Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:57 PM

Mein Auto: Corvette
Thumbs down 535i

Car has been sitting and through customs since the 1st of October at the VDC...unless there is damage to the car why would they be holding up a sold unit? They say they make every effort to get sold units out first! I guess not in this case.........car has been at port since the early morning of the 27th of Sept. called the VDC but would not give us any info on status......why not is it a trade secret on the status of our car......
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
Is this a re-delivery (did you do European delivery)? If so, it can take longer to get through customs than a brand new vehicle. There could be a service campaign on that vehicle, and they wanted to complete it before delivery. Your dealer should be able to get more info than you can, call him if you haven't.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 PM

Mein Auto: Corvette
535i GT

Thanks for the info jadnashuanh...it cleared customs on the 1st......must be a lot of sold units to hold it up or as you say ther may be a service campaign going on.....anyway it is still frustrating as dealer has no info either other than to say it is in process.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
If it's a redelivery and not new direct from the factory, it has to not only pass customs, but may get singled out for a more thorough inspection (drugs, bugs, etc.) that may have gotten introduced while you had it in Europe. That can slow things down.