wish it worked with polarized sunglasses.
Ambiance lighting is nice on the doors, but I do not notice anything in the footwells, or from the overhead console.
Had ASS reprogrammed and it now is default off.
idrive is fairly easy to use, cannot see the nav button on the armrest, but know it is just up and to the right.
TPMS is old fashioned in that it does not read out actual pressure.
Concerned that there is no security feature to limit access to phone book and destinations/home address etc when valet.
Is there a way to store a select number of contacts, or phone numbers?
Acura had 2 ways to call a number, could use phonebook ala idrive, or could store # in handsfree link, and hit dial button, use voice command "call home etc" and it would dial, not sure if this is the same on the 5.
Need to play with Apps, and Connectdrive.
Any insider tips would be great.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:17 AM

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kssod View Post
Seats are very comfortable, although surprised that they do not slide back after engine is shut off for easier ingress/egress.

HUD is very cool, really like the nav directions, really wish it worked with polarized sunglasses.

BIG +1

Congrats on the new car, hopefully we will see some pics soon...
Old 10-17-2012, 08:44 AM

Can't seem to figure out how to post pics from iPad
Old 10-17-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Can't seem to figure out how to post pics from iPad
You have to go to advanced options, and manage attachments.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:30 AM

Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
Through coding you can acertain the TPMS pressure and I believe each tire's temperature as well. These values are displayed in the iDrive screen under vehicle status.

There are major coding threads in the 5-series forum.

Last edited by Ace535i; 10-17-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:17 PM

Also noticed that the panic feature/button when held down for 3 or more sec does not activate the panic alarm. When pressed briefly the courtesy lights do come on. Is my alarm set when I lock the car? What's up with the butto not triggering the alarm?
Old 10-17-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Also noticed that the panic feature/button when held down for 3 or more sec does not activate the panic alarm. When pressed briefly the courtesy lights do come on. Is my alarm set when I lock the car? What's up with the butto not triggering the alarm?
Read the manual, by design I believe.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:27 PM

Manual states should activate alarm if held down for greater than 3 sec