Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 10-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
The Ultimate Drive App Now on Facebook!

Jon Shafer
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by Jon Shafer

BMW The Ultimate Drive App Now on Facebook

BMW's 'The Ultimate Drive App' is now on Facebook! In addition to this loyalty incentive, the app allows you to connect with other BMW driving enthusiasts and discover the best roads from around the world.
  • Thousands of driver-rated roads from around the world.
  • Find favorite roads within your area.
  • Customizable maps to help log your drives.
  • Facebook and email sharing.
  • Special add-ons for BMW Driving Club members.

https://apps.facebook.com/theultimatedrive/

Check it out!

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"

Last edited by tim330i; 10-11-2012 at 11:32 AM..
This article has been viewed 19350 times.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:59 AM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
I do not load apps, but I found this road from reading the Boxster S article in C&D. It's called the Tail of the Dragon, just so happen I will be around there in mid October to photograph the autumn colors in Great Smoky Mtn Nat Park as part of my northern USA road trip. Life is great when you don't have to go to work.

http://www.tailofthedragonmaps.com/

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 10-11-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
A little more background information for you:

Over a year ago, BMW Financial Services launched The Ultimate Drive smartphone app for iPhone and Android, which lets you find millions of miles of user-suggested driving routes and receive special discounts for BMW FS (U.S. customers only). Today, we've made the app available to an even wider audience with a standalone Facebook app -- The Ultimate Drive for Facebook. Anyone who has a Facebook account can now access our free app from their computer! In addition to making The Ultimate Drive App available to all Facebook users (more than a billion people!), BMW Financial Services has also extended the voucher program previously available via mobile app only. Now mobile and Facebook users can claim vouchers worth up to $700 off the first finance or lease payment on a new 2012 or 2013 BMW by simply scheduling a test drive within the app and ordering between now and December 31, 2012.

Here are the voucher amounts available and how they match up with the different BMW models:

• $300 Off Voucher - 3 Series, 1 Series, X1, X3 and Z4 (all trims, including M models)
• $500 Off Voucher - 5 Series, 5 Series Gran Turismo and X5 (all trims, including M models)
• $700 Off Voucher - 7 Series, 6 Series, 6 Series Gran Coupe and X6 (all trims, including M models)

This is the first time a captive automotive finance company has offered a Facebook app for this purpose.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Gold Chariot

Mein Auto: 1986 BMW E30 318i
Wont work for me Says its restricted or something.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Bimmerfest Founder

Please note: you must be a current BMWFS Customer to participate in this program..
Old 10-18-2012, 09:20 AM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
A little more background information for you:

Over a year ago, BMW Financial Services launched The Ultimate Drive smartphone app for iPhone and Android, which lets you find millions of miles of user-suggested driving routes and receive special discounts for BMW FS (U.S. customers only). Today, we've made the app available to an even wider audience with a standalone Facebook app -- The Ultimate Drive for Facebook. Anyone who has a Facebook account can now access our free app from their computer! In addition to making The Ultimate Drive App available to all Facebook users (more than a billion people!), BMW Financial Services has also extended the voucher program previously available via mobile app only. Now mobile and Facebook users can claim vouchers worth up to $700 off the first finance or lease payment on a new 2012 or 2013 BMW by simply scheduling a test drive within the app and ordering between now and December 31, 2012.

Here are the voucher amounts available and how they match up with the different BMW models:

• $300 Off Voucher - 3 Series, 1 Series, X1, X3 and Z4 (all trims, including M models)
• $500 Off Voucher - 5 Series, 5 Series Gran Turismo and X5 (all trims, including M models)
• $700 Off Voucher - 7 Series, 6 Series, 6 Series Gran Coupe and X6 (all trims, including M models)

This is the first time a captive automotive finance company has offered a Facebook app for this purpose.
Jon - Thank you for posting this. I had thought I had seen something like that (and may have even have downloaded the app) but did not realize it could be used in conjunction with the 750 loyalty program. I am a current BMW financial services client. Does this REQUIRE a custom build order or would a purchase at a dealership also be viewed as a "order"/sale? Signing up for test drive tomorrow if that is the case!

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)

Last edited by ndabunka; 10-18-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Jon - Thank you for posting this. I had thought I had seen something like that (and may have even have downloaded the app) but did not realize it could be used in conjunction with the 750 loyalty program. I am a current BMW financial services client. Does this REQUIRE a custom build order or would a purchase at a dealership also be viewed as a "order"/sale? Signing up for test drive tomorrow if that is the case!
Custom order is not a requirement...

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 10-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Z4 M coupe, F07 550i GT

Mein Auto: Z4MCoupe, 550 GT, 840Ci
Any chance this will apply to the F31?
I'm guessing "no", since it won't launch in the US until after the current 12/31/12 Ultimate Drive deadline.