Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 10-07-2012, 10:44 PM

Mein Auto: 06 330i
what the hell is going on my with car

i have a 06 330i that i bought about 2 months ago. within the first month i had to replace the water pump that went bad. just last week i was on the interstate coming home and everything in the car glitched for a split second. scared the hell outta me. anyways everything came back on right away and i got off at the next exit. when i was pulling over i smelled something that smelled like something was burning. so i drove it home kus i had no other choice. the next monring i was headed to work and and got a block down the road and the car was shaking bad. i pulled over and turned it off. i went to start it again and the car took a little bit to start. when i started i went to give it some gas and it would barley move. 5mph tops. so i parked the car had a tow truck take it to the bmw service center and they ran some test on it. they checked to compression and that was fine. they think my timing is off but there not sure. so just for them to check its 800$. does anyone have any idea what might be the problem? anything would be appreciated

thanks
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
If your car has 4 doors, you`re in the wrong forum, and you belong in the E90 Forum, not the E46 Forum.

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 10-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 325i
Not to thread jack but it would be a great idea to put a picture of an E46 at the top of the E46 forum so people could easily see the difference between models. Just put a generic picture of all the different models and the top of their respective forum and it might solve so confusion for newbies and I think it would look cool. Any one else think that's a good idea?