Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 04-25-2013, 02:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 bmw 530xi
A program that improves your bmw.

there is a program that you can download from the internet and it will turn your day running lights off, make your navigator slot play dvds, allow you to open and close your windows. Would anyone happen to know that program.
Ads by Google
Old 04-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 535i + 535XI wagon
There are different kinds, but NCS Expert is widely used.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:49 PM
USAF Pararescue Veteran

Mein Auto: 2008 550i
The above will allow you to turn your DRLs on and off, and allow your windows to go up and down with the key fob. However, your car is not capable of DVD in motion, you need to have CIC NAV for that (2009.5 and up cars only).

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Old 04-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Propellers Up Front

Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
Yep, here's a relatively new link. Once you start coding a BMW you'll never stop as in every new bmw you get, you'll try to see what coding is available.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=678446
Old 04-25-2013, 03:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 535i XDrive
This title made it seem like you just created something great that you were going to share with all of us hahaha
Old 04-25-2013, 09:51 PM

Mein Auto: honda civic
I turned off DRL from iDrive, does it not?
Old 04-25-2013, 10:54 PM
USAF Pararescue Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post
I turned off DRL from iDrive, does it not?
Pre-LCI cars do not have this feature. Only LCI cars do. Pre-LCI needs to be coded for on/off DRL

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Old 04-26-2013, 06:35 AM

Anybody doing this in the LA area? There are a few things I'd like to get changed on my car, like the welcome lights, auto roll-up, auto mirror fold, etc. I'll buy the beer!!!

Keith
Old 04-26-2013, 08:11 AM
USAF Pararescue Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfamily View Post
Anybody doing this in the LA area? There are a few things I'd like to get changed on my car, like the welcome lights, auto roll-up, auto mirror fold, etc. I'll buy the beer!!!

Keith
Well hell, for beer I am in. I am looking into this currently, there are a few things I want coded as well. Unfortunately, my buddy who was an expert at this has left the country, but I am building a laptop for this purpose. If you're interested (and the beer's cold), let me know.

2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Old 04-26-2013, 09:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjinca View Post
Pre-LCI cars do not have this feature. Only LCI cars do. Pre-LCI needs to be coded for on/off DRL
my car is a pre-LCI 2007 530i, i just flip the switch for the lights and the DRLs go off.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Manual
I have coding done on my car and i believ BMW should have had these features already enabled on our cars SMH. The window roll up and down with mirror folding is one of the best. When i park i like to fold my mirrors because people tend to bump into them. The digital speed in the bottom screen is good also, it shows your exact speed you are traveling.

2008 BMW 550i Carbon Schwartz Metallic, 6 Speed Manual, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Active Steering, Sat and HD Radio, Navigation, Comfort Seats and custom coding. Mods - 20 Watt AE, LED License plate lights and HID Fogs, StopTech drilled rotors.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:40 AM
USAF Pararescue Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR4LIFE View Post
I have coding done on my car and i believ BMW should have had these features already enabled on our cars SMH. The window roll up and down with mirror folding is one of the best. When i park i like to fold my mirrors because people tend to bump into them. The digital speed in the bottom screen is good also, it shows your exact speed you are traveling.
I agree, there are so many options that were in the software from 2004 that just didn't have the modules and hardware to make use of it. Like AE as DRL, Auto Fold mirrors, and real timeTraffic info. We should at least have the option of turning these things on/off without needing programming. No, instead the closing the windows and sunroof with key fob was only standard in Europe, the AE as DRL is only possible in cars with LM2 module (09/2006 builds and up), RTT was not available until 2007.1 and up NAV discs. Doesn't really make sense.

2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Old 04-26-2013, 09:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Manual
Quote:
I agree, there are so many options that were in the software from 2004 that just didn't have the modules and hardware to make use of it. Like AE as DRL, Auto Fold mirrors, and real timeTraffic info. We should at least have the option of turning these things on/off without needing programming. No, instead the closing the windows and sunroof with key fob was only standard in Europe, the AE as DRL is only possible in cars with LM2 module (09/2006 builds and up), RTT was not available until 2007.1 and up NAV discs. Doesn't really make sense.
I think they would of sold even more cars with the features they left out. So much cool stuff is hidden to the owner. Here are a few:

•Disable seat belt reminder gong for when you don't have seat belt on.
•Enable closing of windows and sunroof with the key fob.
•Enable unlocking of the doors when the engine is shut off (won't have to pull the door handle twice).
•Allow one touch close operation of the windows while the door is open.
•Enable folding and unfolding of the mirrors with the key fob.
•Disable iDrive legal disclaimer on startup.
•Disable warnings for backup and top cameras (X5 & X6)
•Enable Side View Cameras on at all speeds (F30 only).
•Enable showing tire pressure and temperature in PDC screen (F series only).
•Enable Power/Torque screen on iDrive (F series only).
•Add an option for British English. Sounds very different and more clear than "American" English.
•Select your language from a choice of around 15. Unfortunately none of the Asian languages are avilable.
•Set the Automatic Start-Stop (A.S.S) to off by default on F series. Can be turned on if desired so.
•Remove front amber marker Amber corned delete: turn off amber corner light when headlights or parking lights are on.
•Enable additional "welcome lights" such as fog lights. These are the lights that come on when you unlock the car.
•Double blinking ("Euro-style") emergency lights (2007+ only). On most cars this works only with the ignition on), example
•Fog lights stay on with the high beams.
•Switch DRL on E90 and E91 from inner halogen bulb to the Angel Eyes (2007+ sedans only).
•Make the rear fog lights work in tandem with brake lights. Normally the rear fog lights come on only during heavy braking.
•Disable angel eye dimming on 3 series coupes and 1 series. The AE's will always be at 100%.
•Use fog lights as cornering lights on coupes and M3's example.
•Disable “key in ignition” gong. That's when the ignition is off but the key is still in the car.
•Add the digital speedometer to non-M cars (V=## mph) in addition to the existing options, example video.
•Remove the "correction" on digital speedometer, it'll show the "real" speed but the two speedometers will not match example.
•Add instantaneous digital MPG gauge to the M cars in addition to the existing options.
•Have the cluster backlight work at all times on non-M cars (M-style).
•Adjust low gas warning on M3's from coming on at 1/8th of tank, instead of 1/4th.
•Read and clear BMW-specific codes for engine, transmission, restraint, accessories and such.
•Have the windshield wipers complete the cycle and park when you shut the car off.

2008 BMW 550i Carbon Schwartz Metallic, 6 Speed Manual, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Active Steering, Sat and HD Radio, Navigation, Comfort Seats and custom coding. Mods - 20 Watt AE, LED License plate lights and HID Fogs, StopTech drilled rotors.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:58 AM

Thank you very much for your help.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:05 PM

I purchased the BMW cables and it is driving me nuts to work. It took about 12 hrs to download all of the features. Once downloaded nothing seem to work. Can anyone in the 5 boors of NYC hook up with me and show me how to use this program to code my car. I will very much appreciate it.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:41 PM

Mein Auto: 528xi, w/Spt, Nav, PP, CW
I'll keep the programming in my ride, original. Who needs program problems.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Propellers Up Front

Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerstien View Post
There aren't too many problems that I hear about, but it is good to keep the cars original file to revert to whenever you're trying to sell. Then again who wouldn't want those cool features, some of which should be standard like rolling the windows up with the key fob. That's probably the number one mod programmers seek.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:50 PM
USAF Pararescue Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerstien View Post
There are no problems that arise from programming, other than user error. The features that you can enable/disable are all already part of the software - it's basically just hitting the light switch to turn things on or off.

2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Old 05-14-2013, 08:06 PM

Mein Auto: '09 AW 535i
Quote:
There are no problems that arise from programming, other than user error. The features that you can enable/disable are all already part of the software - it's basically just hitting the light switch to turn things on or off.
+1

Oh yeah. I just got my D-Can cable and downloaded NCSExpert.

2009 AW 535i
-Sport, Premium Package, and Comfort Access

-20" Forgestar F14 Black Gloss, custom Cobb E30 map, Dr Euro DP's, KW V2 CO's, Remus Sport Exhaust, BMS DCI, RPI Scoop, Full Front 3M PPF, 35% tint all-around, Orion V4's, Bruce v6.1L cables, LED interior lights, WeissLicht License Plate LED, Trinity Smoked LED side markers, Bimmian Smoked Reflectors, OEM black gloss grills, and Invisibulb turn bulbs.