Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 10-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 335xi coupe
Is ED pricing different now than it was back in 2010

I did 2 ED's. One in 2008 and one in 2010. And the way the pricing was structured was a ED price on the car as well as ED pricing on the option. Then the dealer added $1000 and that was it. This time around I got ED pricing on the car but not with a discount on the options. Is that how it is this time
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2012, 08:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 535i.F30 335i
I'm not exactly sure of what the rule is but I know I got ED invoice price for the car as well as options. Use bmwconfig.com, it show you the invoice and the msrp.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: 2014 550i xDrive M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler View Post
I did 2 ED's. One in 2008 and one in 2010. And the way the pricing was structured was a ED price on the car as well as ED pricing on the option. Then the dealer added $1000 and that was it. This time around I got ED pricing on the car but not with a discount on the options. Is that how it is this time
Car = ED Invoice + Dealer Profit
Options = US Invoice, which is the same price as ED Invoice (i.e., options are not discounted for ED)

BMWConfig is accurate.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:36 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheikh82 View Post
I'm not exactly sure of what the rule is but I know I got ED invoice price for the car as well as options. Use bmwconfig.com, it show you the invoice and the msrp.
Is anyone else having problems accessing bmwconfig? I think I read a post a couple of days ago that said the site was down. Today I've been trying to access it with no success. What worries me is a post by Jon Shafer on a thread early in the year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
Somebody else should create a new start-up. Don't use the BMW name at all, though, as BMW will not allow it once they become aware.

How about "BIMMERCONFIG.COM"?

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
Old 10-12-2012, 07:50 AM

Mein Auto: Infiniti G37s
Just ensure you're not charged MSRP on options. I used bmwconfig and my CA was straight up and gave me exactly +$500 on the #'s.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 535iX GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbuc View Post
Is anyone else having problems accessing bmwconfig? I think I read a post a couple of days ago that said the site was down. Today I've been trying to access it with no success.
I was able to access it a little earlier this morning, using Mac / Safari / Silverlight. Did not work on Mac / Firefox.

Firefox flags Silverlight as a known security / stability risk and disables it, where Safari let's it run until it fails. Probably a tragic choice on the part of the website developer to choose Silverlight....

2010 535i: Deep Sea Blue | Natural Brown | ED: 6-Aug-2009 | 2013 535iX GT: Neptune Blue | Venetian Beige | ED: 31-Aug-2012
Old 10-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimiClyde View Post
I was able to access it a little earlier this morning, using Mac / Safari / Silverlight. Did not work on Mac / Firefox.

Firefox flags Silverlight as a known security / stability risk and disables it, where Safari let's it run until it fails. Probably a tragic choice on the part of the website developer to choose Silverlight....
I'm using PC/Chrome and have been able to open it in the past.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
Old 10-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

I just discovered the bmwconfig spot on facebook and found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwConfig
13 hours ago
bmwconfig.com has been down for a few hours already... The host is working on fixing the server ASAP...
So the good news is that it may be just a temporary problem......

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos: