Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Don't be a hammer

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d
eco credit

If the eco credit has expired or been changed between the time you order your X5 and the time it arrives, which credit applies? The one offered at the time of ordering or delivery? When I ordered my X535d, the $4500 eco credit applied, but I'm hearing that it might expire before I take delivery. I'm assuming that the dealer will honor the $4500 credit, correct?

thanks in advance.
Ads by Google
Old 09-02-2012, 06:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35d
Same here! When is it due to expire?
Old 09-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Don't be a hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneM View Post
Same here! When is it due to expire?
Tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 Sonata
I ordered my X5 35D a few weeks ago. I put a deposit down and signed a purchase agreement. It has the price of the vehicle with all of my credits already baked in but not specifically called out. I don't "close" on the car until next weekend. Is that going to be a problem? The car has already been built and is awaiting performance center delivery.

Is this credit really something that the dealer already got for every car they "bought" from BMW? When we were looking at the dealer demo, the price already had the credit baked in. It didn't line item that. They just said it was already in there. That was when we decided to buy new for sure. They wanted as much for the demo as I could get for the car brand new, and that demo looked like it had been road hard for it's 2,500 miles.

Edit:
I've sent a note to my sales guy. We'll see what he says. Everything I have shows the reduced price and never once calls out any credit. I'll let you know tomorrow when I talk to him. I sure hope they are open tomorrow. I've been so excited about this car. I would totally walk away from it though if they took my $4,500 credit away.

Last edited by TheGeekNextDoor; 09-02-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Note sent to sales guy
Old 09-03-2012, 11:28 AM

Got off the phone with my BMW dealership. Still not comfortable with whether or not the $4,500 eco credit will be honored when I pay next week. Told them I would be willing to come in today if necessary and finalize everything. No big deal. It's not a lease. If I start paying for it two weeks before I take delivery, it wouldn't be the end of the world. What would be horrible is to have to walk away from the car after lusting after it for 3 weeks since ordering it. I'll let you know what I hear from them in the next hour or so. I plan on going down there to actually pay for it today if I don't hear anything from them.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:18 PM

Just talked to the finance person at the dealership. My credit is locked in. But the fact that I ordered it 3 weeks ago is not what locked it in. She had to do something with BMW today to finalize the credit (at least that is what she said). I'm surprised that they really weren't sure to begin with.

If you think that just because you ordered it when the credit was valid, you are going to get the credit, your mileage may vary. Seems like the dealership still has to do something else to truly lock it in. If you have a car on order that you have not "paid" for, you may want to give your dealership a call and or go visit them. I feel comfortable now that I will get my credit.

Thanks for starting this thread. I may have not gotten my credit had I not followed up on this. Now that being said, the new eco credit (if one exists) will probably be for $10,000 and I won't be able to get it! LOL
Old 09-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Don't be a hammer

I'm surprised they were open on Labor Day. My dealership is closed. I'll obviously be calling them first thing in the morning.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X5 35D
If you fill out a credit app, it guarantees the better incentive whether it goes up or down. That is what the dealer told me at least. I would be surprised if they don't extend the eco-credit though. They actually increased it between the time I ordered mine and it arrived (June to July).
Old 09-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Don't be a hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Alot View Post
If you fill out a credit app, it guarantees the better incentive whether it goes up or down. That is what the dealer told me at least. I would be surprised if they don't extend the eco-credit though. They actually increased it between the time I ordered mine and it arrived (June to July).
No credit app on my deal, it's a cash deal.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:29 AM
Don't be a hammer

Eco credit extended through October 1.

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...regiontypeid=3
Old 09-04-2012, 05:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35d
Don't forget another $500 discount

http://www.ultimatedriveapp.com/
Old 09-04-2012, 06:51 AM

Thanks for pointing out the updated offer. Makes me feel even better knowing the credit is still there.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Don't be a hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekNextDoor View Post
Thanks for pointing out the updated offer. Makes me feel even better knowing the credit is still there.
You and me both. I was not looking forward to a potential fight about my deal, and I'm relieved because I really want the car but would have had to walk away if the credit was off the table.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:19 PM

Mein Auto: X5 xDrive 35D
In order to get the $4500 diesel Eco credit, I DON'T have to use BMW financial services for financing, correct?

I'm planning on using another lender because I can get a better interest rate (1.49% for 60 months) versus whas BMWFS is now offering (3.29% for 60 months).
Old 10-07-2012, 01:13 PM

You can use whatever loan company you want. 1.49% is awesome! That's hardly a loan.

Last edited by TheGeekNextDoor; 10-07-2012 at 01:16 PM.