Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: F31 320d sport
F31 Headlights upgrade

Hi all, I didn't have the money for LED headlights and am sadly disappointed with the standard halogens, I have adjusted them to actually light up the road but not shine in car windows (something bmw refused to do) can anyone tell me the best lamps to install without paying silly money. The BMW "sport lightbulbs" are 50 a pair which is ok but are they better than internet ones for 20? Or should I go down the HID road?
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2017, 02:34 AM
Extended Euro Delivery

Mein Auto: M4
Please....for the sake of every other driver on the road, do NOT install HIDs in a standard halogen light assembly.

I see STIs with them and I just want to give them all the bird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 M4//B67//ZDB//ZEP//ZEC//2MK//2VF//2VZ//403//688//
Old 01-01-2017, 01:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 Glacier Silver 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerrog View Post
Hi all, I didn't have the money for LED headlights and am sadly disappointed with the standard halogens, I have adjusted them to actually light up the road but not shine in car windows (something bmw refused to do) can anyone tell me the best lamps to install without paying silly money. The BMW "sport lightbulbs" are 50 a pair which is ok but are they better than internet ones for 20? Or should I go down the HID road?
There are many many prior threads on alternatives to the halogen bulbs. Please use search and read through those.

There are several halogen bulbs that provide a brighter whiter light but at the cost of high operating temperature and short life. In my experience they do not light up more roadway and they run hot enough to melt insulation. Sylvania Silverstar is an example.

What do you want the headlights to do that they are not now doing.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:43 AM
Extended Euro Delivery

Mein Auto: M4
^^^Look like something they aren't!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 M4//B67//ZDB//ZEP//ZEC//2MK//2VF//2VZ//403//688//
Old 01-02-2017, 07:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 Glacier Silver 328i
That is what I was thinking.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:53 AM

Mein Auto: F31 320d sport
I am 61 and quite happy with the size of my dick, so I am not interested in what they look like, or any other posing / go faster related aspects, and do not feel the need to try and impress you with how many other go faster cars I have owned. I do a lot of night driving in the winter and am interested in improving the romantic glow that currently falls out of the front of the car to form a pool of light 25meters ahead leaving the road in total darkness. My dealer says they are set to max legal elevation (which I simply dont believe) so I have, as I said in my op adjusted them to shine further without dazzling other road users but would be hapier fitting brighter lights (easy to be wise after the event). I know that brighter lights burn hotter and have a shorter life, which is no good to me, that is why I ask if the BMW ones are better as they are so expensive.

Last edited by Bikerrog; 01-03-2017 at 02:35 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2017 VW GTI Sport MT
Your questions have been answered. You can upgrade to the BMW HID lights but this requires a lot of parts, work and expense. As suggested, this is a very common question and a search will answer any questions you have.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search