Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)

F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)
The all new 3rd generation 6 series coupe (F13) and convertible (F12) forum. The F06 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe forum is here

Old 10-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 650i Coupe
Individual Imola/Opal Merino - Update

Starters.

Imola Red
Individual Leather
Merino Opal White
M-Sport
20" 373 Wheels
NON-RFT/Nitto 555ZR-Extreme
Full LED Lighting
Piano Finish Black Trim
Ceramic Controls
M6 Spoiler
Imola Red Diffuser/Gloss Black Wrap

Last edited by ShakeDaddy; 10-17-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 10-12-2012, 09:03 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 2012 650i xDrive
So damn jealous!!!!

Congrats. Beautiful car.

650i xDrive Coupe (2012), Carbon Black/Black/Gray Poplar, M Sport, Full LEDs, 20" 373M Wheels, ARS,
HUD, CWP, Premium Sound, Nappa Dash w/ Contrast Stitching, Ceramic Controls, BMW Apps, PCD
http://www.youtube.com/user/Southern6er22
http://southern6er22.blogspot.com/
Old 10-14-2012, 02:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Love it bro. Personally could never deal with the maintenance needed for white leather, but I think it's the best looking interior color.

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 10-14-2012, 03:08 PM

Mein Auto: 318I
Like the troopers from star wars. Looks fantastic =)
Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 PM

Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
So damn jealous!!!!

Congrats. Beautiful car.
What will be your next car...stay with coupé or the GC?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:33 PM

I remember driving a imola red 650i...a bright colour and a real eye-catcher!!

Love that interior....piping and contrast stitching....why did opt out from getting the B&O system??
Old 10-15-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace535i View Post
What will be your next car...stay with coupé or the GC?
Idk. Depends on where I'm living and my car needs. I might go the M4 route depending on the fit and finish of the new one. I don't see myself getting a GC as I don't see a need for the passenger space in the near future. Maybe an X6 50i or X6 M + Individual. Not really sure when I'll be replacing my 6er. I'm pretty sure I'll be holding onto it for 5 years or so since I didn't lease.

650i xDrive Coupe (2012), Carbon Black/Black/Gray Poplar, M Sport, Full LEDs, 20" 373M Wheels, ARS,
HUD, CWP, Premium Sound, Nappa Dash w/ Contrast Stitching, Ceramic Controls, BMW Apps, PCD
Old 10-15-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Idk. Depends on where I'm living and my car needs. I might go the M4 route depending on the fit and finish of the new one. I don't see myself getting a GC as I don't see a need for the passenger space in the near future. Maybe an X6 50i or X6 M + Individual. Not really sure when I'll be replacing my 6er. I'm pretty sure I'll be holding onto it for 5 years or so since I didn't lease.
Will you then be getting the BMW extended 7yr/100K warranty?
Old 10-16-2012, 05:51 AM

Thinking about it. I'd hate for it to become a money pit. Still thinking it over...

Old 10-16-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace535i View Post
I remember driving a imola red 650i...a bright colour and a real eye-catcher!!

Love that interior....piping and contrast stitching....why did opt out from getting the B&O system??
Kept this car under the physco 100K MSRP mark coming in at $99,225.

Just can't do all the goodies. For me really don't see the need for the B & O. The one option I struggled with and didn't do was the Adaptive Drive that also includes ARS.

Can't do em all but in the end very pleased ordering a 2013 in June for 6K under MSRP.
Imola Red
Individual Leather
Merino Opal White
M-Sport
20" 373 Wheels
Full LED Lighting
Piano Finish Black Trim
Ceramic Controls
M6 Spoiler

Old 10-16-2012, 12:04 PM

Mein Auto: 650 coupe SE, V8 4runner
Beautiful - Please tell me you are removing those efficient dynamics stickers. And am I correct you wanted shadowline not chrome?

Last edited by mrjoed2; 10-16-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Beautiful - Please tell me you are removing those efficient dynamics stickers. And am I correct you wanted shadowline not chrome?
Oh yes on removing those gawd awful dynamic stickers. Plus there is another factory sticker inside top left on the windshield that will be removed.

Having 3M Crystalline tint put on late next week. Also having a protective sheild applied to the inside door openers to keep those lady fingernail scratches from appearing.

Love the shadowline vs chrome on the coupe, especially when the tint goes on.

I'm thinking you should go with the Full Individual Leather Merino that includes leather dash/doors, contrast stitching everywhere and leather pipping instead of the Executive Package. Add Ceramic Controls and your still ahead $150. For me the only gotta have option on the Excutive Package besides what is included on the Full Merino Leather (Perf/Vent Seats, Contrast Stitching, Instrument Panel with Leather) is the Soft Close Doors. To me it came down to a choice between Full Individual Merino Leather vs. Soft Close Doors.
Imola Red
Individual Leather
Merino Opal White
M-Sport
20" 373 Wheels
Full LED Lighting
Piano Finish Black Trim
Ceramic Controls
M6 Spoiler

Old 10-16-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeDaddy View Post
Oh yes on removing those gawd awful dynamic stickers. Plus there is another factory sticker inside top left on the windshield that will be removed.

Having 3M Crystalline tint put on late next week. Also having a protective sheild applied to the inside door openers to keep those lady fingernail scratches from appearing.

Love the shadowline vs chrome on the coupe, especially when the tint goes on.

I'm thinking you should go with the Full Individual Leather Merino that includes leather dash/doors, contrast stitching everywhere and leather pipping instead of the Executive Package. Add Ceramic Controls and your still ahead $150. For me the only gotta have option on the Excutive Package besides what is included on the Full Merino Leather (Perf/Vent Seats, Contrast Stitching, Instrument Panel with Leather) is the Soft Close Doors. To me it came down to a choice between Full Individual Merino Leather vs. Soft Close Doors.
It is a tough choice between Executive and full Merino. But you did forget one great feature in Exec Pkg - the Heads up display. I have tried it and it is terrific. Only way to get in this year is in this pkg, no stand alone option. And FYI, the Exec pkg includes the ceramic controls. Also like the power rear sunshade which is included.

Question - other than the color & piping, is there any difference between the Nappa leather and Merino? Can't find much info on Merino
Old 10-16-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Kept this car under the physco 100K MSRP mark coming in at $99,225.
Amazing that this car has a MSRP < $100k - definitely had me fooled with Individual interior, M Sport, and Full LEDs. Sure is amazing how the options add up fast. I think when I first started toying with the idea of a 6er (once my X6 reached the $90k mark on the BYO site) I was able to go bare minimum and was right around $93k... Then I had to add M Sport, HUD, etc. and I added another $10k+ before I knew it. Even without these options the car was very respectable - although it's almost sickening that you could get a 3er with more tech options for half the price of a 6er.

Quote:
Question - other than the color & piping, is there any difference between the Nappa leather and Merino? Can't find much info on Merino
I haven't found any good info about the difference between the two. BMW doesn't publish much about the various leathers unfortunately. I think they're very similar in terms of quality and material. I think the Merino, at least in BMW terminology, is as much about the name and color options as it is about anything else. Nappa is pretty amazing - makes Nevada feel like pleather.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Amazing that this car has a MSRP < $100k - definitely had me fooled with Individual interior, M Sport, and Full LEDs. Sure is amazing how the options add up fast. I think when I first started toying with the idea of a 6er (once my X6 reached the $90k mark on the BYO site) I was able to go bare minimum and was right around $93k... Then I had to add M Sport, HUD, etc. and I added another $10k+ before I knew it. Even without these options the car was very respectable - although it's almost sickening that you could get a 3er with more tech options for half the price of a 6er.

I haven't found any good info about the difference between the two. BMW doesn't publish much about the various leathers unfortunately. I think they're very similar in terms of quality and material. I think the Merino, at least in BMW terminology, is as much about the name and color options as it is about anything else. Nappa is pretty amazing - makes Nevada feel like pleather.

I agree - think Nappa & Merino is similar. Colors and exclusiveness are likely difference, and the individual name. But like the B & O, the money difference is a factor. Take out the leather dash/contrast stitching at $1500 ( from '12 pricing) and the Merino is $2000 more than Nappa. Not sure if it's worth it. Think I prefer to put the $ into Exec and get Ivory White Nappa & Exec Pkg to get the other goodies (HUD, soft close,ceramic, rear sunshade, vent seats- and of course extended leather)

Last edited by mrjoed2; 10-17-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:27 AM

Mein Auto: X6M
Quote:
I'm going to be curious to see the leather in my GC (which went into production TODAY!), but I've seen "Merino" leather in the Z4 and couldn't tell any major differences in terms of quality or feel.

2014 BMW X6 ///M | SpaceGray/BlackPerforatedFullMerino/CarbonLeather
2014 BMW 328xi Touring M-Sport | GlacierSilver/BlackDakota/DarkBurlWalnut
2014 BMW X6 35i M-Perf | TitaniumSilver/BlackNappa/DarkBamboo [wife's ride]

BMW HISTORY | '13 650xiGC, '12 650xi, '11 535xi, '11 X6 50i, '09 750i, '09 328xiT, '08 650i, '07 750i, '07 X5 4.8i, '06 650i, '05 745i, '05 325xiT, '03 745i, '02 745i, '01 325Cic, '01 X5 4.4i, and on...
Old 10-17-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
It is a tough choice between Executive and full Merino. But you did forget one great feature in Exec Pkg - the Heads up display. I have tried it and it is terrific. Only way to get in this year is in this pkg, no stand alone option. And FYI, the Exec pkg includes the ceramic controls. Also like the power rear sunshade which is included.

A good debate. What I especially like with the Individual Merino is the console color matching up with the interior and front/back seats. Gives the interior more flow and pop. Get's you away from the standard black console. There may not be but probably is a difference in leather quality between Nappa and Merino, I had the never previously had the opportunity to checked this out, but will do so.

For my taste, the Heads up Display for me it's not a, "gotta have", nice but no deal breaker. A bit like the seat ventilation and the rear sunshade. Like I said, go with the Full Merino Leather add Ceramic Controls at $650 and your still $150 ahead.
Imola Red
Individual Leather
Merino Opal White
M-Sport
20" 373 Wheels
Full LED Lighting
Piano Finish Black Trim
Ceramic Controls
M6 Spoiler

Old 10-17-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
A good debate. What I especially like with the Individual Merino is the console color matching up with the interior and front/back seats. Gives the interior more flow and pop. Get's you away from the standard black console. There may not be but probably is a difference in leather quality between Nappa and Merino, I had the never previously had the opportunity to checked this out, but will do so.

For my taste, the Heads up Display for me it's not a, "gotta have", nice but no deal breaker. A bit like the seat ventilation and the rear sunshade. Like I said, go with the Full Merino Leather add Ceramic Controls at $650 and your still $150 ahead.
Agree good discussion. I think any of the options discussed by themselves are not dealbreakers, but taken together are a excellent feature set. Seems the 2 leather types are very close. Matching console color is nice but so are the HUD & soft close doors. Also I would imagine the pure white might be headache to maintain. Even as a pleasure car, it is going to show every mark and spot of dirt. You'll have to let us know about maintenance.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Agree good discussion. I think any of the options discussed by themselves are not dealbreakers, but taken together are a excellent feature set. Seems the 2 leather types are very close. Matching console color is nice but so are the HUD & soft close doors. Also I would imagine the pure white might be headache to maintain. Even as a pleasure car, it is going to show every mark and spot of dirt. You'll have to let us know about maintenance.
Wonder what's harder to keep clean, Opal/Ivory interior or a Black Metallic exterior.

With the quality cleaining products available I choose not to buy the 5 year BMW interior package. Don't really think it's going to be all that tough. I know your going with Imola but what's your interior color lean?
Imola Red
Individual Leather
Merino Opal White
M-Sport
20" 373 Wheels
Full LED Lighting
Piano Finish Black Trim
Ceramic Controls
M6 Spoiler

Last edited by ShakeDaddy; 10-17-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
One other feature of the Individual Full Leather Merino that I do like is the black leg wells and black carpet. Agressive color combo.
Imola Red
Individual Leather
Merino Opal White
M-Sport
20" 373 Wheels
Full LED Lighting
Piano Finish Black Trim
Ceramic Controls
M6 Spoiler

Last edited by ShakeDaddy; 10-17-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Wonder what's harder to keep clean, Opal/Ivory interior or a Black Metallic exterior.

With the quality cleaining products available I choose not to buy the 5 year BMW interior package. Don't really think it's going to be all that tough. I know your going with Imola but what's your interior color lean?
Ivory white for sure. Drove a non-M sport car recently with that interior color & leather dash/contrast stitching. I recently sold a Porsche with a black interior and want a lighter color. Love the contrast with the black surroundings.

And FYI- wife test drive with me - with the soft close doors she will have no excuse for "slamming" the door shut - a pet peeve of mine. IMO soft close should be standard without having to go for Exec Pkg. And I'll vote black exterior being harder - I have a black V8 4 Runner and it's a bitch to keep looking pristine.

Last edited by mrjoed2; 10-17-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:59 PM
(aharding)ED #1 Sept 2012

Mein Auto: BMW GC & MB SL500
The white and red is really sharp on your car, a head turner!

We we're going to order Amaro/Opal White but chickened out after hearing horror stories about keeping the white, White. So now we have Black/Amaro. You can only get the Amaro/Opal in the GC. Black/Amaro is available in the Convertible and Coupe.

How is the white holding up?

2013 F06 640i Gran Coupe Carbon Black | M Sport Package | Amaro Brown Merino Leather | Fine Line Oak Wood Trim | Driver Assistance Package | Luxury Seating Package | Bang & Olufsen | Ceramic Controls | BMW Apps | Full LED Lighting
ED Trip Report - September 2012
Post your Neuschwanstein Castle photo here
Hawaii Vacation Rentals
Old 10-26-2012, 09:00 PM

My great uncle had a beautiful 1968 Cadillac Eldorado in cherry red with red carpet and pure white leather interior including a white vinyl top and steering wheel and trimmed in chrome inside and out!!

It was always in top form and a real show stopper!!

I forgot how beautiful cars could be executed 45 years ago!!