Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Performance Center Delivery

Performance Center Delivery
Are you interested in picking up your new BMW at the Performance Delivery Center in beautiful South Carolina? Get all your questions about picking up your car answered here by staff from the Performance Delivery Center and other members who have already had the experience! ... View the PDC Wiki -- View the Delivery Date Calendar -- Add Your Delivery Date to the Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Tato97 Tato97 is offline
Registered User
Location: VA
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: Anything with wheels
Question First post/question about PCD timeline

Hello!

I am new to the community and have a couple of questions regarding a new order with PCD.

I placed an order for an X3 two days ago and was given a production number today. However the sales person told me the PC was really backed up and it will not be until early December that I would be able to schedule delivery vs. early November if I opted for delivery at the dealer. I don't know if he was trying to discourage me to get PCD or if it is actually true that it will delay delivery that much.

What is the next step in the sequence after getting the production order number? And how long for that? Is it production week number...?? When do I actually get to pick my preferred delivery date?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by Tato97; 10-13-2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Misspeled PCD
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 10-13-2012, 06:45 AM
BenF12400 BenF12400 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 284
Mein Auto: 2006 X3; 2010 528;2013 X5
I ordered an X5 in April and sort of got to pick my PCD date and actually had to change the dates twice - no problem. First date the SA had given me, I would not be available, second date my son was not available, so wound up with May 8. SA took care of everything. Don't know if it's getting backed up at PCD but it's worth the wait. We had a great time the entire day. Maybe dealer doesn't want to risk a sale. Funny thing is you have to pay the delivery charge even though you're the delivery person when you do PCD on X3 or X5 (maybe not so funny)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-13-2012, 06:49 AM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,667
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
I thought delivery was from Germany to a location in the US?

I thought they only made X3 and Z4 in SC, has that changed?
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:07 AM
GeorgeT's Avatar
GeorgeT GeorgeT is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seneca, SC
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 985
Mein Auto: '07 750i BMW; '03 Z4 BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
I thought delivery was from Germany to a location in the US?

I thought they only made X3 and Z4 in SC, has that changed?
All X models are made in SC, X3, X5 and X6. It's the only factory in the world for those models. Z4 production moved to Germany when the X3 began production.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-13-2012, 12:11 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,667
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeT View Post
All X models are made in SC, X3, X5 and X6. It's the only factory in the world for those models. Z4 production moved to Germany when the X3 began production.
Didn't know about the Z4. There is definitely production form X5 and X6 outside the US. Saw two being delivered at the factory with options we don't see in the US. In particular Diesel engines.
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-13-2012, 05:52 PM
The Other Tom The Other Tom is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Carolina
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,906
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Didn't know about the Z4. There is definitely production form X5 and X6 outside the US. Saw two being delivered at the factory with options we don't see in the US. In particular Diesel engines.
X5's with Diesel engines are made in the US and shipped all over the world, including Germany. They are also available for US delivery.
__________________
2008 335i
2001 325i retired
2000 M Roadster Imola Red retired
1998 Z3 2.8L retired
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-13-2012, 10:59 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,667
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Tom View Post
X5's with Diesel engines are made in the US and shipped all over the world, including Germany. They are also available for US delivery.
No doubt, but the power plant I saw was a triple turbo Diesel engine (as described to me by the factory rep) so must have been out of somewhere else, perhaps Mexico.
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-14-2012, 01:26 PM
The Other Tom The Other Tom is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Carolina
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,906
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
No doubt, but the power plant I saw was a triple turbo Diesel engine (as described to me by the factory rep) so must have been out of somewhere else, perhaps Mexico.
Engine made in Germany (Austria ?), vehicle assembled in US
__________________
2008 335i
2001 325i retired
2000 M Roadster Imola Red retired
1998 Z3 2.8L retired
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-14-2012, 02:08 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,667
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Tom View Post
Engine made in Germany (Austria ?), vehicle assembled in US
Why not made in Mexico where they make some x5 and X6?
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-14-2012, 05:37 PM
The Other Tom The Other Tom is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Carolina
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,906
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Why not made in Mexico where they make some x5 and X6?
Because they don't make x5 or x6 in Mexico. All are made in the US.
Edit: it appears armored x5's are made in Mexico. We're the x5's you saw armored vehicles ?
__________________
2008 335i
2001 325i retired
2000 M Roadster Imola Red retired
1998 Z3 2.8L retired

Last edited by The Other Tom; 10-14-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:20 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,667
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Mexico makes both armored and non armored. Either way, they had the 50d classification which is the triple turbo diesel. Pretty sweet.
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-15-2012, 10:52 AM
I-Won-Today I-Won-Today is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: BMW Performance Center
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,188
Mein Auto: Anything with wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tato97 View Post
Hello!

I am new to the community and have a couple of questions regarding a new order with PCD.

I placed an order for an X3 two days ago and was given a production number today. However the sales person told me the PC was really backed up and it will not be until early December that I would be able to schedule delivery vs. early November if I opted for delivery at the dealer. I don't know if he was trying to discourage me to get PCD or if it is actually true that it will delay delivery that much.

What is the next step in the sequence after getting the production order number? And how long for that? Is it production week number...?? When do I actually get to pick my preferred delivery date?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Congrats on the new X3

Most Fridays and Mondays in November are probably booked at this time, however I'm sure there are some available spots mid-week. Based on you vehicles production date, the delivery of vehicles built in Spartanburg will be a minimum of 2 weeks after completed production and no later than 6 weeks after completed production.

Hope that helps. look forward to meeting you, if you decide to take delivery here! Either way, I know you'll enjoy your new BMW

Jonathan
__________________
Jonathan Stribble
BMW Performance Center
Product Support Specialist
Click here to visit the BMW Performance Center website.



Thanks to everyone that donated to my fundraising effort supporting the American Cancer Society.
Donations can still be made by clicking the banner below.

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-15-2012, 12:33 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,667
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Jonathan - if you just finished your ED and expect the vehicle in 6-8 weeks can you reserve your time for after that in say mid-late December? I need to do it close to weekend since I will be coming from Dallas. Are you guaranteed a spot once your car comes in?
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-16-2012, 11:49 AM
I-Won-Today I-Won-Today is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: BMW Performance Center
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,188
Mein Auto: Anything with wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Jonathan - if you just finished your ED and expect the vehicle in 6-8 weeks can you reserve your time for after that in say mid-late December? I need to do it close to weekend since I will be coming from Dallas. Are you guaranteed a spot once your car comes in?
Due to the variance in time it can take ED vehicles to clear Customs and the VPC, they will not schedule them in advance. I think most ED re-deliveries here have been running around 8-10 weeks from the drop off date to re-delivery here. You can have your CA list preferred dates on the reservation or email them to us, however it is not guaranteed we'll be able to accomodate.

You will be guaranteed an available date to take re-delivery, however it may not be a Friday and it may delay receiving your vehicle by a week vs. having it sent to the dealer.

Let me know if you need anything else.
__________________
Jonathan Stribble
BMW Performance Center
Product Support Specialist
Click here to visit the BMW Performance Center website.



Thanks to everyone that donated to my fundraising effort supporting the American Cancer Society.
Donations can still be made by clicking the banner below.

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-16-2012, 06:34 PM
johnofcross's Avatar
johnofcross johnofcross is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Jacksonville, FL
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 213
Mein Auto: F30 335i Superman M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Won-Today View Post
Due to the variance in time it can take ED vehicles to clear Customs and the VPC, they will not schedule them in advance. I think most ED re-deliveries here have been running around 8-10 weeks from the drop off date to re-delivery here. You can have your CA list preferred dates on the reservation or email them to us, however it is not guaranteed we'll be able to accomodate.

You will be guaranteed an available date to take re-delivery, however it may not be a Friday and it may delay receiving your vehicle by a week vs. having it sent to the dealer.

Let me know if you need anything else.
I hope to make it through VPC this week, but I haven't bugged Adrian or anyone as I'm trying to be patient. But once it clears VPC, how soon do I get an email from you guys to set up a PCD appointment? I plan on doing a Wednesday pickup anyway so I can spend a good 3 or so days up there
__________________
8/31/2012 ED - ED Report
11/8/2012 PCD

2013 BMW 335i Sedan Estoril Blue II M Sport 2PF|6MT|ZDH|ZTP|Coral Red Leather|688|508
2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-18-2012, 11:50 AM
I-Won-Today I-Won-Today is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: BMW Performance Center
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,188
Mein Auto: Anything with wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofcross View Post
I hope to make it through VPC this week, but I haven't bugged Adrian or anyone as I'm trying to be patient. But once it clears VPC, how soon do I get an email from you guys to set up a PCD appointment? I plan on doing a Wednesday pickup anyway so I can spend a good 3 or so days up there
Once we get an ETA of when they can ship and when we can expect to receive it, your CA will receive an email (typically 1 - 2 days after it is released from the VPC).

Requesting a Wednesday will make finding a date a lot easier. Do you know if that was requested on the reservation your CA submitted. If not, send me an PM requesting that and your VIN and I'll get it added for you.

Let me know if you need anything else.
__________________
Jonathan Stribble
BMW Performance Center
Product Support Specialist
Click here to visit the BMW Performance Center website.



Thanks to everyone that donated to my fundraising effort supporting the American Cancer Society.
Donations can still be made by clicking the banner below.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-18-2012, 02:02 PM
johnofcross's Avatar
johnofcross johnofcross is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Jacksonville, FL
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 213
Mein Auto: F30 335i Superman M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Won-Today View Post
Once we get an ETA of when they can ship and when we can expect to receive it, your CA will receive an email (typically 1 - 2 days after it is released from the VPC).

Requesting a Wednesday will make finding a date a lot easier. Do you know if that was requested on the reservation your CA submitted. If not, send me an PM requesting that and your VIN and I'll get it added for you.

Let me know if you need anything else.
I believe it has been requested (Adrian is on the ball with these things ). ED Dept even knows that I'll be doing PCD. I'm just glad it won't take too long to get an appointment, as I really need this car soon. I'm on the second stage through the VPC and hope I can get through it by tomorrow. Thanks for the reply!
__________________
8/31/2012 ED - ED Report
11/8/2012 PCD

2013 BMW 335i Sedan Estoril Blue II M Sport 2PF|6MT|ZDH|ZTP|Coral Red Leather|688|508
2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-18-2012, 04:24 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,667
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofcross View Post
I hope to make it through VPC this week, but I haven't bugged Adrian or anyone as I'm trying to be patient. But once it clears VPC, how soon do I get an email from you guys to set up a PCD appointment? I plan on doing a Wednesday pickup anyway so I can spend a good 3 or so days up there
Wow, so that means 6 weeks +|- from drop off?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-19-2012, 02:35 AM
johnofcross's Avatar
johnofcross johnofcross is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Jacksonville, FL
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 213
Mein Auto: F30 335i Superman M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Wow, so that means 6 weeks +|- from drop off?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
Just about. This weekend makes it week 6, and I'm not sure how long it'll take to get through VPC. I was in customs for a week (ship got to Brunswick 10/8, my car got to customs 10/9, and was just released yesterday, 10/18). And hopefully 1-2 weeks till PCD (hoping, severely... )
__________________
8/31/2012 ED - ED Report
11/8/2012 PCD

2013 BMW 335i Sedan Estoril Blue II M Sport 2PF|6MT|ZDH|ZTP|Coral Red Leather|688|508
2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-19-2012, 05:23 AM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,667
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofcross View Post
Just about. This weekend makes it week 6, and I'm not sure how long it'll take to get through VPC. I was in customs for a week (ship got to Brunswick 10/8, my car got to customs 10/9, and was just released yesterday, 10/18). And hopefully 1-2 weeks till PCD (hoping, severely... )
Excellent. Can you post when it is ready for pick up, even if you don't get it right away? Just trying to keep my expectations in check.
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-19-2012, 08:23 AM
johnofcross's Avatar
johnofcross johnofcross is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Jacksonville, FL
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 213
Mein Auto: F30 335i Superman M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Excellent. Can you post when it is ready for pick up, even if you don't get it right away? Just trying to keep my expectations in check.
I'm assuming that's when it gets from the VPC to PCD? I'll let you know.
__________________
8/31/2012 ED - ED Report
11/8/2012 PCD

2013 BMW 335i Sedan Estoril Blue II M Sport 2PF|6MT|ZDH|ZTP|Coral Red Leather|688|508
2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-19-2012, 09:43 PM
the_fox's Avatar
the_fox the_fox is offline
Custom User
Location: under the sun
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 684
Mein Auto: X1
You guys have almost the exact same Neuschwanstein signature pic... Funny, but cool! Long lost twins maybe?
__________________
Do not fold, staple, or mutilate. Void where prohibited.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-20-2012, 06:34 AM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,667
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fox View Post
You guys have almost the exact same Neuschwanstein signature pic... Funny, but cool! Long lost twins maybe?
Cousins...
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-20-2012, 02:20 PM
johnofcross's Avatar
johnofcross johnofcross is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Jacksonville, FL
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 213
Mein Auto: F30 335i Superman M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fox View Post
You guys have almost the exact same Neuschwanstein signature pic... Funny, but cool! Long lost twins maybe?
He's got a closer shot, and with a 535 M-Sport. I'd say a richer, smarter cousin
__________________
8/31/2012 ED - ED Report
11/8/2012 PCD

2013 BMW 335i Sedan Estoril Blue II M Sport 2PF|6MT|ZDH|ZTP|Coral Red Leather|688|508
2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-20-2012, 02:34 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,667
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofcross View Post
He's got a closer shot, and with a 535 M-Sport. I'd say a richer, smarter cousin
Good one. Unfortunately both of us got bad weather.

Now just waiting on PDC, as my car arrives in New Brunswick on 11/12.
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Performance Center Delivery
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms